Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread: Countdown to countdown to the drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
1) Little to nothing without an add or taking money back
2) I think we lose letestu at the ED
3) Hopefully around $7 million long term.
4) If they re-sign Russell I hope for less than 3.5 million per. But I hope they find someone else.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Seravelli just reported he heard Bowman told McPhee he can have Trevor Van Riemsdyk, but will have to take Krueger’ s contract.

IT BEGINS.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Seravelli just reported he heard Bowman told McPhee he can have Trevor Van Riemsdyk, but will have to take Krueger’ s contract.

IT BEGINS.
Gee thanks Bowman. You can have this 6/7 defenseman if you take this injury prone overpaid player

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Gee thanks Bowman. You can have this 6/7 defenseman if you take this injury prone overpaid player

TVR has one more year at $825,000.00, though. McPhee might think he can re-sign him for relatively cheap.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Hemsky is a Gangsta said:
Lowetide with an interesting thought today...Eberle for Eakin + Ritchie?
I really dislike the thought of Eberle for Eakin as the centerpiece, this one is a bit better /w Ritchie is the centerpiece here and Eakin is the cap-dump to offset Ebs salary, if Eakin had a deal that was one year shorter I'd give it some consideration, but as is I'd still pass on this one.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
1) Little to nothing without an add or taking money back
2) I think we lose letestu at the ED
3) Hopefully around $7 million long term.
4) If they re-sign Russell I hope for less than 3.5 million per. But I hope they find someone else.

1) As much value as any 20+G, 50+P (career worst), top-line producing RW who plays mostly second line minutes and is not a physical or defensive threat (read: not worthless or needing a cap dump in return in order to trade, but might need a bit of add to get something that we're looking for: PMD)
2) Lestestu or Brossoit
3) $7M long term would be fantastic
4) Will need to a) Re-sign Russell AND b) find a replacement for Sekera until healthy OR c) find two free agents to replace both of those players who played middle pairing minutes - barring this, we will have a ****** d-corps again if we are trying to throw even more youngsters into the lineup.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

The other thing I admit I don't really understand: can't McPhee just take Van Riemsdyk outright? Aren't they unable to protect him?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The other thing I admit I don't really understand: can't McPhee just take Van Riemsdyk outright? Aren't they unable to protect him?

He, McPhee, can, I think the Hawks are being "overly" hopeful about managing the "damage"/their cap.

Unless the Hawks are going to do the 8-1, they can't protect Van Riemsdyk.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

IT BEGINS.

I imagine that this released information would only help LV. Kruger is a pretty ****** condition for LV to take Van Riemsdyk. I would be shocked if other teams wouldn't at least match this offer.

Van Riemsdyk is a guy who would have been exposed anyways, so it's funny to think of him as a benefit for taking Kruger's bad contract. Pretty interesting.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I imagine that this released information would only help LV. Kruger is a pretty ****** condition for LV to take Van Riemsdyk. I would be shocked if other teams wouldn't at least match this offer.

Van Riemsdyk is a guy who would have been exposed anyways, so it's funny to think of him as a benefit for taking Kruger's bad contract. Pretty interesting.

Like I put on the main board

So it comes down to the Hawks going 8-1 vs. 7-3-1

8-1, the Hawks lose Panik

7-3-1, the Hawks lose Van Riemsdyk

So the Hawks have NO control over this situation at all.

Honestly, best case scenario for the Hawks, Hossa Retires. It hurts their cap BADLY long term, but in the short term they can protect pretty much everyone they want to.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Like I put on the main board

So it comes down to the Hawks going 8-1 vs. 7-3-1

8-1, the Hawks lose Panik

7-3-1, the Hawks lose Van Riemsdyk

So the Hawks have NO control over this situation at all.

Honestly, best case scenario for the Hawks, Hossa Retires. It hurts their cap BADLY long term, but in the short term they can protect pretty much everyone they want to.

Yeah, they are in a really tough situation, and that's considering that the cap is actually going to be at 77M this year. If it's lower, then they are even more screwed.

They were going to have to expose Van Riemsdyk either way, so it's hard to interpret what this information really means..

Edit: It would be similar to if the Oilers told LV: "you can have Reinhart, but you have to take Pouliot too."

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
losing TVR to expansion draft is really not a "really tough situation".
It CHI... knowing them they will land Kovalchuk for a 1M\yr somehow if they lose Panik.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I just heard that Lebrun reported that a team has offered LV a 1st round pick to take a bad contract (from Lowtide's show). This is probably a team who will be picking lower in the draft--Washington?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
It's being suggested Bowman thinks he might be able to trade TVR to another team. Then LV likely gets Kruger anyway.

This way they get both of them? Maybe I need more coffee.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Hawks have a magical 3rd team where they can trade him

Hawks are trying to work a deal--in where Vegas takes a player that could take anyway and take a bad contract at the same time

If McPhee does not see through that Vages is doomed

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I just heard that Lebrun reported that a team has offered LV a 1st round pick to take a bad contract (from Lowtide's show). This is probably a team who will be picking lower in the draft--Washington?

Sounds about right. MacLellan recently said they'd re-sign Oshie as long as the cap permits. Brooks Orpik should be a s good as gone in that scenario. So likely the offer was a 1st to VGK to take Orpik.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Sounds about right. MacLellan recently said they'd re-sign Oshie as long as the cap permits. Brooks Orpik should be a s good as gone in that scenario. So likely the offer was a 1st to VGK to take Orpik.

That's exactly who I had in mind. MacLellan has stated what everyone already knew: Washington's core defense does not include the slow guys--i.e., Alzner and Orpik.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, they are in a really tough situation, and that's considering that the cap is actually going to be at 77M this year. If it's lower, then they are even more screwed.

They were going to have to expose Van Riemsdyk either way, so it's hard to interpret what this information really means..

Edit: It would be similar to if the Oilers told LV: "you can have Reinhart, but you have to take Pouliot too."

This is exactly the way it seems

As for the team offering a 1st for a bad contract? I'm going to guess.

STL: Gunnarsson(They have an extra 1st)
DET: Howard/Eriksson(Though they pick relatively high)
LA: Brown
MIN: Povinville
PIT: Hagelin
PHI: MacDonald (Probably pick swap)
SJ: Schelmko ($2.1M for 3 more years :biglaugh:)
MTL: Plekanec/Emelin

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If I was Vegas I wouldn't fall prey to any "threats" of having to take a cap dump to get a decent player.

It's a zero sum game among the other 30 teams... if one teams trades a player just to keep him away from Vegas... then that other team has to protect that player... exposing another.

Vegas is still going to get 30 decent players... 1 from each club and they shouldn't give in to "blackmail" to start their team.

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2348981

last thread hit a 1000 awhile ago

Points of discussion

1) Eberle what is his value
2) Who to protect and who not to protect
3)Leon D's next contract
4) What to do with our D

1) I think the Oiler HF consensus of a players value is actually lower than it is in actuality. If we move him expect a decent something in return.

2) Isn't that done and dusted? Chiarelli already said 7-3-1... Poo, Kharia, Reinhart, and LB the most likely to be taken, minus if Vegas signs Russel preceding the expansion draft.

3) Probably less than most think. Somewhere in the 6 to 7.5 range. Don't think he will make more than guys like Ekblad and Taresenko.

4)Can't even speculate until after the expansion draft and if what Chiarelli says is true not even until after July 1st/when McDavid and Leon are signed. If able to, signing Russel and another experienced but low risk/low pay replacement for Sekera is likely.

I don't see a right shooting top 4 defender with a low cap hit that we can get without giving up more than anyone wants. Hall for Larsson IMO was a steal for us in hindsight but I imagine a trade/results of that magnitude would not be able to be duplicated.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Good chance it was us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad