Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Blues 1st in this draft is like a 2nd round pick in a weak draft. Greening negates value in the package.

It's like Halak, Ryder, 2nd, and Negative Value for Ryan Miller.

Try again my son.

You realize Miller is turning 34 in a few months, is an upcoming UFA and doesn't exactly have much of a market? Its not like he's 28 and signed for another 5 seasons.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
You realize Miller is turning 34 in a few months, is an upcoming UFA and doesn't exactly have much of a market? Its not like he's 28 and signed for another 5 seasons.

That's ******** - there is a market in Washington, St. Louis, NYI, and wherever the Miller rumours are pointing to. Any team that trades for him is doing it for the long-haul (a signed Miller).

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's ******** - there is a market in Washington, St. Louis, NYI, and wherever the Miller rumours are pointing to. Any team that trades for him is doing it for the long-haul (a signed Miller).

I don't think NYI and Miller make a good fit but I don't know much about their goaltending prospects. If they have nothing at all then yes it could be a good fit but I find it hard to believe they have no decent goaltending prospect

Washington is a maybe but that team's problem isn't goaltending

The only team that would REALLY want Miller is St-Louis

I don't forsee Miller netting much of a return for Buffalo

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I don't think NYI and Miller make a good fit but I don't know much about their goaltending prospects. If they have nothing at all then yes it could be a good fit but I find it hard to believe they have no decent goaltending prospect

Washington is a maybe but that team's problem isn't goaltending

The only team that would REALLY want Miller is St-Louis

I don't forsee Miller netting much of a return for Buffalo

In this 3-way fantasy proposal, I call this wishful thinking.

If St. Louis really wants Miller, they will have to pay a price, contingent of him resigning with the team.

Otherwise, both Ted Nolan and Nephew publicly stated that their priority is to get Miller signed with the team. If the Grinch doesn't want to stay, they will find a market for him, and a better return than Halak, Pimple, Negative Value, and a 2nd. IMHO.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
In this 3-way fantasy proposal, I call this wishful thinking.

If St. Louis really wants Miller, they will have to pay a price, contingent of him resigning with the team.

Otherwise, both Ted Nolan and Nephew publicly stated that their priority is to get Miller signed with the team. If the Grinch doesn't want to stay, they will find a market for him, and a better return than Halak, Pimple, Negative Value, and a 2nd. IMHO.

a 1st*

thefatjesus*

im still hoping for a Chris Stewart trade the moment Olympics are over

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Stewart-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibby-Michalek
Greening-Smith-Neil

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
im still hoping for a Chris Stewart trade the moment Olympics are over

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Stewart-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibby-Michalek
Greening-Smith-Neil

Not bad except I'd rather stack the top 6 with experience.

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Spezza-Stewart
Conacher-Zibby-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

No off-shooting wingers either which I believe PMac tries to avoid as much as possible.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Having Stewart AND the rest of that lineup means we've sent away our top prospects in the trade instead of a roster player like Michalek.

That said, I wonder what he would do to the MacArthur - Turris pairing

MacArthur - Turris - Stewart
Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil
Condra

Note: Michalek, DaCosta got Stewart which may be a reach

Berserker*

Bryan Murray should trade fro Chris Stewart, Kyle Clifford and Dustin Byfuglien at the deadline. Acquiring those three would be a vast improvement on our team and would help us for a cup run over the next 2 years.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Bryan Murray should trade fro Chris Stewart, Kyle Clifford and Dustin Byfuglien at the deadline. Acquiring those three would be a vast improvement on our team and would help us for a cup run over the next 2 years.

I'd only acquire Buff for him to be a forward. Ceci's play has made him unneeded on the defense.

TimtheDJ84*

The Blues aren't giving all of that up for a UFA in Miller and Stewart will not just be offloaded for lesser pieces. Buffalo fans assuming Miller will garner some great return are out to lunch.

thefatjesus*

Not bad except I'd rather stack the top 6 with experience.

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Spezza-Stewart
Conacher-Zibby-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

No off-shooting wingers either which I believe PMac tries to avoid as much as possible.

I like these lines, I put Stewart on the LW because he has played their before and it keeps Stone on Spezzas wing which has showed some chemistry. Stewart would also be placed on his off wing to shoot, Spezzas right handed so he can feed him some one timers. But Milo has chemistry with Spezza as well, and I believe Stone would work well with Zibanejad so id assume if we traded for Stewart both combos will be looked at.

The Blues aren't giving all of that up for a UFA in Miller and Stewart will not just be offloaded for lesser pieces. Buffalo fans assuming Miller will garner some great return are out to lunch.

Well I was reading that Stewart may need to be moved this season to give raises to a few RFA's on the Blues Roster (Sabotka, Berglund, and Shwartz) as well as some UFA decisions which will most likely be effected by their cup run this year, those guys include Roy, Morrow, and Colaiacovo. This may mean the Blues would be looking for futures with low cap hits, so a few lesser pieces for Stewart may be the way a trade turns out for them.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

And give up the farm to get them

TimtheDJ84*

I like these lines, I put Stewart on the LW because he has played their before and it keeps Stone on Spezzas wing which has showed some chemistry. Stewart would also be placed on his off wing to shoot, Spezzas right handed so he can feed him some one timers. But Milo has chemistry with Spezza as well, and I believe Stone would work well with Zibanejad so id assume if we traded for Stewart both combos will be looked at.

Well I was reading that Stewart may need to be moved this season to give raises to a few RFA's on the Blues Roster (Sabotka, Berglund, and Shwartz) as well as some UFA decisions which will most likely be effected by their cup run this year, those guys include Roy, Morrow, and Colaiacovo. This may mean the Blues would be looking for futures with low cap hits, so a few lesser pieces for Stewart may be the way a trade turns out for them.
Roy,Cola, one of Halak/Elliott will be gone. Morrow will more than likely be gone, Berglund isn't due for araise. Actually, after the cuts, the Blues will have 12 million plus to sign a top goalie,if they don't run Allen, and a #1 C.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Those three would certainly make Ottawa a lot bigger & tougher team, just don't think BM or more likely EM will let BM make more than one move unfortunately.

Stewart or Stafford?

Both would be great but considering the price Stafford might be cheaper & he might be less problems. Stewart seems to bring some baggage with him as being lazy with an attitude. I would still try to make a deal for Stewart but a deal with Buffalo seems more likely IMO, maybe one deal that got Ottawa both Moulson & Stafford would be interesting.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stewart ryan and byfuglein on the same team?

i think we will see certain sens fans jumping off buildings from the lack of 'intensity'

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stewart ryan and byfuglein on the same team?

i think we will see certain sens fans jumping off buildings from the lack of 'intensity'

Yea, I'd rather be patient and sign hard-working players who will give their best every shift.

Look at Anaheim, less skill + more hustle = better more consistent results. I'm not saying to disregard skill completely... just do not try to lean on it always for primary results.

I want to go after Matt Cullen or someone of his like. Possibly try to get Colin Wilson for Wiercioch+?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Wow...who are you giving up for those 3 players.....and it isn't going to be anyone with a NTC.

Berserker*

Wow...who are you giving up for those 3 players.....and it isn't going to be anyone with a NTC.

:jets
Dustin Byfuglien

:sens
Patrick Wiercioch
Milan Michalek
2014 3rd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:blues
Chris Stewart

Mike Hoffman or Stephane Da Costa or Andre Pettersson
Derek Grant
Erick Condra
2015 2nd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:kings2
Kyle Clifford

Cory Conacher

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I want to go after Matt Cullen or someone of his like. Possibly try to get Colin Wilson for Wiercioch+?

Damn. I have never thought of getting Colin Wilson before. He would be amazing on the wing with Turris or Spezza. Yea he will never live up to his draft status, and can only amount to the wing version of Fisher IMO, but that's still a good second line winger.

Fish would have been a wonderful winger as a Colin Greening on crack, but he could never play the wing effectively. I think Wilson has already been permanently moved there, not to mention Nashville is looking to move him.

I don't think they would be interested in Wiercioch though as they got Del Zotto who is a similar, but better player.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

The thing about Miller is his market is based on a lot of factors, as well as who is in or out of the playoffs come the trade deadline.

The only logical sure thing team is St.Louis. Even if they are the only team in the bidding, they don't hold all the cards. This is supposed to be St.Louis' year. If they refused to bring in Ryan Miller at the trade deadline due to haggling, and then end up losing in the playoffs due to a lack of elite goaltending, they will end up facing immense scrutiny.

If Buffalo refuses to move Miller, they'll also face the same thing, but under a much less heavy context. "You let Miller walk without getting us a late first round pick in a bad draft" is a lot less damning than "Your hubris cost us a Stanley Cup".

If everything goes right for Buffalo, they could potentially have three possible teams to move Miller to. St.Louis, Minnesota, and Washington.

Josh Harding has been great, but unfortunately health issues might leave him unable to play, while Kuemper has been good he is still a rookie who has only played 21 games in the NHL to date. Backstrom has not been good.

Capitals are a fringe playoff team with some times shaky goaltending. If they convince themselves that an elite goaltender would make their high scoring team deadly come the playoffs, they are also a possible destination for Ryan Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad