Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He's still got time to develop. However, I said that exact criticism in his draft year and I really haven't seen much growth that would make him a top-6 center. It's been a question since the draft and I don't think it's being answered.
funny thing is, I think he may develop into a 3rd or 4th line player, which is a waste of a 1st round pick

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So what about our D?

My reply was just that if you want Draisatl then that is all that I think we could offer to get him.

If we made such a trade we would then need a top D. I have previously proposed Chucky plus for Hanifin.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
According to Pagnotta, yes him, Bergevin is looling for rentals.

I hope to god he is wrong. f***ing Bergevin...

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It has everything to do with position of need. I think the Leafs feel the same towards Liljegren. Yes they are prospects but that's how you address the holes in your line-up. You target and acquire assets like these through the draft and stock pile them. Expecting to address holes in your line-up through free agency and trades don't usually work out in the end.

I don't totally disagree but it always depends. I mean i wouldn't trade let's sat Poehling in a package for Joe Thornton or Jeff Carter since those are aging players who are/will decline soon enough. But i would include Poehling in a package for a legitimate and proven top 2 C or top 4 PMD LHD in his early or mid 20 without thinking too much about it. Youth + proven over the prospect and potential i would do easily. , especially in the case Poehling who , while certainly an interesting one , is no elite blue chip prospect imho and could be expendable in the right deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sergachev was said to be untouchable this summer. Markov's replacement. Only true young A+ prospect. Gone for a winger. Just like that.

All prospects are untouchable until an offer comes along you can't refuse. Drouin (age 22) for an unproven Sergachev (19) was something the Habs could not pass on. If someone came along and offered me a solid PMD with offensive potential who was proven like Drouin for Poehling, I'd pull the trigger as well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't totally disagree but it always depends. I mean i wouldn't trade let's sat Poehling in a package for Joe Thornton or Jeff Carter since those are aging players who are/will decline soon enough. But i would include Poehling in a package for a legitimate and proven top 2 C or top 4 PMD LHD in his early or mid 20 without thinking too much about it. Youth + proven over the prospect and potential i would do easily. , especially in the case Poehling who , while certainly an interesting one , is no elite blue chip prospect imho and could be expendable in the right deal.

Agreed. But the Drouin for Sergachev type trades are rare and I'm not sure Tampa makes this trade if there was no cap issues and expansion draft. Poehling would have to prove himself a bit more before other GM's would give us a Drouin type return at center or LD.

What if the BJ offered PLD for Poehling. Would you do it? It would make the Habs think but I don't think that offer would be made to us at this stage.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
There has to be untouchables............Drouin,Price,Weber,Gallagher,Byron,Mete,Lehkonen,Hudon,Galchenyuk?...........you need to ice a competitive team and you need a core to build around for that to happen. Those for me would be a good place to start with.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
In the off season Alzner for Hagelin both players make over 4 million,Hagelin will have just 1 year left after this season and Alzner could replace UFA Ian Cole.........Hagelin has been bad this year but still has great speed.
e
The Penguins of all teams probably know Alzner a lot better than we think by having beat them in the playoffs ... well every time.
Doubt they want anything to do with him.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Wayne Gretzky was traded and so was David Desharnais, anything is possible.

Finally a true and apt comparison!

DD and Gretzky, the two greatest centers to play the game.

I heard Gretz once said he wished he was as good as DD. If only he had MT as a coach who knows what heights Gretzky could of reached???

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
There has to be untouchables............Drouin,Price,Weber,Gallagher,Byron,Mete,Lehkonen,Hudon,Galchenyuk?...........you need to ice a competitive team and you need a core to build around for that to happen. Those for me would be a good place to start with.

None of those are untouchables , especially not Byron/Lekhonen/Hudon imho. Not bad players but certainly replaceable.

The most untouchable of those is probably Drouin considering what MB gave up to acquire him but even then. Let's say Edmonto call tomorrow morning and offer Draisaitl but they want Drouin as part of the return....you have to seriously consider it since Drai is a natural center and it has been a weakness on the Habs for way too long. Drouin hasn't been bad at C but Draisaitl is better and just as young

Again it all depends on the return. Priority on the Habs is a top C and a top D. If one of those guys has to go to acquire either of those then so be it imho

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
caveat on Giroux is PHI needs to retain. TBH I don't think anyone will take Giroux without retention. If TOR retained on Kessel its not out or realm to think that PHI will have to as well. But its also if PHI wants out of that contract, they could be happy to keep him along for the rebuild as they don't have cap issues.

Giroux is over PPG this season. He has been a C almost his entire career I take that over 30 or 40 games of being on the wing. He would be better than JD or AG down the middle.

Worth the risk IF PHI retains 1 mill or so.
I dont see the big thing fuss around a 1 mil retention... Sounds like an excuse. If Philly wants out, they would retain. If Mtl wants him with 4 more years on his deal, they would not mind no retention.

Huge start for him. 17th in scoring. He is 1 pt behind Tavares and 1 in front of Crosby. Now playing with Couturier and Simmonds.

Philly is not trading him.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
None of those are untouchables , especially not Byron/Lekhonen/Hudon imho. Not bad players but certainly replaceable.

The most untouchable of those is probably Drouin considering what MB gave up to acquire him but even then. Let's say Edmonto call tomorrow morning and offer Draisaitl but they want Drouin as part of the return....you have to seriously consider it since Drai is a natural center and it has been a weakness on the Habs for way too long. Drouin hasn't been bad at C but Draisaitl is better and just as young
Pretty sure MB would trade Drouin tomorrow for a true 1c same age, salary, past production. Names like Barkov, Huberdeau, Mackinnon, Forsberg or even Horvat.

Pretty sure he would even entertain getting a guy a tad older like 26 in a 1-1 deal.

Jul 6, 2016
Pretty sure MB would trade Drouin tomorrow for a true 1c same age, salary, past production. Names like Barkov, Huberdeau, Mackinnon, Forsberg or even Horvat.

Pretty sure he would even entertain getting a guy a tad older like 26 in a 1-1 deal.

Huberdeau and Forsberg are not centers. As for the three others, I strongly doubt their rspective team would deal them for Drouin.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Huberdeau and Forsberg are not centers. As for the three others, I strongly doubt their rspective team would deal them for Drouin.
Well i used capfriendly so maybe they are wrong. But you agree with the fact he would trade Drouin for this type of a C tomorrow morning?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
yep, that would be nice.

absolutely, they need one more to put everyone in their correct spot. I would leave Danault and Pleks in their spots this season and move Drouin to the wing.

Anyway, my choice ... as far as big names are concerned ... would be RNH. Still young(ish), defensively responsible, still puts up points ( tied with Drai in pts with 20), might actually be available if Patch was offered, unlike Drai.
Soft, sure, but so is the Captain, so we don't lose there.

I don't know about RNH. He has the speed but he is not the kind of centre I think the Habs need. He reminds of Drouin. Learning the position on the fly. He has been at it longer but I would say he has not taken off with the responsibility. And I don't see Edmonton investing in Pacioretty. That's a lot of cap space for LWs which aren't that hard to find,

I have issues with Plekanec, Danault, De La Rose as 2, 3, 4. Danault has missed quite a few assignments, in his role. Plekanec does not generate much offense anymore, but still anchors the PK. With Drouin out the hole is very noticeable. If you put Danault on a 4th line with Carr you have offense on every line. I like a player of the Spezza mold. Big, good shot, able to take defensive zone draws. Able to contribute on the PP. Not too many centres available right now. Max Domi would be an interesting trade. Not sure what direction Yotes are going though.

Chityl is the best player I see long term being available, if the Rangers are looking to swap Patches for the UFA Nash at LW, as i think that the Rangers would try to trade Nash in that case.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Trade Patches to LA or NYR for a package, that's the moves that make the most sense right now.

Plekanec for a some pick at the deadline.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't know about RNH. He has the speed but he is not the kind of centre I think the Habs need. He reminds of Drouin. Learning the position on the fly. He has been at it longer but I would say he has not taken off with the responsibility. And I don't see Edmonton investing in Pacioretty. That's a lot of cap space for LWs which aren't that hard to find,

RNH filled the two-way center role last season, handling all the touch match-ups vs the other teams' top lines. He's defensively responsible. With Danault and Pleks on the team, he could slide in as #1 next to Drouin. Both players would produce more.

The Oilers really need speed and scoring touch on the wing to keep up with McJesus. Some leadership is needed as well (*cough cough*). This keeps Drai off 3rd line or wing.

Max - McJesus - Pulju
Lucic - Drai - Strome
Maroon - Letestu - Cammy

(eventually, Yamo to 2nd line and Strome to 3rd line C)

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Sergachev was said to be untouchable this summer. Markov's replacement. Only true young A+ prospect. Gone for a winger. Just like that.

Gone for a winger??? WRONG, It was a center JD is a center boys.... come on , drink that cool aid!!!

According to Pagnotta, yes him, Bergevin is looling for rentals.

I hope to god he is wrong. ****ing Bergevin...
Bergy looking for a bargin? that is a fact 1000%

Reactions: NoQuinn

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I believe he was ranked around the 35 ish range heading into the draft. We definitely fell into the trap at going after someone with size vs drafting the best available talent.
I said through that draft process, what's this guy's upside, a 4th liner? And people kept telling me he was a faster Lucic... ya right lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad