Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: If Someone From the Core Gets Dealt Who Should it Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Holy Batman over payment. Oilers and Boston are not trading with each other. Chara isn't as good as he used to be so enough of the Chara trade talk garbage.

Chara 3 points in 3 games playing the most minutes of any Boston d-man at 23:56. He might not be the talent he was a few years ago, but he's still a damn good NHL d-man that can play top pairing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Even an 'over the hill' Chara is the Oiler's best D-man, and he adds size, toughness and much-needed experience.

I've always thought the Oil needed a Brian Campbell or Dan Boyle type veteran mentor to help Schultz, Nurse and/or Reinhart. The only one they've been able to acquire has been Ference, and he has never been a no. 1 anywhere in his career.

The only downside is his contract, but Nurse and Reinhart will be on cheap deals for a few years yet, Ference can be bought out, and Fayne could be moved.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Even an 'over the hill' Chara is the Oiler's best D-man, and he adds size, toughness and much-needed experience.

I've always thought the Oil needed a Brian Campbell or Dan Boyle type veteran mentor to help Schultz, Nurse and/or Reinhart. The only one they've been able to acquire has been Ference, and he has never been a no. 1 anywhere in his career.

The only downside is his contract, but Nurse and Reinhart will be on cheap deals for a few years yet, Ference can be bought out, and Fayne could be moved.
Chara's contract really isn't that bad. The last year is only cap hit of 4mil. If he's playing 22+ a minutes a night is 6.9mil really that bad for this year and next?

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Chara's contract really isn't that bad. The last year is only cap hit of 4mil. If he's playing 22+ a minutes a night is 6.9mil really that bad for this year and next?

2 more years after this one, I thought? But yeah, the team really only needs the cap space when McDavid's ELC is up, which would be at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad