Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Friedman's 30 Thoughts disagrees. He says this offseason will clear up the market a bit considering the expansion draft and the uncertainty surrounding it all.

I suppose that's a possibility. The other side of that is that all teams are potential buyers and sellers. The advantage is teams don't need to be cap compliant until the beginning of the season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I suppose that's a possibility. The other side of that is that all teams are potential buyers and sellers. The advantage is teams don't need to be cap compliant until the beginning of the season.

teams are also more willing to make franchise-altering type of trades in the offseason as opposed to at the deadline.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I don't see why MB would of offered Galchenyuk, that's a lateral move at best and as he said at the press conference, he's not interested in making lateral moves.

I'm sure he probably tried to sell Sakic on Beaulieu and Gallagher and Juulsen or McCarron.

And honestly, I completely understand why Sakic would of held out for Galchenyuk + Sergachev from Habs.

There isn't much more that's appealing and attainable in a trade if you're looking at the Habs.

This is true. Trouble for us is, I don't see the Avs backing down from asking for at least Sergachev to be part of the deal, and Bergevin says he won't trade Sergachev...so we're probably out on Duchene.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
This is true. Trouble for us is, I don't see the Avs backing down from askixng for at least Sergachev to be part of the deal, and Bergevin says he won't trade Sergachev...so we're probably out on Duchene.

I would just add Shipachev and Dadonov in the offseason. Use the pictures of Chiarelli that we used to get him to take DD to force him to take Pleks.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's a good thing I'm not a GM. If Sakic asked me for that I'd have never answered him back to trade Ghetto or pick up the phone if he called for anything else, like ever. I'd Brian Burke his ass.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
It's a good thing I'm not a GM. If Sakic asked me for that I'd have never answered him back to trade Ghetto or pick up the phone if he called for anything else, like ever. I'd Brian Burke his ass.

Seriously, that's when hang up the phone, ignore Sakic, and pretend he never said that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This is true. Trouble for us is, I don't see the Avs backing down from asking for at least Sergachev to be part of the deal, and Bergevin says he won't trade Sergachev...so we're probably out on Duchene.

Just drives home the point for me that the Habs need to add more assets....there just isn't enough currency on this team to go out big name shopping.

Hopefully the next 2 drafts will help, the Habs have to be able to come away with a few top 50 prospects over the next 2 years.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

But they do need to be compliant to some degree. I think teams are allowed to go up to 10% over the cap during the off-season, so long as they become 100% cap compliant in time for opening night.

So with the cap at 73M last year, teams could go up to 7.3M over the cap in the off-season. But they'd need to find a way to shave that excess 7.3M in time.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
When it comes to Sergachev for Duchene, I think the question is what kind of a role can Sergachev play next season? Will he be able to handle top 4 minutes? Other young d-men have done it. If he can then I wouldn't do the trade.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
This summer (providing Vegas takes Emelin):

:flyers

Mikhail Sergachev
Michael McCarron/Nikita Scherbak
1st 2017/2018
2nd 2017
Tomas Plekanec (25% retained)

:habs

Shayne Gostisbehere
Sean Couturier

Gostisbehere ~ Sergachev + 2nd 2017
Couturier ~ McCarron/Scherbak + 1st 2017/2018 + Plekanec retained

:edmonton

Brendan Gallagher
Torrey Mitchell

Jordan Eberle

Sign :

Radulov --> 5Y/6.5M
Markov --> 2Y/5M
King --> 3y/2.5M
Martinsen--> 1y/700k

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lehkonen-Couturier-Eberle
King-Danault-Shaw
Martinsen-4C-Byron

Gostisbehere-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
This summer (providing Vegas takes Emelin):

:flyers

Mikhail Sergachev
Michael McCarron/Nikita Scherbak
1st 2017/2018
2nd 2017
Tomas Plekanec (25% retained)

Shayne Gostisbehere
Sean Couturier

Gostisbehere ~ Sergachev + 2nd 2017
Couturier ~ McCarron/Scherbak + 1st 2017/2018 + Plekanec retained

:edmonton

Brendan Gallagher
Torrey Mitchell

Jordan Eberle

Sign :

Radulov --> 5Y/6.5M
Markov --> 2Y/5M
King --> 3y/2.5M
Martinsen--> 1y/700k

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lehkonen-Couturier-Eberle
King-Danault-Shaw
Martinsen-4C-Byron

Gostisbehere-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn

In what world is Ghost worth Sergachev AND a 2nd ? You'd give me Ghost AND a 1st and I wouldn't trade Sergachev for that...

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
In what world is Ghost worth Sergachev AND a 2nd ? You'd give me Ghost AND a 1st and I wouldn't trade Sergachev for that...

Ghost has proven a lot more than Sergachev, hence why his value is higher. Mind you, I'm not talking about potential, but about value now.

Some would say the trade is dubious from our perspective, but that's just because of potential and not about the actual, present day value of the guys.

You cannot come in and ask for Ghost + 1st for Sergachev. Any GM would laugh at how you overvalue your prospect.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Ghost has proven a lot more than Sergachev, hence why his value is higher. Mind you, I'm not talking about potential, but about value now.

Some would say the trade is dubious from our perspective, but that's just because of potential and not about the actual, present day value of the guys.

You cannot come in and ask for Ghost + 1st for Sergachev. Any GM would laugh at how you overvalue your prospect.

Wow ppl do not know what's going on....you keep thinking of his last year in how he made such an impact but this year as many in the game say he has been bad...hasn't he been scratched a lot?? Ppl need to wake up to what is a true #1/2 d and the difference to a top 3/4. Could get a lot better player in trading sergachev!!!!!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

we would gladly take that gamble on sergs instead of Ghost whos a nightmare in his own zone. ez as that

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Ghost is still getting healthy scratched and Couturier hasn't shown much of anything beyond being a 3C...easy pass for that package.

No interest in Eberle, I'd rather keep Gallagher. Oiler fans will be quick to tell you how garbage he's been.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Duchene now pointless in his last 7 games, and his TOI has been drifting down. I think the guy has been affected by all the trade talk and on being on such a woeful team. think he was really hoping to get moved, and to the Habs at that is my guess.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Duchene now pointless in his last 7 games, and his TOI has been drifting down. I think the guy has been affected by all the trade talk and on being on such a woeful team. think he was really hoping to get moved, and to the Habs at that is my guess.

Hopefully he has a rough end of the season. Should help bring his value down and then MB can swoop in and get him for a discount.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Sakic is so much mishandling this.

I can see Duchene not wanting to sign an extension there and him losing so much value that the avs wont get as much as people think in return.

Duchene is older that the rest of their core group (McKinnon, Landie, Zadorov, the guys they drafted last year and gonna draft this year). But he's not really a vet yet. I don't think they should hold to him if he's not happy there.

There's 2 years remaining but realistically if they can't extend him Sakic must trade him before the last year or he'll lose value. So realistically he has 1 year left to trade him if he can't extend him.

I really can't wait to see what the avs will get for him if they trade him. IMO people will be surprised by the lower than expected quality of the return. AT this point i'm not even sure prospects like Sergachev are on the table. I could see prospects like Juulsen offered instead.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Galchenyuk has more points in 14 fewer games.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Was saying that the other day about MD. So many were praising Sakic for not budging on his ask, but eventually Duchene is going to get tired of all this talk and playing for a bottom feeder. Wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade in the summer and gets moved for much less than Sakic could have got last week.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Was saying that the other day about MD. So many were praising Sakic for not budging on his ask, but eventually Duchene is going to get tired of all this talk and playing for a bottom feeder. Wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade in the summer and gets moved for much less than Sakic could have got last week.

Exactly. Hopefully that trade will be to us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

So what if no team steps up and offers the "Sergachev" type packaged deal. Does Sakic just keep Duchene and head into next season with him or does he come down in price?

Your right that the Habs are probably out on Duchene but so are all other teams at the moment. Sakic needs to come down a bit in order to get the Habs and others to really compete with each other on the actual value. Longer Sakic waits, the less value Duchene has!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
So what if no team steps up and offers the "Sergachev" type packaged deal. Does Sakic just keep Duchene and head into next season with him or does he come down in price?

Your right that the Habs are probably out on Duchene but so are all other teams at the moment. Sakic needs to come down a bit in order to get the Habs and others to really compete with each other on the actual value. Longer Sakic waits, the less value Duchene has!

Sometimes GMs just hold on to assets and let them walk as UFA because they want to keep competing for 8th place every year.

The worst non-Habs case I can recall is when Florida held on to Jay Bouwmeester.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Either? All I know is that if Sakic doesn't trade Duchene, he better stop shopping him too and kill all public speculation about him being traded. I'd be shocked if Duchene spends two years with public, loud trade speculation surrounding him and doesn't at least privately ask for a trade. You can't keep players like him "on the market" indefinitely like that.

And while I'm skeptical of Kypreos' source, if the Avalanche's asking price was Galchenyuk, Sergachev and 1st, then there isn't a team in the NHL that'll offer even close to what Colorado wants for Duchene. Like, not even in the same stratosphere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad