Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
RNH is a mega shrug for me.

He's probably a lesser Turris at this point. Good player but hard to get excited about him considering he was a first overall and is now a third C.

Reactions: aragorn

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Karlsson Ryan for Draisaitl Larsson 1st

ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Draisaitl, L
  2. Klefbom, O
  3. Strome, R
  4. Nurse, D
edmonton_oilers.svg
EDM

1. Ryan, B
  2. Karlsson, E
  3. Dzingel, R
  4. White, C
  5. 2nd
Edmonton will need money to to resign Karlsson and White so will need cap space. Strome and Nurse should get raises so adding them helps with the numbers. For them to take on Ryan you have to sweeten the deal. money wise this works and I think both teams. Take out Ryan and it makes the deal easier.

I just can't see Edmonton wanting Ryan in any way + Lucic.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He's probably a lesser Turris at this point. Good player but hard to get excited about him considering he was a first overall and is now a third C.
He's not a 3rd C.. Not very often did Edmonton deploy McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH all at C at the same time. Drai has been on McDavid's wing a lot.. now RNH is.

Reactions: Deku

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's not a 3rd C

He's currently playing as a third C and is, from what I understand, doing very well.

In a vacuum he's probably a decent 2nd line C.

EDIT: at least that is what I had understood. I did not know he was playing wing these days. Still, not an exciting player in terms of acquisition IMO.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Draisaitl, L
  2. Klefbom, O
  3. Strome, R
  4. Nurse, D
edmonton_oilers.svg
EDM

1. Ryan, B
  2. Karlsson, E
  3. Dzingel, R
  4. White, C
  5. 2nd
Edmonton will need money to to resign Karlsson and White so will need cap space. Strome and Nurse should get raises so adding them helps with the numbers. For them to take on Ryan you have to sweeten the deal. money wise this works and I think both teams. Take out Ryan and it makes the deal easier.

Not giving them White to take Ryan

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Also seems a bit silly to get RNH who is making Turris money when Turris is probably a better player.

I guess RNH is 24 years old but still.

So damn "meh". He's not even that good at faceoffs I believe.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Also seems a bit silly to get RNH who is making Turris money when Turris is probably a better player.

I guess RNH is 24 years old but still.

So damn "meh". He's not even that good at faceoffs I believe.

Starting today .. 6 years 6 million... I'd take RNH over Turris ... but 6 years was never on the table :dunno:
What seems a little surprising to me is moving Brassard and then possibly move Hoffman for a C.. but ... chances are he'd want 6 years as well. I hope Dorion knows what he's doing and he has a plan to have 6 legitimate top 6 players and its not just change for change sake...

The hope things work out with player x taking another leap has not been really working

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Starting today .. 6 years 6 million... I'd take RNH over Turris ... but 6 years was never on the table :dunno:
What seems a little surprising to me is moving Brassard and then possibly move Hoffman for a C.. but ... chances are he'd want 6 years as well. I hope Dorion knows what he's doing and he has a plan to have 6 legitimate top 6 players and its not just change for change sake...

The hope things work out with player x taking another leap has not been really working

RNH is probably going to look for more than 6 per on his next deal however.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

He's better than Turris. Pretty similar style although Turris is more of a shooter and Nuge is more of a playmaker.
He's a quality 2C.

I should add that I wouldn't want to give Hoffman for him.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
RNH has 3 years left on his contract after this season concludes. Think back to where this team was 3 seasons ago, in terms of NHL hockey, that's a long time.

If we're acquiring RNH as part of a re-tool, the ideal scenario would be that he becomes our 2C for the next two years, in year 3 one of our C prospects is ready for 2C deal, and then we can trade RNH for futures.

If Brassard was a bit younger and signed for 3 more years, maybe we wouldn't have moved him. A Brassard extension most likely wasn't in the books, so our options were to trade him before the 18-19 season, trade him at the 18-19 deadline, or to lose him for nothing after the 18-19 season concludes.

Meaning, we were going to need a replacement C in 2019, we just expedited the process.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Draisaitl, L
  2. Klefbom, O
  3. Strome, R
  4. Nurse, D
edmonton_oilers.svg
EDM

1. Ryan, B
  2. Karlsson, E
  3. Dzingel, R
  4. White, C
  5. 2nd

EWWWWW

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's better than Turris. Pretty similar style although Turris is more of a shooter and Nuge is more of a playmaker.
He's a quality 2C.

I should add that I wouldn't want to give Hoffman for him.

That is the bottom line.

We should keep Hoffman, he works very well with Duchene.

Reactions: Deku

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
Since it's been a talking point on here today, I thought I'd mention that Garrioch wrote an article about the Hoffman for Nuge rumours.
Here's the article: Dorion hits the road with an eye toward next season

To paraphrase, the rumours are exactly that rumours. He also says that the team doesn't seem to want to trade Hoffman because of his chemistry with Duchene.
I wonder if Garrioch means it'll take more to get Hoffman or if Dorion's more reserved on the idea of trading him now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Since it's been a talking point on here today, I thought I'd mention that Garrioch wrote an article about the Hoffman for Nuge rumours.
Here's the article: Dorion hits the road with an eye toward next season

To paraphrase, the rumours are exactly that rumours. He also says that the team doesn't seem to want to trade Hoffman because of his chemistry with Duchene.
I wonder if Garrioch means it'll take more to get Hoffman or if Dorion's more reserved on the idea of trading him now.

We can rely on Bruce to get to the bottom of it and let the fans know what the real scoop is right?

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Draisaitl, L
  2. Klefbom, O
  3. Strome, R
  4. Nurse, D
edmonton_oilers.svg
EDM

1. Ryan, B
  2. Karlsson, E
  3. Dzingel, R
  4. White, C
  5. 2nd

Too many pieces moving to be realistic if you ask me and probably you trying hard to make a fair deal. Likely not a horrendous deal but maybe plug in a piece instead of White and us giving a 2nd... or take away from Edmonton and insert a diff piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad