Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yeah I'll take Giroux in a heartbeat. Habs haven't had a center like him in a very long time. No chance Philly trades him though.

The Giroux you're talking about hasn't been seen in 5 years. The Giroux of today is a shadow of his forner self and at $8M for another 4 or 5 years, thats a hard pass.

Hate to say it but really, we need to trade Patches + for a top line centre. Chucky won't get that for you and we don't have a deep prospect pool to dip into anymore. Not for a Duchene or RNH but a legit no. 1. That's what I think anyways.

Jul 6, 2016
The Giroux you're talking about hasn't been seen in 5 years. The Giroux of today is a shadow of his forner self and at $8M for another 4 or 5 years, thats a hard pass.

Hate to say it but really, we need to trade Patches + for a top line centre. Chucky won't get that for you and we don't have a deep prospect pool to dip into anymore. Not for a Duchene or RNH but a legit no. 1. That's what I think anyways.

3 years... Not 5 !

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

As mentioned in Bergs thread. Pacioretty for O'Reilly

Not sure what other guys are out there and available though. If you go through each team it is really hard to see any of those teams dealing their guy.

Ana: Getzlaf not being dealth
Ari: Domi not being dealt
Bos: Not a good partner don't see them moving Kreiji or Bergeron
Buf: Eichel will be locked up leaving logjam with O'Reilly/Reinhart **
Cal: Would be foolish to trade Monahan
Car: Staal? Not really a legit 1st liner

I mean do this for the whole league, the only guy that whispers that could become a reality is Tavares if he has no intention of resigning. That will cost you Pacioretty +

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I could see this being true due to the French factor but Jesus Christ how many wingers do we need?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I could see this being true due to the French factor but Jesus Christ how many wingers do we need?

Well it depends what Duclair cost. If he cost his 44 points season then no thank you. If he cost his 20 points pace season then why not?

If AG plays center it means we have either Lehkonen or Byron in the top 6. Neither of them is a proven top 6 player at this point so Duclair brings another option. Three maybe is better than two. Also Shaw might be battling with concussion problems again this year.

I mean i would like to get Duclair. But i don't see what we can give for him without overpaying. He struggled a lot last year the game i've seen him play.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Florida only have 10 forwards signed there could be a trade fit there for Matheson.

He would be a great target. LD ready to breakout. Montreal native.

As for Duclair, Eklund is just trying to get hits. How many LWs do the Habs need? Zero sense.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Well it depends what Duclair cost. If he cost his 44 points season then no thank you. If he cost his 20 points pace season then why not?

If AG plays center it means we have either Lehkonen or Byron in the top 6. Neither of them is a proven top 6 player at this point so Duclair brings another option. Three maybe is better than two. Also Shaw might be battling with concussion problems again this year.

I mean i would like to get Duclair. But i don't see what we can give for him without overpaying. He struggled a lot last year the game i've seen him play.

Maybe give a chance to that Hudon guy? I heard he's pretty good.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He would be a great target. LD ready to breakout. Montreal native.

As for Duclair, Eklund is just trying to get hits. How many LWs do the Habs need? Zero sense.

Depends what the cost is. I'm sure if Bergevin is looking, a lot of those names are French, which I have absolutely no problem with.

Getting Duclair likely allows the trade of other wingers towards a centre, and lets not forget that both Drouin and Lehkonen looked very good on the RW.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd rather look at what DLR/Mac/Hudon/Scherbak/ etc. can do. Duclair wouldn't be an improvement over what we already have, outside of being a local kid.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Nothing wrong with this if true imo, pending the pieces in the offer of course.

We've been in on duclair talks since he broke into the league. I have no clue why we didn't draft him in the first place. I agree with what some other people are saying, if we can get him for "cheaper" picks it would give us an opportunity to move someone one the roster or prospects from his position.

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Bergevin is probably not going to be able to get a young center.....who is under control.....unless he is willing to move Galchenyuk if he believes he is a winger and not a center.......and we know Galchenyuk did not commit here long term signing just a 3 year deal to take him right to UFA staus......possible trade fit.....Galchenyuk,Byron,JDLR for Lindholm and Teravainen.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I'd trade Patches for O'Reilly in a second, and I don't think he's a top notch #1C either, a great 2nd line C and a decent 1st line C if so used.

To me, O'Reilly is the type of C that does Plekanec's job (and better), but is actually a good offensive player at the same time. The guy doesn't quit and will be good in all three zones. If Galchenyuk was the other C, it could give you a strong 2A, 2B as 1A and 1B, one getting the more difficult matches ( and that wouldn't be Galchenyuk ;) ). Drouin as a 3rd C could be extremely useful, especially if he played with Hudon and another quicker winger that can pass.

A third line of Hudon - Danault - Hemsky?

A line of Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Shaw/Gallagher/Byron?

A line of Drouin - O'Reilly - Gallagher/Byron?

A line of Martinsen - McCarron/Plekanec/Mitchell - Shaw/McCarron/Mitchell?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Bergevin is probably not going to be able to get a young center.....who is under control.....unless he is willing to move Galchenyuk if he believes he is a winger and not a center.......and we know Galchenyuk did not commit here long term signing just a 3 year deal to take him right to UFA staus......possible trade fit.....Galchenyuk,Byron,JDLR for Lindholm and Teravainen.

The contract buys one year of UFA status for Galchenyuk, just to be more precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad