Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: If Someone From the Core Gets Dealt Who Should it Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

You're not going to get what you think if he's playing poorly. As in straight up I think Nashville will say no to Hall for Seth Jones. They will want RNH.
That's why we don't let him play poorly...we move him before he gets the chance...

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That's why we don't let him play poorly...we move him before he gets the chance...

Well that would be ... now? Even now his trade value is massively lower than it would have been a year ago because of last season. I think RNH is more likely to get moved eventually honestly.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Well that would be ... now? Even now his trade value is massively lower than it would have been a year ago because of last season. I think RNH is more likely to get moved eventually honestly.

if you're convinced that the makeup is wrong than its better to be "proactive" .... as they say....

but yeah I assume chia doesn't do much until December.....but I guess it depends what the "real" options are.

(I'm not sure what these words have to do with your post)

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think gms can look past one season due to injury. After he came back he was great playing with ahlers. He is a valued commodity in the league and moving him is our best chance at getting something of value. We could sit and hope people get better but we have done that for 9 years.

Yup. If you keep sitting on all these players with duplicate skill sets usually only 1 or 2 have actual success. Then you want to keep the guy doing well and can't/wont trade the other player because he is undervalued. Prime examples being Hemsky and Gagner. Hemsky was kept because MacT thought he was worth more than other teams were offering. So what did he do? He kept him even though the team had Eberle and Yakupov who play the same position and the same offense first traits, and ended up getting even less at the deadline for someone who was once far and away our best player. Gagner's value was driven so low in the same fashion that we had to take a useless player in Purcell back for him. At the time MacT was happy we added a player with Purcell's size. Too bad he plays even smaller than Sam.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Hall-RNH-Eberle all survive this season no matter what. Yakupov will go if he doesn't get it together. That's still my gut feeling.

For what it's worth too I thought Hall was our best forward last game.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Not that I think it's a good idea to trade RNH or Hall, but we have two first line centres and Draisaitl coming up and we're trading Hall, not RNH? I don't get it. Anyways we have a lot of high end prospects and a first rounder and Yakupov and Schultz if we want to make a panic move after two games....

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not that I think it's a good idea to trade RNH or Hall, but we have two first line centres and Draisaitl coming up and we're trading Hall, not RNH? I don't get it. Anyways we have a lot of high end prospects and a first rounder and Yakupov and Schultz if we want to make a panic move after two games....

Yeah that's the other problem with dealing Hall or Eberle ... we don't have a good replacement in our system for either one.

RNH is more expendable in that sense as we have Leon coming on up.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yeah that's the other problem with dealing Hall or Eberle ... we don't have a good replacement in our system for either one.

Why would we be replacing them with a young player in our system anyways? The whole point of trading them away would be to get more complete, experienced players for them.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

If we deal RNH we need a veteran C coming back...We can't rely on McDavid and Drai as our top two C's next year, that's way too much pressure. The thing with dealing Hall is that we want a gritty two-way winger back that would be Hall's replacement. He's not going to get as many points as Hall but he's going to help the other guys (McDavid-Yak, RNH-Ebs or whatever the combos will be) get points by digging pucks out of the corners and driving to the net. That's kinda the whole point.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Trading RNH is crazy talk IMO. Did we trade Messier because we had Gretzky? Did Colorado trade Forsberg because they had Sakic? Did Detroit deal Fedorov because they had Yzerman? Did Pitt deal Malkin because of Sid? There are no guarantees that Leon will ever = let alone surpass RNH. Leon can also play on the wing so we are not forced into keeping him on the 3rd line. IMO we need players with high hockey IQ's, that includes McDavid, RNH, Draisaitl, Eberle (in the O zone anyway) and doesn't include Hall or Yakupov.

So here's how I see it, we should build around McDavid, RNH and Draisaitl up front. Eberle meshes with any of them IMO and is our best option on the LW boards on the PP, Yak is a one shot scorer so in theory he SHOULD mesh with at least one of them, same can be said of Slepy. That leaves us with Hall, does he mesh with any of them? Is he going to be happy with playing on the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit if he doesn't return to his previous form or at the very least gels well with one of McDavid or RNH?

Hall is a guy that can carry a line and seems to think that he has to do it regardless of who his linemates are. Because of this IMO he doesn't get the best out of his or his linemates abilities. Because of this I'd say play him (our modern day Hemsky) with Lander (our modern day Horcoff). Lander doesn't generate much offense on his own but he can be a good support player. If he's cool with this role IMO he'd be a very valuable player for us.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
what about patrick "I think I can still skate?" marleau?

plays the wing and can take a faceoff. Then again....if Martin Jones is worth a 1st round pick then I cannot fathom how much Marleau is worth.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Hall is a guy that can carry a line and seems to think that he has to do it regardless of who his linemates are. Because of this IMO he doesn't get the best out of his or his linemates abilities. Because of this I'd say play him (our modern day Hemsky) with Lander (our modern day Horcoff). Lander doesn't generate much offense on his own but he can be a good support player. If he's cool with this role IMO he'd be a very valuable player for us.

Agree. If we keep Hall I'd like to see him with Lander. That way we'd actually have three real balanced lines with a driver on each line. When Eberle comes back:

Poo-Nuge-Ebs
Hall-Lander-Purcell
Slepyshev-McDavid-Yak

That would be some interesting combos I think. McDavid would play with two trigger men one either side and if Yak can play his energy-game and be relentless on the forecheck I think him and Sleps could turn a lot of pucks over. I think it's the best lines we can make with what we have right now anyway.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You don't really have to trade any of the core as they are all on good contracts. Plus you have 10+ million in Nikitin, Purcell, and Scrivens coming off the books I believe.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
I think Hall-RNH-Eberle all survive this season no matter what. Yakupov will go if he doesn't get it together. That's still my gut feeling.

For what it's worth too I thought Hall was our best forward last game.

Yakopov will get it. He should play with McDavid in the first line. Lander can be left winger and take crucial face offs.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yakopov will get it. He should play with McDavid in the first line. Lander can be left winger and take crucial face offs.

We owe it to ourselves to see what Yak can do with a playmaking center before casting him off. Last night he had a couple of good looks with McDavid, unfortunately they were both blocked but the passer/shooter chemistry looked like it was on full display.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
We owe it to ourselves to see what Yak can do with a playmaking center before casting him off. Last night he had a couple of good looks with McDavid, unfortunately they were both blocked but the passer/shooter chemistry looked like it was on full display.

That was really nice to see. The downside is it is a very small sample size. It was also against what many deem the best defence in the league.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
I am leaning towards Hall. Hall has enough trading value to actually get us player(s) that it makes a difference. Cant trade RNH yet. And Eberle seem to have more chemistry with teammates on ice than Hall. Yakupov probably doenst carry much value at this point = Dont sell low.

Hall + Fayne + 2016 2nd rd pick(or 2017 1st rd pick) for Colin Wilson + Seth Jones

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That was really nice to see. The downside is it is a very small sample size. It was also against what many deem the best defence in the league.

Oh no doubt, however until/if Yak gets that opportunity it's all that we have to go on. I like the idea of having a board work guy/net front presence and a sniper playing with McDavid. If Slepy can be all of the above then he maybe the best linemate for McDavid that we can give him from within our org long term.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I am leaning towards Hall. Hall has enough trading value to actually get us player(s) that it makes a difference. Cant trade RNH yet. And Eberle seem to have more chemistry with teammates on ice than Hall. Yakupov probably doenst carry much value at this point = Dont sell low.

Hall + Fayne + 2016 2nd rd pick(or 2017 1st rd pick) for Colin Wilson + Seth Jones

I'd rather trade him to the east so we can take the full blowback on the jaw in game 7 of the scf.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don't think there's any scenario where Yakupov doesn't get traded for defense.

There's a very easy scenario where he doesn't-if the apparent chemistry that was there between him and McDavid continues to grow. I know it was only a couple periods but Yak seemed to have the most natural chemistry with McDavid out of all the forwards they've tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad