Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: If Someone From the Core Gets Dealt Who Should it Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
That and Gryba is doing 90% for us already of what Buff can bring. Im really impressed with him so far! The trades we made for lesser lights are the ones that are the most beneficial for us, that is true in all sports and on good teams. Rarely do the big splash trades turn out as good as expected.

Lol Gryba's been good for us, but no way. Not even close. Gryba can't skate like Buff can, he can't pass like Buff can, and his shot isn't even close to Buff's cannon. He doesn't assert himself like Buff does and while he's physical, he definitely doesn't manhandle the opposition in their own zone like Buff does. We'd be lucky to have Buff on this team in his current form.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
That and Gryba is doing 90% for us already of what Buff can bring. Im really impressed with him so far! The trades we made for lesser lights are the ones that are the most beneficial for us, that is true in all sports and on good teams. Rarely do the big splash trades turn out as good as expected.

We could use more people who play like Buff

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Lol Gryba's been good for us, but no way. Not even close. Gryba can't skate like Buff can, he can't pass like Buff can, and his shot isn't even close to Buff's cannon. He doesn't assert himself like Buff does and while he's physical, he definitely doesn't manhandle the opposition in their own zone like Buff does. We'd be lucky to have Buff on this team in his current form.

I agree. Byfuglien on this team would be a god send. Huge RH shot for the PP, physical, good skater when he wants to be.

Sekera - Byfuglien
Klefbom - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Nurse

:nod:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I agree. Byfuglien on this team would be a god send. Huge RH shot for the PP, physical, good skater when he wants to be.

Sekera - Byfuglien
Klefbom - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Nurse

:nod:

Yeah I like that a lot more than what we have right now. I'd be okay with a move like the Isles did with Boychuk to get him here at the deadline with the intent to sign him long term.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Columbus has what we want. Problem is, we can't afford to give up a defenceman. Doubt they'd want any of ours anyway.

If we had the ability to make two trades...

With St. Louis:

Shattenkirk
Lehtera

for

RNH
Fayne

Then with Columbus

Hartnell
Dubinsky
Johnson

Hall
Schultz
Klefbom

Dubinsky-McDavid-Yakupov
Hartnell-Lehtera-Eberle
Pouliot-Lander-Korpikoski
Hendricks-Letestu-Klinkhammer
Purcell

Sekera-Johnson
Nurse-Shattenkirk
Reinhart-Gryba
Ference

Nurse has a great D finally to play with and mentor him. Johnson replaces Schultz and Nurse replaces Klefbom. Columbus get two good D in Klefbom and Schultz and get one of the best LW in the game for two of their gritty, skilled LW's.

We have a way better D core and a much gritter, playoff ready forward group. Dubinsky and Hartnell are both players we desperately need and big improvements on Pouliot.

Our C depth is still deep. Lehtera looks amazing last year and this year, and Draisaitl is waiting in the wings.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
You don't give up the farm or a first round pick for a player that will walk at the end of the season.

Byfuglien has a no trade clause. Please explain why you think he would not sign an extension after waiving to be dealt here in the first place.

Also send Chicago a memo that trading their 1st for a rental last year was a bad idea. I know the Oilers are in a different situation than the Hawks but 1st round picks get traded for rentals every year. Hopefully the Oilers will be in a position soon where they an trade a 1st with full confidence it will fall between 20-30 in the 1st round.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Give them back Nikitin. :laugh:

Dubinsky would be ideal but probably not very likely they let him go. Put him with McDavid and Yak and he can help out with faceoffs and be the defensive conscience on that line. Reunite Pou, RNH, and Ebs and have another line featuring Hall and Lander. How could other teams even match up against a top 9 like that?

Something around Fayne and Hartnell might be more realistic.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Drai for strome?
Probably try to get an add.
Just to make mcd happy.

12116008_941950062556416_6121368878602295368_n.jpg

I think he's pretty happy already :sarcasm:

BigBush*

I'm one of Grybas biggest fan but no way does he bring to the table what Buff does. Edmonton could really use a legitimate scoring threat from the blueline

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We need cheaper guys. Moving out the Purcells, Nikitins and Ferences and replacing them with role players on value contracts is how we'll be able to toe the line of the salary cap with our top 6 talent.

Going out and acquiring a guy like Dubinsky pushes Pouliot into a third line role. And $4m for a third line LW is unacceptable when our defense is still lacking a guy who should arguably command around $6m.

It's been said before, but we need to win a trade.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Just like 99% of trade ideas, completely unreasonable

maybe before the weekend it wouldve been fair. That 1st round pick of ours was solid gold. Even now it should be a very attractive trade chip.

And for some ideas to bash...

Fayne+ Ference + 1st for Chara

Chara-Sekera would make Sekera the happiest Oiler, give Oilers a legit top pairing and a veteran to guide the youngsters. A healthy Chara instantly makes Edmonton a fringe playoffs team.

Phaneuf is another option ... Offer the same package with TOR retaining 1.5M\yr.

Byfuglien would be ideal but WPG would be looking for Draisaitl in return.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
maybe before the weekend it wouldve been fair. That 1st round pick of ours was solid gold. Even now it should be a very attractive trade chip.

And for some ideas to bash...

Fayne+ Ference + 1st for Chara

Chara-Sekera would make Sekera the happiest Oiler, give Oilers a legit top pairing and a veteran to guide the youngsters. A healthy Chara instantly makes Edmonton a fringe playoffs team.

Phaneuf is another option ... Offer the same package with TOR retaining 1.5M\yr.

Byfuglien would be ideal but WPG would be looking for Draisaitl in return.

that's true.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003

We would but at what price? Also we need to find the right solution so we dont have these conversations every year!

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I've been thinking.
If Yakupov isn't the long term solution with McDavid, I think I know who would be:

Simon Gagne.

Obviously that isn't going to happen. But who is the new Simon Gagne? Pure shooter. Decent in their own end. Good foot speed. Any thoughts on who that would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad