Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: 3C and 2nd Pairing RHD Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not in a million years.

If Draisaitl is going anywhere it's for a very very good defenseman.

There's only honestly 3-4 players factoring in age + contract I would trade Draisaitl for.

Karlsson
Hedman
Matthews
Laine (maaaaaybe)

That's basically it. Not even joking. I would say no if the Penguins offered Crosby tomorrow, not because Sid isn't a better player (for now) but he's 30 this year with concussion problems, it's a trade you can't make.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He doesn't deserve o-zone starts. He makes McDavid worse and he doesn't play well with Draisaitl, that defaults him to RNH, and RNH is guess which line.

Ya that's horse***. Maroon went dry with McDavid also for a long stretch. Only difference is Ebs can produce in a secondary role while demoting Maroon would cut his production in half

Last I checked Ebs popped up a ton of points before McD and Drai ever played in the NHL. The small sample sizes people use to judge these players to sum up their careers is ridiculous

Saying he'll never producer again with these C's is such a homer argument. RNH and Ebs aren't the Sedins. Ebs produced with several C's

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Coots is a good defensive center yes. Hes scoring at the exact same rate as Eberle (1.76) ironically in one of Eberles biggest down years. But thats still solid as hes meant for defense first

I like Coots dont get me wrong, but we could get Hanzal for the same price (AAV and term) as a UFA, so no assets given up. Hanzal produces at nearly the same rates and similar defensive player

Coots is an ideal 3c but at 4.3 till 2022 he costs a good chunk of change, plus lots of assets to give up to even get him. Hanzal would be a better option to me

Hanzal and Couturier are comparable. But Courutier is much younger, which maybe I value more than you.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I just don't see some magical turn around with Eberle. You can't play him with McDavid. He sucks there.

He had about a 60 point pace the year before and he wasn't returning a Hamonic or Larsson that summer, so why do we think he's magically going to return this monstrous package just because he scores a few more points this year?

Even if he does, his value won't be that great next summer because he'll have one year left on his contract and is effectively a rental.

I move him for Mike Green this summer. I don't want to be handcuffed into giving Russell a 3-year deal because no one else was available.

I think there is fair reason to be skeptical of a turn around for either of Eberle or RNH for that matter as they aren't getting some of the premium minutes they used to get.

Though I think the McDavid being dragged down by Eberle rhetoric is a little overboard.

5 on 5 (2015-2017)
McDavid /w Eberle 3.36 GF60, 2.50 GA60, GF%=57.3, CF%= 53.0
McDavid w/o Eberle 3.55 GF60, 2.52 GA60, GF%= 58.5, CF%= 52.0

He scores a bit more without Eberle and his GF% is slightly better and his corsi is slightly worse, those numbers are close enough that it's possible they go on a mini-hot streak together and they'd be basically dead even.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
i think there is fair reason to be skeptical of a turn around for either of eberle or rnh for that matter as they aren't getting some of the premium minutes they used to get.

Though i think the mcdavid being dragged down by eberle rhetoric is a little overboard.

5 on 5 (2015-2017)
mcdavid /w eberle 3.36 gf60, 2.50 ga60, gf%=57.3, cf%= 53.0
mcdavid w/o eberle 3.55 gf60, 2.52 ga60, gf%= 58.5, cf%= 52.0

he scores a bit more without eberle and his gf% is slightly better and his corsi is slightly worse, those numbers are close enough that it's possible they go on a mini-hot streak together and they'd be basically dead even.

100%

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hi guys,

I know LD is close to untouchable but I'm still curious if you'd be open to :

:habs

Leon Draisaitl
Jordan Eberle

:edmonton

Max Pacioretty
Mikhail Sergachev
Andrew Shaw
1st 2017

It's not the worst deal I've ever seen but it's not going to get it done. True #1C's are one of the hardest things in the league to get, right up there with true #1 defencemen.

Edmonton shouldn't be in the business of making any trades at all that make them a worse team today in the name of futures.

The Oilers have a Cup window that is just starting to crack open. This trade would slam it right back shut again and we'd be stuck waiting to see what Sergachev became.

Take that package to Colorado and pry Duchene away. You need to find a team that wants to sell of pieces and rebuild - the Avalanche are that team. The Oilers aren't anymore.

Like Soundwave, with ages and contracts taken into consideration there are only a handful of players I'd trade Drai for, and none of them play for Montreal.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I like how people come up with such mind-boggling conclusions (Ebs drags McDavid down) without actually checking the stats for it. Sometimes 'eye-tests' miss a whole lot that stats cover for, especially long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad