Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: 3C and 2nd Pairing RHD Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Dale Cooper

May 19, 2017
Proposal : Eberle , and 2017 1st to Nyi for Hamonic, and Casey Cizikas. In addition bring back Hemsky for a year. He looked good when he came back from injury late in the season. He can still wheel

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Proposal : Eberle , and 2017 1st to Nyi for Hamonic, and Casey Cizikas. In addition bring back Hemsky for a year. He looked good when he came back from injury late in the season. He can still wheel

I don't think it gets done. If Chia could've gotten Hamonic for Eberle he would have done it ages ago.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
I think Philly says no.

Why? Philly boards were calling for Couts' head not too long ago.. i'm sure they're okay with it, considering their prospect pool at C is nuts. You got guys like Vecchione coming up, and rookies like Weal and Konecny.. they won't need him.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
No reason not to play hard ball with Russell. He thought he was going to get paid last summer too, and then didn't even have a contract come training camp.

I don't see teams lining up to sign him for 4 years at 4+ million. If someone does, I am definitely happy for him and he earned it. But I wouldn't give it to him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why? Philly boards were calling for Couts' head not too long ago.. i'm sure they're okay with it, considering their prospect pool at C is nuts. You got guys like Vecchione coming up, and rookies like Weal and Konecny.. they won't need him.

I just don't see it, centers are more valuable than wingers, and Philly scores quite a bit as is. They need a freaking goalie.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No reason not to play hard ball with Russell. He thought he was going to get paid last summer too, and then didn't even have a contract come training camp.

I don't see teams lining up to sign him for 4 years at 4+ million. If someone does, I am definitely happy for him and he earned it. But I wouldn't give it to him.

I think Calgary is going to bite, lol. Oh well, they probably will also have buyer's remorse in a season or two.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
I think Calgary is going to bite, lol. Oh well, they probably will also have buyer's remorse in a season or two.

If we sign him, i'm sure we'll end up with the buyers remorse too lol.

I'm okay with him walking.. this year, he was definitely a huge reason for our success whether we want to admit it or not, but with him gone it allows PC to address the 2RHD situation, and with Rejjie gone for 1/2 season (hopefully only that) he's definitely going to have to.

Not only for the benefit of this season, but for the future as well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We need to just get Mike Green I think. We need the point shot anyhow and he is a good puck mover.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Russell can go to free agency for all I care, he's not that good.

That's true but we'll need to bring other players on the d-corps if he's gone. We could be looking at

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Benning
Oesterle (?) Fayne

As our d-pairings if the season were to start tomorrow and Vegas takes Reinhart.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Teams last year were probably on the fence about signing him for big $. Toronto offered him major $ but other teams seemed wait and see. Now he kind of "legitimised" himself with the Oilers. So that could put a team that was iffy on signing him into the yes category

TBH Calgary is a better fit for him. They have 3 puck movers in top 4 that can move puck really well. Oilers have 1 (Klefbom) and 2 that are just ok at it. We need to replace Russell to get a puck mover, but Calgary already has that, they need a calming presence which Russell is

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
That's true but we'll need to bring other players on the d-corps if he's gone. We could be looking at

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Benning
Oesterle (?) Fayne

As our d-pairings if the season were to start tomorrow and Vegas takes Reinhart.

Hoping that Chia knows that that is NOT a wining D-corps.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Benning
Oesterle (?) Fayne

Osterle is a pretty good puckmover whos had brief success in NHL and pretty good success in AHL and pretty much ready to make the jump. We shouldnt be sleeping on him for that bottom pairing spot

Edit: Nvm you have him there, swear that was just a (?) before. But Osterle is a dark horse, I really think hell stick in NHL next year, hell Vegas might even take him

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Osterle is a pretty good puckmover whos had brief success in NHL and pretty good success in AHL and pretty much ready to make the jump. We shouldnt be sleeping on him for that bottom pairing spot

That's fine and all but I'd rather not get caught relying on him.

Ebs is basically a goner for a D return at this point.

Who knows anyway if Mike Green has a good season here maybe we extend him for a couple of years, it would be more easy to manage since he's a little older and isn't going to ask for like a 6 year contract.

I'll miss Russ but we have to be careful about the term we're handing out in terms of contracts.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
That's fine and all but I'd rather not get caught relying on him.

Ebs is basically a goner for a D return at this point.

Who knows anyway if Mike Green has a good season here maybe we extend him for a couple of years, it would be more easy to manage since he's a little older and isn't going to ask for like a 6 year contract.

I'll miss Russ but we have to be careful about the term we're handing out in terms of contracts.

Yeah we can go crazy with 1 or even 2 year deals, but anything long we have to be reaallly careful. Thats why Green is ideal

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah we can go crazy with 1 or even 2 year deals, but anything long we have to be reaallly careful. Thats why Green is ideal

Yup any contract we take on from now that has term over 2 years is going to have be a player that you really, really, reaaaaaalllly think is indispensable to the core.

You can't just trade for someone with 3/4/5 years left on the basis of "yah, but he fills a need this year".

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
We can afford and really need a big RHS 3C up to about $4.5 million if we trade RNH

We can afford and really need a big RHD up to about $4.5 million if we trade Eberle.

Trading the Austins this year or next allows us to fill more important holes. Trading Fayne while keeping salary is fine this year and do the same if necessary with Pouliot next year. 3C and 2RD are critical holes that we need filled to improve although a one year solution like Green can push it off for a year and allow us to see how Nurse-Benning develop. It's is an OK move if the cost is not too dear.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Itd be awesome to get Hanzal at a UFA for a really reasonable deal. He and Green would solve all the issues. Too bad hell be asking for big term

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eberle for Green, if Green is really good then use Fayne's expiring money to re-up Green to a 2 year deal or so.

Don't worry about the face off thing. It's only a big deal in a 7 game series, and we can address that at a later time. McDavid and Draisaitl may improve on that next year if not we made the playoffs easily without it last year anyway. But we definitely need another top 4 D going into the season.

Going into the season with

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Benning
Oesterle Fayne

Is asking for trouble.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Eberle for Green, if Green is really good then use Fayne's expiring money to re-up Green to a 2 year deal or so.

Don't worry about the face off thing. It's only a big deal in a 7 game series, and we can address that at a later time. McDavid and Draisaitl may improve on that next year if not we made the playoffs easily without it last year anyway. But we definitely need another top 4 D going into the season.

Going into the season with

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Benning
Oesterle Fayne

Is not a good look.

Not sure why we want to jet send Eberle next year when cap isnt an issue. Thats 20-25 goals gone on a team that doesnt really have great secondary scoring. Plus Detroit wants pick for a rebuild, not Eberle

1st for Green and go into next season stocked to teeth with NHL players (and be at the cap). Then trade Ebs next year

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not sure why we want to jet send Eberle next year when cap isnt an issue. Thats 20-25 goals gone on a team that doesnt really have great secondary scoring. Plus Detroit wants pick for a rebuild, not Eberle

1st for Green and go into next season stocked to teeth with NHL players (and be at the cap). Then trade Ebs next year

I'd rather keep the 1st honestly and have some cap flexibility next summer.

Realistically what are we going to get for Eberle ... a 1st at best, quite possibly a 2nd, a year from now.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Eberle to Philly 1 for 1 for Couts-

Philly needs scoring wingers, at least thats what I'm getting out of it. Really impressed with Couts' IIHF performance too.

Win win deal?

Philly hangs up the phone. Maybe if we add our 1st round pick and Reinhart? I'd do it from an Oilers perspective.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'd rather keep the 1st honestly and have some cap flexibility next summer.

Realistically what are we going to get for Eberle ... a 1st at best, quite possibly a 2nd, a year from now.

Those 20 goals are really tough to replace, and 20 goals is on the low end in a career bad year. I can see him getting over 25 goals. We need goals more than anything, more than cap space or prospects or the relief of seeing him gone.

I mean you can find 20-25 goals from players in UFA or maybe a trade but you have to either offer bigger deals with term, or trade assets to get them. Ebs can be making 8.5 mil next year for all I care, cap hit isnt costing us anything and hes producing. Ill be calling for him to be dealt next year when cap hit does impact us tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad