Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I think teams are allowed to trade post-deadline, but the players acquired can't suit up for the pro team until the end of the season. Something like that.

For the playoffs I believe. The trade deadline is a misnomer, YOU can still trade after.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think teams are allowed to trade post-deadline, but the players acquired can't suit up for the pro team until the end of the season. Something like that.

They can suit up, but not for the playoffs. The ''Trade deadline'' is more of a playoff roster deadline than a real deadline.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Well I agree that Galchenyuk is easily a top 6 centre. Anything otherwise is just ridiculous.

But Draisaitl is also a top 6 centre. Proved it last year where he played centre, on the third line while doing better than the actual 2nd line centre.

I'm only questionning why people doubt Galchenyuk's incredible talent and value while he's as good as Draisaitl, if not better

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
MB needs to find a way to get rid of Plek and Emelin this summer. Pretty sure we can find a taker for Emelin but would be very surprise if a team show any interest in Plek. Freeing that 10M would give alot of flexibilty to MB for ufa signing or trades

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MB needs to find a way to get rid of Plek and Emelin this summer. Pretty sure we can find a taker for Emelin but would be very surprise if a team show any interest in Plek. Freeing that 10M would give alot of flexibilty to MB for ufa signing or trades

I wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin finds takers for both. They're not value-less players. They most probably won't get you the best return. But anything is better than nothing. They will both be in their final year so if anything, Bergevin can trade them and retain salary.

Another option if Vegas would be interested, Bergevin can strike a deal with them to select either Plekanec or Emelin. And to entice them to agree, he can add a pick in the trade.

It would definitely help relieving a good chunk of the cap with both of their departures.

And even if he trades both and retains 50% of each of their salaries, it would be 3M for Pleky and 2.05M for Emelin. That's a total of 5.05M of cap space. That should be enough to extend both Galchenyuk and Radulov.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I posted this in another thread awhile ago....theres been a lot of talk about what we can afford to do when price and max are up. It's really not that hindering at all...

Goalies

Price 10
Montoya - 1 and change

Defense

Weber - 7.8
Sergachev - .925
Beaulieu - 3.5
Petry - 5.5
Pattern - .800
Juulsen - .800

Forwards

Pacioretty - 7
Galchenyuk - 6
Radulov - 6

Danault - 4 (just a guess)
Lekonen - no idea, lets say 3.750 like gallagher
Gallagher - 3.750

Shaw - 3.9
Byron - 1.16
McCarron - I dunno, 1 or 2, maybe more if he scores frequently

4th line, rookies UFA's

So by my count thats 67.8 million salary cap goes up 2-3 million a year, probably be at the very least 79 which would give us just over 11 million to sign a 4th line and other UFA's

Its really a guessing game after that, who knows what draftee's emerge, what signings we make, players we trade. But if we decided to keep the kids it looks pretty damn good

Instead of trading for duchene we could just wait until he's UFA and still have a completely wide open and maybe even further opened window IMO because lets be honest, Weber's a stay at home defensemen, he has been all season, he has been very effective at that role and he will continue to be so for many years because you simply dont need mobility to be successful at it. So beyond that our next key player is price and he'll be just 31 stil and we all know how long goalies can last especially elite ones like price...honestly you couldn't ask for two better positions to be the eldest of your cup crew than goalie and stay at home D because they both require such little strenuous movement to be what they are.

I agree completely! The roster for the Habs looks pretty darn good and well balanced for many years to come (5 years ish). MB is on the right track and will make the team better when those opportunities present themselves!

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Would you guys be willing to make a trade for Kopitar if he were on the table?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I posted this in another thread awhile ago....theres been a lot of talk about what we can afford to do when price and max are up. It's really not that hindering at all...

Goalies

Price 10
Montoya - 1 and change

Defense

Weber - 7.8
Sergachev - .925
Beaulieu - 3.5
Petry - 5.5
Pattern - .800
Juulsen - .800

Forwards

Pacioretty - 7
Galchenyuk - 6
Radulov - 6

Danault - 4 (just a guess)
Lekonen - no idea, lets say 3.750 like gallagher
Gallagher - 3.750

Shaw - 3.9
Byron - 1.16
McCarron - I dunno, 1 or 2, maybe more if he scores frequently

4th line, rookies UFA's

So by my count thats 67.8 million salary cap goes up 2-3 million a year, probably be at the very least 79 which would give us just over 11 million to sign a 4th line and other UFA's

Its really a guessing game after that, who knows what draftee's emerge, what signings we make, players we trade. But if we decided to keep the kids it looks pretty damn good

Instead of trading for duchene we could just wait until he's UFA and still have a completely wide open and maybe even further opened window IMO because lets be honest, Weber's a stay at home defensemen, he has been all season, he has been very effective at that role and he will continue to be so for many years because you simply dont need mobility to be successful at it. So beyond that our next key player is price and he'll be just 31 stil and we all know how long goalies can last especially elite ones like price...honestly you couldn't ask for two better positions to be the eldest of your cup crew than goalie and stay at home D because they both require such little strenuous movement to be what they are.

Unless Danault has an monster season next year, theres no way he will get 4 M.

Also I don't think Price will get a 10 M contract. Everyone knows, including Price, that if he were to get a 10M contract then it would considerably hinder the team's chance of winning a stanley cup. At this point of his career, he likely wants a cup more than money.

He will also be 31 years old when his new contract will start, so I doubt MB (or any other gm) sign him to a 10M contract.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
If bergs can trade desharnais and Pateryn for useful players he can trade anyone. Only player who was truly untradeable was Scotty Seven Mil.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Really? Of course we should be interested. Kopitar is a true number 1 centre and would make us a legit contender. I can't believe people wouldn't be interested

He has been a fantastic player. He just started a monster contract though and is having a terrible year. He was also never the fleetest of foot even when he was young so that will be a concern going forward too.

Too much risk involved in him IMO, I wouldn't want the Habs being stuck paying a contract that is rewarding him for the 12 and 14 cups rather than what he will be doing going forward.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
He has been a fantastic player. He just started a monster contract though and is having a terrible year. He was also never the fleetest of foot even when he was young so that will be a concern going forward too.

Too much risk involved in him IMO, I wouldn't want the Habs being stuck paying a contract that is rewarding him for the 12 and 14 cups rather than what he will be doing going forward.

This sounds like the same argument I heard when I was pushing to get Kessel for cheap. Isn't this the perfect time to make a play for him if you believe in the player.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin finds takers for both. They're not value-less players. They most probably won't get you the best return. But anything is better than nothing. They will both be in their final year so if anything, Bergevin can trade them and retain salary.

Another option if Vegas would be interested, Bergevin can strike a deal with them to select either Plekanec or Emelin. And to entice them to agree, he can add a pick in the trade.

It would definitely help relieving a good chunk of the cap with both of their departures.

And even if he trades both and retains 50% of each of their salaries, it would be 3M for Pleky and 2.05M for Emelin. That's a total of 5.05M of cap space. That should be enough to extend both Galchenyuk and Radulov.

100% agree.

Also teams will lose top 4D and or a C due to expansion. A lot teams are going to have a lot of holes. Emelin at 2 or 3 Million isn't a bad option to trade for. Same for Pleks since both have no future commitments.

MB managed to trade DD and got an actual player back I am not worried about MB needing to clear out contracts.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
This sounds like the same argument I heard when I was pushing to get Kessel for cheap. Isn't this the perfect time to make a play for him if you believe in the player.

Look at Eric Staal. He was elite, then began a rapid decline in Carolina. He was traded to NYR and it looked like he was all but done, they said he was an alright shutdown C but a shadow of his former self. Then he went to Minny and has looked pretty good again in the right situation.

Would we be Kopitar's NYR or his Wild? Is it worth the assets we give up + 7 more years at 10M to find out? Who will we have to let go to make it work cap wise?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Really? Of course we should be interested. Kopitar is a true number 1 centre and would make us a legit contender. I can't believe people wouldn't be interested

Kopitar is good, but he's not 10M good...
At 10 M, we could have Radulov + Shipachev

What would you rather have, Kopitar or Radulov + Shipachev?
For me its an easy choice...

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I doubt a GM would be willing to take on Kopitar's contract. If he ever gets traded, LA will have to retain around 2M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->