Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What if we sent someone like Ryan Howse back the other way? He's turning 22, and though he hit a rough patch, is only 2 seasons removed from 51g, 83pt in 70 game campaign in the dub. Still one year left on his contract:

To CLB: Cammalleri + Howse

To CGY: Atkinson + 2013 2nd

I think that the time to trade Cammy is going to be at the deadline next year. The Flames objective is still going to be to compete for the playoffs, so until they are "out" they will hold onto him I think.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
that is the term and dollars for the full contract. Butler 2 year @ 4 million would be 2 million per. Brodie would be 2.5 million per.

also both of those trades were ones discussed and agreed upon by myself and the fans of those teams over the last little while, so while they might be optimistic, they have some merit.

Keep booth and Ballard far far away from this team. Booth is a soft bandaid, and Ballard is a duster. This has nothing to do with them being former Canucks I just think they are very average players at best. Booth might be above average but who cares when he only plays 15 games a year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I highly doubt that Pulock will be available after pick 15.
He has fallen in the central scouting rankings, his mid-season rank was 6th and now he is down to 12th among North American skaters. I think Euro skaters like Ristolainen, & Wennberg could easily go ahead of him too. So that would leave him around 17th and I believe guys who drop in the Central Scouting rankings like that are the ones more likely to slide on draft day. But tha is just my opinion.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He has fallen in the central scouting rankings, his mid-season rank was 6th and now he is down to 12th among North American skaters. I think Euro skaters like Ristolainen, & Wennberg could easily go ahead of him too. So that would leave him around 17th and I believe guys who drop in the Central Scouting rankings like that are the ones more likely to slide on draft day. But tha is just my opinion.

If we somehow got Pulock with our Stl pick I would be ecstatic. Hes probably my favorite defender in this draft.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't know if its frowned upon for fans of other teams to post here. If it is I'll post in the main trade forum.

What would it cost col for cgy to move down 10 spots to 32nd? Any interest there or would it take a large overpay?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't know if its frowned upon for fans of other teams to post here. If it is I'll post in the main trade forum.

What would it cost col for cgy to move down 10 spots to 32nd? Any interest there or would it take a large overpay?

It is more likely we move down from 28 than 22. I would probably want Stefan Elliott and we add a later pick but I doubt that flys.

I think 28 for 32 + a couple of later picks would work.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I'm not very good with proposals but I want to give this a shot. Not sure if San Jose does it but:
To Calgary:
Joe Pavelski

To San Jose:
Tanguay
Brossoit
Ferland
2nd round pick 2014

What's the value like? Good or bad?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm not very good with proposals but I want to give this a shot. Not sure if San Jose does it but:
To Calgary:
Joe Pavelski

To San Jose:
Tanguay
Brossoit
Ferland
2nd round pick 2014

What's the value like? Good or bad?

SJ is stacked with goalies so Brossoit probably is worthless to them. Tanguay is a nice piece but they want depth and really it is a 1-1 swap of Pavelski for Tanguay for the next few years so that is a big down grade I don't this happens.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
SJ is stacked with goalies so Brossoit probably is worthless to them. Tanguay is a nice piece but they want depth and really it is a 1-1 swap of Pavelski for Tanguay for the next few years so that is a big down grade I don't this happens.

What about a package of:
28th overall pick (or 22nd?)
2nd Round pick 2014
Tanguay
Ferland

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
how about wilds 2nd for markus granlund and our 4th

I would do it but I don't think Minnesota does it. Markus Granlund is a second round pick himself that hasn't overally done a lot to prove he is worth more than what he is. In theory we give up a 2nd + a 4th for 2 2nds. That wouldn't happen

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would do it but I don't think Minnesota does it. Markus Granlund is a second round pick himself that hasn't overally done a lot to prove he is worth more than what he is. In theory we give up a 2nd + a 4th for 2 2nds. That wouldn't happen

They may want to bring Granlund to play with his brother (they have some great chemistry) and I wouldn't move him for just 1 2nd. It might end up being Granlund + 3rd for 2 2nds.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Do you think the Flames would have any interest in obtaining Mikhail Grabovski?

At 29, and given we have guys who do pretty much the same thing he does, it's iffy tbh. Frankly, though, he might be the cheapest way to add another skilled centre I can think of. What do the Leafs think his value is right now?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Do you think the Flames would have any interest in obtaining Mikhail Grabovski?

For free maybe, but given his contract and the fact that he isn't the type of player we want (also rather redundant with Stajan already here) we would have no interest in giving anything of value for him.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For free maybe, but given his contract and the fact that he isn't the type of player we want (also rather redundant with Stajan already here) we would have no interest in giving anything of value for him.

When I think about it, the few flashed of Grabo I've seen in Leafs games this past year made me think he's more offensively skilled than Stajan. If we add him, we could have Backlund-Grabovski-Stajan down the middle. We need someone to fill that spot as our third centre, so it might as well be him if the Leafs are looking to get rid of his contract.

It wouldn't be a move that would really help us in the future, though, so it might need to be worked into an exchange of youth as well to make it worth our while. Perhaps this is the sort of deal Feaster was talking about with helping other teams out of bad contracts in order to gain assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad