Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
I'd want MB to go for a #2C on a team where they already have 3Cs. Been saying this for a while, but RNH, Miller/Hayes and Kadri would all be good options for our team. They are all young and all have the potential of being responsible 2-way Cs that can contribute offensively. I think RNH might be the easiest one to pry.

If not I'd want JVR on our team. It'd likely cost us Scherbak/McCarron + 1st, but I'd do it to have a second LW threat other than Patches.

JVR - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

This looks really good. We can also include Hudon if ever he continues to play well. Ideally we'd be able to get JVR + a good 2C to replace Plekanec, but I'd be okay with this.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'd want MB to go for a #2C on a team where they already have 3Cs. Been saying this for a while, but RNH, Miller/Hayes and Kadri would all be good options for our team. They are all young and all have the potential of being responsible 2-way Cs that can contribute offensively. I think RNH might be the easiest one to pry.

If not I'd want JVR on our team. It'd likely cost us Scherbak/McCarron + 1st, but I'd do it to have a second LW threat other than Patches.

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

This looks really good. We can also include Hudon if ever he continues to play well. Ideally we'd be able to get JVR + a good 2C to replace Plekanec, but I'd be okay with this.

I'm all for getting Kadri, i think hes a pretty underrated player (good caphit, has offensive talent and a good all around game, draws a lot of penalties). Kadri has 36% o-zone draws this season and he mostly plays with Komarov and Connor Brown, hasn't stopped him from producing.

No chance NYR move Miller or Hayes. Wouldn't touch RNH.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Scherbak/McCarron + 1st for 2 years of JVR? Are you insane? I like JVR but give them a 1st rounder and that's it!

Jul 6, 2016
Bergy at today's Sharks/Isles game.

Anders Lee on one of our two bottom lines would be fine. The guy has size, can hit, and has a scoring touch (before this year, of course).

Calvin DeHaan should be the target, though.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Here are the players i know for sure are available from articles.

Jimmy Hayes is available from Boston.
Benoit Pouliot from Edmonton
Vitali Filpula from Tampa
Jimmy Howard from Detroit
Steve Ott from Dallas
Bobby Ryan of Ottawa
Matt Read from Philadelphia

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Steve Ott from Dallas
Bobby Ryan of Ottawa

That's all more of the same, minus Filpula who's severely dropped in production which is an automatic no-go with his contract.

We need a top 2 D and center, we have more depth than any team in the league.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Steve Ott from Dallas
Bobby Ryan of Ottawa

Yeah, nothing that would somehow help us ...

Filpula maybe , but he's like another Plekanec at his point

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
What about Bjugstad ? Somehow slotted to be their 3rd line C (Trochek seems to have dislodged him from the top 2 lines), but he's better than that. 24yo, 6'6, 2-way, great wrister, maybe a bit injury prone though, but still, great contract for a while... which may be the reason for them not trading him, and the fact we're in the same division, but well...

If Bergevin is willing to pay, I think we could add some quality this year. We're still leading the league, but, I hope he won't stand still...

Brock Nelson, Anders Lee, Marcus Foligno, Michael Ferland... we need players like that, our small guys will wear off at some point.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What about Bjugstad ? Somehow slotted to be their 3rd line C (Trochek seems to have dislodged him from the top 2 lines), but he's better than that. 24yo, 6'6, 2-way, great wrister, maybe a bit injury prone though, but still, great contract for a while... which may be the reason for them not trading him, and the fact we're in the same division, but well...

If Bergevin is willing to pay, I think we could add some quality this year. We're still leading the league, but, I hope he won't stand still...

Brock Nelson, Anders Lee, Marcus Foligno, Michael Ferland... we need players like that, our small guys will wear off at some point.

Lee is interesting because he's struggling, could be a good low risk/high reward type trade (kinda has a high caphit so theres a bit of risk).

I like Ferland too but i dont see why Calgary would move him, hes cheap and good at his role.

Main priority for me is still LHD, i'd look into Brodin and De Haan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
RNH doesnt have elite offense, the difference between RNH and Staal is maybe 10 points and Staal is a million times better defensively. Gimme Staal over him any day.

I don't know that the choice has to be between RNH and Staal. There must be better than RNH at a $6M long term deal.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
I'm all for getting Kadri, i think hes a pretty underrated player (good caphit, has offensive talent and a good all around game, draws a lot of penalties). Kadri has 36% o-zone draws this season and he mostly plays with Komarov and Connor Brown, hasn't stopped him from producing.

No chance NYR move Miller or Hayes. Wouldn't touch RNH.

Kadri + JVR Would be a really good pickup, but again doubt that TO will move them to us.

Yeah NYR are so lucky that their kids are developing well. They'll have Hayes, Miller and Zibby down the middle. Zibby might be able to develop into a 1C and the rest will be good 2/3Cs.

I do like RNH and wouldn't mind him as a top 2C. Still young and is getting a lot better defensively as well.

Scherbak/McCarron + 1st for 2 years of JVR? Are you insane? I like JVR but give them a 1st rounder and that's it!

Would you trade Patches for a 1st? He only has two years left, but I'm pretty sure that people are saying to trade him for Duchene and other really good players as well. You have to put yourselves in TO's mindset. Would you let your best LW leave for a 1st rounder? Heck no. Vermette went for a 1st+ and he was playing on the THIRD line AND was UFA at the end of the year. I am sure that Sherbak + 1st is a fair enough deal for the leafs for JVR.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Kadri + JVR Would be a really good pickup, but again doubt that TO will move them to us.

Yeah NYR are so lucky that their kids are developing well. They'll have Hayes, Miller and Zibby down the middle. Zibby might be able to develop into a 1C and the rest will be good 2/3Cs.

I do like RNH and wouldn't mind him as a top 2C. Still young and is getting a lot better defensively as well.

Would you trade Patches for a 1st? He only has two years left, but I'm pretty sure that people are saying to trade him for Duchene and other really good players as well. You have to put yourselves in TO's mindset. Would you let your best LW leave for a 1st rounder? Heck no. Vermette went for a 1st+ and he was playing on the THIRD line AND was UFA at the end of the year. I am sure that Sherbak + 1st is a fair enough deal for the leafs for JVR.

Leafs are rebuilding habs are not

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Leafs are done rebuilding, up front anyway, now they just need a few good D-men and they're all set. They would only want Juulsen or Sergachev from us and nothing else.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin will find a way to get back all the former Hab playoff winners/warriors:sarcasm::naughty::

Playoffs...
Cammalleri...Galchenyuk...Radulov
Hudon/Pacioretty...Plekanec...Gallagher
Bourque...Danault...Shaw/Weise
Byron...Mitchell...Weise/Shaw

McDonagh/Emelin-Weber
McDonagh/Emelin-Petry
Markov/Beaulieu-Pateryn/Redmond

-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

...I'd want JVR on our team. It'd likely cost us Scherbak/McCarron + 1st, but I'd do it to have a second LW threat other than Patches.

This looks really good. We can also include Hudon...this.

Maybe Hudon added to Scherbak/McCarron+1st...NO WAY!! (if up to me!). Way too much for JVR, imo. And, why would we want to do such a huge favor for any team out there, especially the Leaves?
(plus, we've been waiting for a 6'6 Power Forward like McCarron...forever ; he's a KEEPER). We're better off with Hudon and McCarron for the 2017 playoffs vs JVR (who is also injury prone). And, ''Montreal'' says Scherbak is also a keeper among our top star prospects. (McCarron, Sergachev, Juulsen, Scherbak).

JVR may look decent/good on paper...but not sure if he's a playoff forward (not gritty enough). Kadri would be more expensive but he projects well in playoffs (feisty/annoying, gritty, physical, skill, good skater). Nutshell: I don't want our Habs to trade with Toronto, unless we're ripping Toronto off! (or we get Kadri for our 2017 1st+2nd rnd picks...Toronto will want way more probably, so no deal ; they would want Sergachev(and more maybe) OR McCarron+Carr+1st for Kadri....we should look elsewhere 'cause I don't want to help Toronto with their rebuild).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad