Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Patch for a proven prospect plus a 1st. Look at the world juniors rosters and target a center or left D. It's a long shot but I've been looking at the Blues. They classify to me as a team that is close to going all in and Patch fits. I already know their fan base is interested in him. I'd love to pry Robert Thomas from them, even if we had to lower the pick from a 1st to a 2nd. They would still have other centers left in their system even after trading Thomas.

I think the Devils make a lot of sense. They could really use some secondary scoring behind Hall and I think Patches would A) Shine in their system, and B) Thrive as a secondary source of scoring.

Paval Zacha, Michael McLeod, and they still have their first rounder. We know that they Habs and Devils have chatted re: Galchenyuk so talks already have a foundation to start on. I think the basis of a deal is there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think the Devils make a lot of sense. They could really use some secondary scoring behind Hall and I think Patches would A) Shine in their system, and B) Thrive as a secondary source of scoring.

Paval Zacha, Michael McLeod, and they still have their first rounder. We know that they Habs and Devils have chatted re: Galchenyuk so talks already have a foundation to start on. I think the basis of a deal is there.

Agreed. Devils are another team. I do think they would be going after defense more but they could use help on RW more than LW. If either Hall or Johansson an play RW, then Patch would fit in their top 6.

As far as the return. I think Thomas is better than McLeod or Zacha but that is the type of assets I would target as well as at least a 1st.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The thing is, i dont think moving Alzner should be MB priority. Trading Max is lol

Max would bring the greatest return obviously and he's at a juncture where he can be traded without waiting for the TDL on account of his favorable contract.

You can always move Alzner along the way, in a package deal. But, so long as Bergevin is GM, I'm not convinced he's going to do it soon -- it would send yet another negative signal about a contract commitment he tried to sell only a few months ago.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ya, not quite untouchable for me, but damn close.

Would be nice to be able to speculate on at least one prospect who has a shot at the top 6. He wouldn't be an untouchable on most other teams, but given the Habs's needs and their inability to draft and develop this profile of player, the default position is to hold unless they get an offer they can't refuse and it fills their C position with a player that is cost controlled and not too much older than Poehling.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Reminds me of the days where I called McCarron untouchable. Now I'm not comparing Poehling with McCarron in any way, but I don't think he's untouchable.

I think there is a difference between Poehling and McCarron. McCarron never made team USA as a 18 or 19 year old. Poehling is going to make team USA and likely play a top 6 or top 9 role. Development after being drafting from age 17 to 18+ is the key difference.

Poehling is very untouchable to me. He has all the things you look for ... Skating/Size/Skill/Grit. McCarron only had size and we hoped he can improve his skating and skill. Major difference between these two IMO.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Reminds me of the days where I called McCarron untouchable. Now I'm not comparing Poehling with McCarron in any way, but I don't think he's untouchable.

No one on this roster is untouchable , especially if it's to acquire a top 2 C or a LHD. We have no McDavid or Matthews who are the definition of untouchable players.

Poehling is a fine prospect but he's still just that a prospect. If he is the missing piece in a reasonnable package that could land the Habs a early/mid 20's top 2 C or top 4 PMD you don,t really think twoce about it and you pull the trigger

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No one on this roster is untouchable , especially if it's to acquire a top 2 C or a LHD. We have no McDavid or Matthews who are the definition of untouchable players.

Poehling is a fine prospect but he's still just that a prospect. If he is the missing piece in a reasonnable package that could land the Habs a early/mid 20's top 2 C or top 4 PMD you don,t really think twoce about it and you pull the trigger

It has everything to do with position of need. I think the Leafs feel the same towards Liljegren. Yes they are prospects but that's how you address the holes in your line-up. You target and acquire assets like these through the draft and stock pile them. Expecting to address holes in your line-up through free agency and trades don't usually work out in the end.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Patch for a proven prospect plus a 1st. Look at the world juniors rosters and target a center or left D. It's a long shot but I've been looking at the Blues. They classify to me as a team that is close to going all in and Patch fits. I already know their fan base is interested in him. I'd love to pry Robert Thomas from them, even if we had to lower the pick from a 1st to a 2nd. They would still have other centers left in their system even after trading Thomas.
Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson...2 prospect centers I'd look at from the Habs point of view.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
At a $8.2M cap hit, one would hope so right?

While I like Giroux, he's not what he used to be and can't skate like he once did. He's playing on the wing for a reason. Then throw in the multiple concussions and caution must be factored into any decision.

caveat on Giroux is PHI needs to retain. TBH I don't think anyone will take Giroux without retention. If TOR retained on Kessel its not out or realm to think that PHI will have to as well. But its also if PHI wants out of that contract, they could be happy to keep him along for the rebuild as they don't have cap issues.

Giroux is over PPG this season. He has been a C almost his entire career I take that over 30 or 40 games of being on the wing. He would be better than JD or AG down the middle.

Worth the risk IF PHI retains 1 mill or so.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I think the same way. Sometimes you can't hold onto your prospects forever. Tinordi was untouchable, Beaulieu was untouchable. If I could go back in time and trade Mac+Tinordi+1st for ROR everyone would do it.

Maybe Poehling turns into a stud, or maybe not he is a later 1st rounder not a top 3 pick in a historic draft. MB traded Serge who is a way better prospect.

I remember people scoffing at tradeing Mac at the TDL (I think I was even one of em). Hanzal for Mac might have helped the habs a lot more last year and wouldn't be hurting them at all this year since Mac isn't even on the big club.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think the same way. Sometimes you can't hold onto your prospects forever. Tinordi was untouchable, Beaulieu was untouchable. If I could go back in time and trade Mac+Tinordi+1st for ROR everyone would do it.

Maybe Poehling turns into a stud, or maybe not he is a later 1st rounder not a top 3 pick in a historic draft. MB traded Serge who is a way better prospect.

I remember people scoffing at tradeing Mac at the TDL (I think I was even one of em). Hanzal for Mac might have helped the habs a lot more last year and wouldn't be hurting them at all this year since Mac isn't even on the big club.
I remember vividly when many here wouldn't have done Beaulieu+McCarron for Drouin when he requested a trade lol.

Reactions: the

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If Oilers do not get back in the race by the deadline.....McCarron or Lernout and a 2nd rounder for Letestu he is very good on draws,will be 33 in February,last year of his contract.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
In the off season Alzner for Hagelin both players make over 4 million,Hagelin will have just 1 year left after this season and Alzner could replace UFA Ian Cole.........Hagelin has been bad this year but still has great speed.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I remember vividly when many here wouldn't have done Beaulieu+McCarron for Drouin when he requested a trade lol.

LOL!

McCarron always was a long shot at making it to the big league, IMO. Yes he's big, yes he can skate. I just don't see the puckhandling or vision in his game.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
LOL!

McCarron always was a long shot at making it to the big league, IMO. Yes he's big, yes he can skate. I just don't see the puckhandling or vision in his game.
I'm not giving up on McCarron yet. In his first year with London he was terrible. He couldn't skate and I couldn't believe he was drafted in the first round. He improved markedly the next year and the next. From the games I have seen this year, he is better this year than last. My impression is that he is a player that works very hard and learns well. He is 22.

He should have been left in the A all year this year. I don't think he is far off from being a strong presence and whoever shows some patience with him I think will be rewarded.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
LOL!

He's still got time to develop. However, I said that exact criticism in his draft year and I really haven't seen much growth that would make him a top-6 center. It's been a question since the draft and I don't think it's being answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->