Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
What would you guys think about

Hudler + Sven + for Etem + Smith-Pelly

Not really sure on the value but I think Etem and Smith-Pelly are guys we go after.
smith pelly is a potential 3rd liner, pretty much ferland, so hudler is worth more. etem and baertschi are close but id keep baertschi.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Some guys I would inquire about in regards to a Sven trade:

Jacob Trouba
Ryan Murray
Griffin Reinhart
Brandon Gormley
Nathan Beaulieu
Darnell Nurse
Derrick Pouliot
Matthew Dumba
Rasmus Ristolainen
Simon Despres
Jon Merrill
Tyler Myers
Luca Sbisa
Adam Larsson

I am not saying these would be straight up trades, just guys I would inquire about.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What would you guys think about

Hudler + Sven + for Etem + Smith-Pelly

Not really sure on the value but I think Etem and Smith-Pelly are guys we go after.
Doesn't really help Anaheim. Winger is the last place we need to strengthen right now, and adding Hudler would put us at 10 or 11 wingers on 1 way contracts on our NHL club I believe.

And even someone who's on a 2 way (Silfverberg) isn't going to be sent down.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Some guys I would inquire about in regards to a Sven trade:

Jacob Trouba
Ryan Murray
Griffin Reinhart
Brandon Gormley
Nathan Beaulieu
Darnell Nurse
Derrick Pouliot
Matthew Dumba
Rasmus Ristolainen
Simon Despres
Jon Merrill
Tyler Myers
Luca Sbisa
Adam Larsson

I am not saying these would be straight up trades, just guys I would inquire about.

Would not target the bolded players. Gormley has regressed this season and honestly doesn't look that impressive in the AHL, just ask some Yotes fans what they think of him so far.

As a NJ fan I can tell you two things about Merrill that most Devils fans wont admit: 1) He has an awful attitude, not a guy I would hope to build around. 2) His upside is greatly overstated, he is comparable to a Brodie type guy, where he could be a top pairing but will more likely settle in as a #3.

Sbisa has regressed the last two seasons and has been downright useless at times for the Ducks.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
There is an rumor placing Matt Martin in Calgary. We need defenders, what can you offer?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Who's daughter is engaged to who?

Strange. After asking that, I felt like the trade rumour thread became more soap opera.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Flames are not making a trade for awhile. They are in their trade freeze. Don't really see any truth to a rumour right now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Who's daughter is engaged to who?

Strange. After asking that, I felt like the trade rumour thread became more soap opera.

I had a guy two or three years before Iginla got traded message me on facebook (I was occasionally active on the Flames facebook page) that the Flames were going to deal Iginla within the month and he knew because his cousin was married to Mark Giordano. :facepalm:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
What's the point of the trade freeze? To prevent a player from being "let go" just before Christmas?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I had a guy two or three years before Iginla got traded message me on facebook (I was occasionally active on the Flames facebook page) that the Flames were going to deal Iginla within the month and he knew because his cousin was married to Mark Giordano. :facepalm:

:laugh: That's pretty funny. Compared to Eklund though, that makes you a hockey insider

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I guess to prevent them having to move and worry about living arrangements during their holidays.

More about a players family. If parents are flying in from a distance you can't switch flights easily and it's expensive to be moving around. Burke specifically stated it was about a players family yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad