Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
You're saying that a mid-first cannot be used to take a center who projects as a top-six center? Or are you saying something else?
I'm saying that a mid-first cannot be used to trade for a center who is a good top-six center, without adding a lot, unless that center is a rental. Yes, you could draft one, and develop, but that center will not be part of trying to win the cup this year, and the next two seasons.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The Blues are very close. I think it might be time for them to make a couple big moves to shore up their goaltending and 2nd line center. They're cup contenders even without, but it seems like they've got the assets to burn to make it happen?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Blues are very close. I think it might be time for them to make a couple big moves to shore up their goaltending and 2nd line center. They're cup contenders even without, but it seems like they've got the assets to burn to make it happen?

We just don't have anything they would want and/or that we would be willing to part with

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
If a trade goes down for Stewart, I suspect it'll be for prospects that Tim Murray likes, and whom will then be flipped to Buffalo for Miller. It seems like the rare instance where a 3-way trade might make sense.

Last edited:

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
A 3-way could make sense.

:sens
Stewart
Blues 2014 3rd
:blues
Miller
:sabres
Halak
Puempel
Sens 2014 2nd

its odd I look at this and initially think no way were not giving enough up.....but then I look at how the assets turn out.....this works....if I'm any of the gm's in this situation I do this....and it's odd because realisticly speaking Ottawa gets over payed here but....everyone seems to get a great deal here.....very good trade. put it on the main boards.

Also....from personal expeariance 3 ways can quite often be quite enjoyable ;)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Halak is a dump but they also get a look at him. Im sure Buffalo would prefer Halak & Enroth over just Enroth.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A 3-way could make sense.

Stewart
Blues 2014 3rd
Miller
Halak
Puempel
Sens 2014 2nd

I think St Louis gives up way too much (3 assets) & don't get nearly enough back & the Sens don't give up nearly enough. Does Buffalo really need Halak, I don't think so if they are rebuilding. BTW isn't St Louis goaltending not ranked 3rd overall in the league?

To: St Louis: Miller G (St Louis trades Halak & gets a good pick back)
To Ottawa: Stewart RW
To Buffalo: Phillips LD, Puempel LW & Sens 2014 3rd rd pick or Condra RW or Brassard G

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think St Louis gives up way too much (3 assets) & don't get nearly enough back & the Sens don't give up nearly enough. Does Buffalo really need Halak, I don't think so if they are rebuilding. BTW isn't St Louis goaltending not ranked 3rd overall in the league?

To: St Louis: Miller G (St Louis trades Halak & gets a good pick back)
To Ottawa: Stewart RW
To Buffalo: Phillips LD, Puempel LW & Sens 2014 3rd rd pick or Condra RW or Brassard G

Imo Puempel and a 2nd is more than enough for a struggling Stewart. If we give up more, id rather do it for a better asset.

Cant see why Buff would be interested in a UFA Phillips. He has value but only to a contending team.

The Blues' goaltending looks good on paper because they have a good platoon but they dont have a solid number 1 goalie.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I thought that up earlier without too much though. I tried to improve on it.

Stewart

Miller
Sens 2014 2nd

Halak
Greening
Puempel
Blues 2014 1st

Sens: Puempel, Greening, 2014 2nd for Stewart
Blues: Halak, Stewart, 2014 1st For Miller & 2nd
Sabres: Miller for Halak, Greening, Puempel, 1st

Sens get a winger for Spezza while giving up expandable pieces.
Blues get the goalie they need for the playoffs without giving up any crucial pieces. Halak is upgraded and Stewart is replaced with Jaskin.
Sabres get the 1st they want, Murray likes Puempel, and a decent goalie to try out... they cant just roll with Enroth. Oh and Greening.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I thought that up earlier without too much though. I tried to improve on it.

Stewart

Miller
Sens 2014 2nd

Halak
Greening
Puempel
Blues 2014 1st

Sens: Puempel, Greening, 2014 2nd for Stewart
Blues: Halak, Stewart, 2014 1st For Miller & 2nd
Sabres: Miller for Halak, Greening, Puempel, 1st

Sens get a winger for Spezza while giving up expandable pieces.
Blues get the goalie they need for the playoffs without giving up any crucial pieces. Halak is upgraded and Stewart is replaced with Jaskin.
Sabres get the 1st they want, Murray likes Puempel, and a decent goalie to try out... they cant just roll with Enroth. Oh and Greening.

Blues 1st in this draft is like a 2nd round pick in a weak draft. Greening negates value in the package.

It's like Halak, Ryder, 2nd, and Negative Value for Ryan Miller.

Try again my son.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Watching Karlsson play on team Sweden with OEL makes me really wish that we would go after a top pairing D instead of a top 6 winger.

Imagine if Karlsson didn't have to drag Cowen along all game?

John Holmes*

twss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad