Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: If Someone From the Core Gets Dealt Who Should it Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
maybe before the weekend it wouldve been fair. That 1st round pick of ours was solid gold. Even now it should be a very attractive trade chip.

And for some ideas to bash...

Fayne+ Ference + 1st for Chara

Chara-Sekera would make Sekera the happiest Oiler, give Oilers a legit top pairing and a veteran to guide the youngsters. A healthy Chara instantly makes Edmonton a fringe playoffs team.

Phaneuf is another option ... Offer the same package with TOR retaining 1.5M\yr.

Byfuglien would be ideal but WPG would be looking for Draisaitl in return.
Holy Batman over payment. Oilers and Boston are not trading with each other. Chara isn't as good as he used to be so enough of the Chara trade talk garbage.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Holy Batman over payment. Oilers and Boston are not trading with each other. Chara isn't as good as he used to be so enough of the Chara trade talk garbage.

I would love Chara. Let's try and get Marchand too while we're at it.

Yes, I've heard he's a "cheap shot artist".

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Suddenly, we are Habs fans making trade proposals:sarcasm:

18600108.jpg

Hahahaha. I haven't seen that in so long. Memories.

RYDER HALAK AND 2ND FOR *INSERT FIRST LINE CENTER HERE*

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
If Ference were to retire next off season, do we still get stuck with the cap hit?
How does the age factor in?

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I can't help but feel like the Blue Jackets are gonna go the route of coaching change before they go trade.

I wonder if they wait on Anaheim. See if they fire Bodreau (sp?) and snatch him up to replace Richards.

He may not win in the playoffs, but the guy gets the most out of his teams. Especially his forwards. He's also shown he's pretty good at handling young talent.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Dubinsky would be ideal but probably not very likely they let him go. Put him with McDavid and Yak and he can help out with faceoffs and be the defensive conscience on that line. Reunite Pou, RNH, and Ebs and have another line featuring Hall and Lander. How could other teams even match up against a top 9 like that?

Something around Fayne and Hartnell might be more realistic.

Pouliot is already the defensive conscience for the McDavid + Yak line, I like Dubinsky as a player a lot, but I don't see the fit he won't be a top 6 center with Nuge and McDavid here and we can't be allocating anymore capspace to the wing position. Given what Pouliot and Hall make I don't want to be bumping either one out of our top 6. If we were to make a pitch for Dubinsky I'd want Pouliot going the other way as part of the package so the $$ make more sense.

Hartnell isn't going to hold up his current level of play through the entire duration of his contract, he'd be great for us now, but at the end of that we will be overpaying him by a ton in all likelihood and again we are spending too much on the wing as is.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
How old is Hartnell now? He'd be just what the Dr. ordered if he still has some gas in the tank.

I'd say he still has some good hockey left in him. Last year he put up great numbers 5vs5 where the oilers need help the most. Hartnell has 38 even strength points, .94 goals per 60, and 2.11 points per 60. Those numbers on the Oilers would have ranked 2nd, 3rd, and 1st respectively.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Pouliot is already the defensive conscience for the McDavid + Yak line, I like Dubinsky as a player a lot, but I don't see the fit he won't be a top 6 center with Nuge and McDavid here and we can't be allocating anymore capspace to the wing position. Given what Pouliot and Hall make I don't want to be bumping either one out of our top 6. If we were to make a pitch for Dubinsky I'd want Pouliot going the other way as part of the package so the $$ make more sense.

Hartnell isn't going to hold up his current level of play through the entire duration of his contract, he'd be great for us now, but at the end of that we will be overpaying him by a ton in all likelihood and again we are spending too much on the wing as is.

Yikes!! 33 years old and 3 more years left after this one. That presents a McProblem. I thought he only had a few years left. Stupid Flyers and their long term contracts.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Just throwing these out there.

M.Fayne
2nd (16)
1st (17) Conditional (Becomes 2nd if Byfuglien walks)
For
D.Byfuglien

T.Purcell
G.Chase
2nd (17)
For
J.Iginla

T.Purcell
2nd (16)
For
P.Berglund

Just shooting the shit. Thoughts?

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com

M.Fayne
2nd (16)
For
D.Byfuglien

T.Purcell
G.Chase
2nd (17)
For
J.Iginla

T.Purcell
2nd (16)
For
P.Berglund

Holy Batman over payment. Iginla while good is close to 40 and Byfuglin will walk at the end of seaason. You don't throw away draft picks for a player that will walk at end of season.

Last edited:

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Holy Batman over payment. The last won't ever happen because Edmonton and Boston aren't trading with each other for a very long time. Iginla while good is close to 40 and Byfuglin will walk at the end of seaason. You don't throw away draft picks for a player that will walk at end of season.

Why do you think he will walk?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

M.Fayne
2nd (16)
For
D.Byfuglien

T.Purcell
G.Chase
2nd (17)
For
J.Iginla

T.Purcell
2nd (16)
For
P.Berglund

Blues one is a bit odd, just because I'm not a huge Berglund fan and I don't see the Blues wanting Purcell at all.

I'd heavily consider the Iginla one. We could really use a good veteran scorer at RW like Iggy. Probably looking moreso at a free agent addition next summer rather than trade.

Byfuglien one is quite risky, because I think he'll walk for sure. Just don't see him staying in Canada.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Holy Batman over payment. Iginla while good is close to 40 and Byfuglin will walk at the end of seaason. You don't throw away draft picks for a player that will walk at end of season.

That's actually exactly what teams give up for players who will walk. See any trade deadline ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad