Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Countdown to countdown to the drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Who?
But on this note, Chia has said things about trading down.

Our first, Pouliot for the Vegas second and fourth?

Yea, it would for sure be for them to take Pouliot. Then we can re-sign Russell 2 years 4M per.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
If I was Vegas I wouldn't fall prey to any "threats" of having to take a camp dump to get a decent player.

It's a zero sum game among the other 30 teams... if one teams trades a player just to keep him away from Vegas... then that other team has to protect that player... exposing another.

Vegas is still going to get 30 decent players... 1 from each club and they shouldn't give in to "blackmail" to start their team.

Exactly. I don't understand the scenario Seravelli reported on.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

The only way it makes sense, that I can think of, is if either LV is trying to generate other such offers from other teams or McPhee is actually doing Bowman a favor.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

many if not most fans of teams here are dreaming about similar scenarios. Its like Oilers leaving X unprotected or offering a X round pick to LV to take Pouliot.

everyone is hoping their team somehow dumps a bad contract on LV.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

he is getting played. TVR is not that good and Krugar is that bad. Theory is TVR to the leafs. Hawks are trying to get Vagas to look at their D and not their FWDs---Hartman may not be protected and I would take him over TVR

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Stauffer tubthumping for McIlrath again.

Thing is I agree with him... I'd take a shot at him as well. RHD with size and youth.. still developing. Wouldn't hurt to have him in the Oilers system.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Stauffer tumbthumping for McIlrath again.

Thing is I agree with him... I'd take a shot at him as well. RHD with size and youth.. still developing. Wouldn't hurt to have him in the Oilers system.

Chia/McLellan seem to like having a guy like Gryba around.

McIlrath wouldn't be the worst replacement for him for next season.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We dont need or want Mcilrath. He's getting bounced around the league for a reason.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
What do people think of RNH+Puljujarvi for Brett Pesce and Victor Rask? Does Carolina do it, do we? Think its a pretty fair deal.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What do people think of RNH+Puljujarvi for Brett Pesce and Victor Rask? Does Carolina do it, do we? Think its a pretty fair deal.

value might be fair but this deal doesnt do much for us. Certainly doesnt put us over the top. Rather keep Puljujarvi unless its for a difference maker.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
he is getting played. TVR is not that good and Krugar is that bad. Theory is TVR to the leafs. Hawks are trying to get Vagas to look at their D and not their FWDs---Hartman may not be protected and I would take him over TVR

Chicago will just dump TVR to a team who can protect him for picks, or maybe buy his last year out.

What their saying is you won't get him from us unless you make a deal with us.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Chicago will just dump TVR to a team who can protect him for picks, or maybe buy his last year out.

What their saying is you won't get him from us unless you make a deal with us.

If I'm LV, I'm calling that bluff. Are teams going to spend picks on TVR when they could be spending those same picks on a better defenseman, like, say, Dumba? TVR still has to be protected.

There are going to be teams with relatively slim pickings, and Chicago is one of those teams. LV should be fine with taking a Ville Pokka or Michal Kempny if it means avoiding taking on guys like Kruger for the sake of acquiring guys like TVR.

I have to admit, it annoys me that Chicago has (reportedly) proposed this condition.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
value might be fair but this deal doesnt do much for us. Certainly doesnt put us over the top. Rather keep Puljujarvi unless its for a difference maker.

Well Pesce is expansion draft exempt and would be our long term second pairing RHD. Having a top 4 of:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Pesce

is pretty damn nice. Add in that Rask just had a better year then RNH and I don't think the deal is to bad. Pesce played 21 minutes a night for Carolina this year, and only averaged 37 seconds of PP time.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
might be overblown here... Maybe its got nothing to do with expansion draft..
CHI is in cap hell.. LV has plenty of room..

TVR + Kruger package sounds a lot like Teravainen+Bickell..

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well Pesce is expansion draft exempt and would be our long term second pairing RHD. Having a top 4 of:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Pesce

is pretty damn nice. Add in that Rask just had a better year then RNH and I don't think the deal is to bad. Pesce played 21 minutes a night for Carolina this year, and only averaged 37 seconds of PP time.

and then Nurse-Benning?

Dont think that is a contender caliber D group if even league average.

Instead of wasting prime assets like Pulju, RNH to gt Pesce might as well re sign Russell without much downgrade.

If we are trading Puljujarvi I would look higher.. Hanifin was mentioned but he is another LHD. I would go after Byfuglien with retension.

Sekera-Byfuglien
Klefbom-Larsson would be much higher than league average top 4 if not near the top.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If I'm LV and Chi goes 4-4 and 1 I easily take Ryan Hartman or Richard Panik. If they trade TVR whatever just take a guy like Svedberg and be done with it. No sense saddling themselves to a bad contract for a mediocre player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad