Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I understand that...but we're also filling a need (center) by creating another (winger).

I mean sure, you could say we could move Drouin to the wing, Galchenyuk, Byron, Lehkonen, Hudon...etc

We have options in terms of wingers.

However none of those players are proven goal scorers the way Pacioretty is. I mean you have Galchenyuk who has 1 30 goal season, Drouin has 1 20 goal season, Byron 1 20 goal season.

But I would be careful to assume we could replace the goals we'd lose with Pacioretty...I'd also be careful to assume Draisaitl could replicate the numbers he has with EDM, with MTL.

Draisatl scored 29 goal season last season. Let’s assume he’s probably good for 25. That’s just 10 less than Max. But the thing with Max is he only has a shot, he’s a horrendous playmaker and PP presence. Leon will create goals in other ways. The Habs have enough shooters. Chuck, Lehkonen, Hudon, Gallagher. They all prefer to shoot. Plus the added bonus of having someone big at C that can matchup against other top Cs. Max doesn’t provide that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Doesn't help our Center issue and Philly wouldn't do it anyways....

Pass
I know it doesn't help our center issue...but Sanheim solves our "young LHD that can play with Weber" issue that's just as big and needy as our center issue.

But fair enough. You're right in the sense that if we move Pacioretty, it should probably be to address our issue down the middle.

Reactions: Runner77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Draisatl scored 29 goal season last season. Let’s assume he’s probably good for 25. That’s just 10 less than Max. But the thing with Max is he only has a shot, he’s a horrendous playmaker and PP presence. Leon will create goals in other ways. The Habs have enough shooters. Chuck, Lehkonen, Hudon, Gallagher. They all prefer to shoot. Plus the added bonus of having someone big at C that can matchup against other top Cs. Max doesn’t provide that.
all fair points...as I said earlier, the issue not Draisaitl vs Pacioretty for me.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
all fair points...as I said earlier, the issue not Draisaitl vs Pacioretty for me.

It’s a hefty price, no doubt. If there was a way to have other players involved instead of Poehling, I’d be for it. But I don’t think Edmonton bites without RP.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I know it doesn't help our center issue...but Sanheim solves our "young LHD that can play with Weber" issue that's just as big and needy as our center issue.

But fair enough. You're right in the sense that if we move Pacioretty, it should probably be to address our issue down the middle.
I like both Simmonds and Sanheim, but if we've moving our most valuable (moveable) piece, we have to address our biggest need imo. If Max is moved for anything besides a Center, it will be disappointing.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Max for Drai even though losing Max's goals is worth it. Big young offensive C we need. TBH I would rather get out of Max before we "have to sign him" to a 8 or 9 Million dollar contract because we don't have anyone else who can score 30.

Max for Giroux is a no from me. Giroux is a good C but not young anymore. We would need Max and Giroux on this team.

Giroux for Poehling+1st, sign me up IF PHI retains.

RNH+Lucic is interesting to me. CJ has history with Lucic and I don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be. Would add a C and winger depth to the team.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Max for Drai even though losing Max's goals is worth it. Big young offensive C we need. TBH I would rather get out of Max before we "have to sign him" to a 8 or 9 Million dollar contract because we don't have anyone else who can score 30.

Max for Giroux is a no from me. Giroux is a good C but not young anymore. We would need Max and Giroux on this team.

Giroux for Poehling+1st, sign me up IF PHI retains.

RNH+Lucic is interesting to me. CJ has history with Lucic and I don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be. Would add a C and winger depth to the team.

Can Giroux even play Center anymore....he's been at LW all season

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It's pretty sickening (at least to me) that Pacioretty might get traded while PK is still with another team. I mean I think we all know who was the reason for PK's departure, so this makes me sick.
People over analyze the PK deal. The reason PK was moved was because of his contract. He's still the highest cap hit dman in the league by a full million dollars 2 years later, and he had a NMC that was kicking in. The NMC was why he was dealt. If you want to blame anyone or anything for PK being traded, the blame should be put on MB for the bridge deal that backfired. I though am not mad as I feel we ended up getting a better player back (don't want to get into it again though).

Reactions: scrubadam

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It’s a hefty price, no doubt. If there was a way to have other players involved instead of Poehling, I’d be for it. But I don’t think Edmonton bites without RP.

How is Poeling doing? Is he looking that good that he would possibly block a Pacioretty/Draistle deal?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Kessel might have gotten the two late 1sts, 2nd, and 3rd, but Kessel > Patches so I don't think you're getting the same package.

The year Kessel got traded he had a 25 goal 60 point season and he's yet to crack 30 goals with the Pens. Pacioretty scores more goals and plays a superb 2-way game. If a winger could win the Selke he'd be in the discussion every year. Kessel may be better than Pacioretty right now, but that hasn't been the case for almost 5 years. And even then, the difference wasn't that much, especially given the other aspects that Pacioretty brings.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think Edmonton bites on that deal period...but I was just talking hypothetically based on that 'rumor'.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I do see Pacioretty getting traded. Probably for someone similar.

Any truth to Pacioretty and first for Leon?

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
The year Kessel got traded he had a 25 goal 60 point season and he's yet to crack 30 goals with the Pens. Pacioretty scores more goals and plays a superb 2-way game. If a winger could win the Selke he'd be in the discussion every year. Kessel may be better than Pacioretty right now, but that hasn't been the case for almost 5 years. And even then, the difference wasn't that much, especially given the other aspects that Pacioretty brings.

That's a fair assessment. I do agree that Pacioretty is better than Kessel on the defensive end. I just don't think in the current situation around the league that Pacioretty would fetch the same, plus Kessel is regarded around the league as having more scoring (not just goals). Some of that is being on the Pens now, some of that is Pacioretty's lack of a top notch C.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pass...counter offer

Pacioretty + Mete

for

Simmonds + Sanheim + mid-round pick

P.S. I suck at trade proposals lol

Success rate on HF board trade proposals is like 1%. Pretty much everybody sucks lol

As far as the trade offer. I think the Flyers are interested in trading Simmonds for futures and not so sure they trade Sanheim. I think teams that are closer to being cup contenders are a better fit for Patch.

Patch to the Blues for Robert Thomas & 2019 1st. Blues are stacked up the middle and they likely try to push Barbashev on us instead of Thomas. Blues could use some goal scoring on the LW and they might just pull on trigger on trading Thomas.

Reactions: 417

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He'd easily be our best forward and best center.

At a $8.2M cap hit, one would hope so right?

While I like Giroux, he's not what he used to be and can't skate like he once did. He's playing on the wing for a reason. Then throw in the multiple concussions and caution must be factored into any decision.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patch for a proven prospect plus a 1st. Look at the world juniors rosters and target a center or left D. It's a long shot but I've been looking at the Blues. They classify to me as a team that is close to going all in and Patch fits. I already know their fan base is interested in him. I'd love to pry Robert Thomas from them, even if we had to lower the pick from a 1st to a 2nd. They would still have other centers left in their system even after trading Thomas.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At a $8.2M cap hit, one would hope so right?

While I like Giroux, he's not what he used to be and can't skate like he once did. He's playing on the wing for a reason. Then throw in the multiple concussions and caution must be factored into any decision.
He has 30 points in 28 games, he's still a monster. Flyers also have Couturier and Patrick as their centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->