Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Patches for RNH would be a no-brainer...

Galch- RNH as out # 1-2 C for best 5 years would be golden.

RNH is already showing himself to be a very good 2-way C, and his offensive upside is massive... when he hits his peak, won't be a question of how much more valuable he is than a guy like patches

good trade if you wanna make the team worse

i cant emphasize how bad of a trade that is for us

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Maybe Hudon added to Scherbak/McCarron+1st...NO WAY!! (if up to me!). Way too much for JVR, imo. And, why would we want to do such a huge favor for any team out there, especially the Leaves?
(plus, we've been waiting for a 6'6 Power Forward like McCarron...forever ; he's a KEEPER). We're better off with Hudon and McCarron for the 2017 playoffs vs JVR (who is also injury prone). And, ''Montreal'' says Scherbak is also a keeper among our top star prospects. (McCarron, Sergachev, Juulsen, Scherbak).

JVR may look decent/good on paper...but not sure if he's a playoff forward (not gritty enough). Kadri would be more expensive but he projects well in playoffs (feisty/annoying, gritty, physical, skill, good skater). Nutshell: I don't want our Habs to trade with Toronto, unless we're ripping Toronto off! (or we get Kadri for our 2017 1st+2nd rnd picks...Toronto will want way more probably, so no deal ; they would want Sergachev(and more maybe) OR McCarron+Carr+1st for Kadri....we should look elsewhere 'cause I don't want to help Toronto with their rebuild).

Sorry. I meant that we can add Hudon to our line-up...not in the actual trade :D. I agree that Kadri would be really good for us. He'd be able to play 3C and develop slowly to 2C and switch ice time with Plekanec.

RNH is already showing himself to be a very good 2-way C, and his offensive upside is massive... when he hits his peak, won't be a question of how much more valuable he is than a guy like patches

Not sure if I'd do Patches for RNH straight up. We're trading away our #1LW for their #3C...

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Sorry. I meant that we can add Hudon to our line-up...not in the actual trade :D. I agree that Kadri would be really good for us. He'd be able to play 3C and develop slowly to 2C and switch ice time with Plekanec.

Not sure if I'd do Patches for RNH straight up. We're trading away our #1LW for their #3C...

To me you'd trade for RNH to play with Pacioretty. RNH is an elite playmaker and has become a solid defensive player too. They'd be a great fit together on the 2nd line with Gallagher

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Getting the better player often "wins" the trade... especially when you also fill need at more important position.

Add in our organizational depth being much stronger at top 6-9 W than it is at top 6C, and it's a no brainer move for us.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
They need a center with Patch not for him. Otherwise you're setting the new guy up to fail playing with Byron or whichever 3rd/4th liner as his left wing. It's gotta be futures + non-core players if we're serious about icing a contender.

Only way this makes sense is if you have another trade lined up for a top 6 LW.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

RNH is #2 as far as ice time, and that's behind Connor mcdavid.

He's easily a #1C on a dozen teams, would be a great 1B "behind" Galch for us.

Galch - Radulov
RNH - Gally
Danault - Shaw

Gives us 3 solid pairs, with Byron, Lekhonen, Carr, and ideally a top-9 W acquired for Pleks filling out LW slot (hudon, Scherbak, Big Mac & andrighetto providing depth/alternatives at W)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Getting the better player often "wins" the trade... especially when you also fill need at more important position.

Add in our organizational depth being much stronger at top 6-9 W than it is at top 6C, and it's a no brainer move for us.

RNH is better than Pacioretty? Ok, how is he better? Please support your argument with facts.

Last year RNH averaged 19 mins (15 mins ATOI @ ES) a game with 52% o-zone starts.. look at his production.

Last edited:

axman88

Apr 5, 2007

Oilers would want defense for RNH...

Could see a three team deal centering around...

Patches to NYI
Hamonic to EDM
RNH to MTL

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Guys you know that the Habs have 1M of cap space right? 75% of those deals you post wouldn't work with the cap.

I believe some posters simply assume that Desharnais suddenly disappear, with no cap consequences.

I also believe some posters would go as far as making DD physically disappear for that to happen. :sarcasm:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
RNH is #2 as far as ice time, and that's behind Connor mcdavid.

He's easily a #1C on a dozen teams, would be a great 1B "behind" Galch for us.

Galch - Radulov
RNH - Gally
Danault - Shaw

Gives us 3 solid pairs, with Byron, Lekhonen, Carr, and ideally a top-9 W acquired for Pleks filling out LW slot (hudon, Scherbak, Big Mac & andrighetto providing depth/alternatives at W)

We simply do not agree with you... RNH is a no2 center not a no1... he's way overated. I wouldn't trade Pacioretty for him.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Oilers would want defense for RNH...

Could see a three team deal centering around...

Patches to NYI
Hamonic to EDM
RNH to MTL

That sounds reasonable, I think Patches is going to leave the first chance he gets, we might as well get something for him.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
That sounds reasonable, I think Patches is going to leave the first chance he gets, we might as well get something for him.

Yeah, that's the way I see it too. Sounds like Patches is on the way out.

And I'm not even that worried about his crappy play in recent weeks. NHL GMs are incredibly slow to catch up on that kind of stuff. All they see is 35 goals scorer at 4.5M with little term left. He has a lot of value on the market.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
RNH is better than Pacioretty? Ok, how is he better? Please support your argument with facts.

Last year RNH averaged 19 mins (15 mins ATOI @ ES) a game with 52% o-zone starts.. look at his production.

I really get some of the hate Pacioretty gets. He can float and take games off.

But he has a deadly wicked wrist shot and above average two way game.

Oh and he is a 4 time 30 goal scorer. 4 time 60 point LW. And the Captain of this team.

Not trading that for an equally soft player with inferior shot. Whom has still yet to put up big numbers. And has consistency issues.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I really get some of the hate Pacioretty gets. He can float and take games off.

But he has a deadly wicked wrist shot and above average two way game.

Oh and he is a 4 time 30 goal scorer. 4 time 60 point LW. And the Captain of this team.

Not trading that for an equally soft player with inferior shot. Whom has still yet to put up big numbers. And has consistency issues.

I think Max is a little choked because he isn't "the guy" anymore in terms of generating offense. He's been surpassed by Chucky and Radu.

If we can find him a #2C to fee him the puck consistently, of course he needs to do his part as well, I think he could transform back into 30 goal Patches.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Max is a little choked because he isn't "the guy" anymore in terms of generating offense. He's been surpassed by Chucky and Radu.

If we can find him a #2C to fee him the puck consistently, of course he needs to do his part as well, I think he could transform back into 30 goal Patches.

I really don't care about the goal scoring Patches will score goals...
If we retain the Patches who was at the top of the league in +/- I'm good with it.
If we retain the gutless wonder of last year who slipped by -50 some odd basis points He can GTFO.
At least both he and Plek showed they had a pulse last night. :D

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Personally i'm not against moving Patches but the trade has to make sense.. i'd move Patches + Beaulieu for a LHD that can play with Weber and a good LW. You don't see those type of trades happening a whole lot tho.

It's hard to move a player like Patches, you won't find too many players like him @ his caphit.

I still think keeping our roster intact and adding someone like Brodin is the way to go.

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Personally i'm not against moving Patches but the trade has to make sense.. i'd move Patches + Beaulieu for a LHD that can play with Weber and a good LW. You don't see those type of trades happening a whole lot.

It's hard to move a player like Patches, you won't find too many players like him @ his caphit.

I still think keeping our roster intact and adding someone like Brodin is the way to go.

He has one of the best contracts in the league

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

This

If people think Pacioretty is soft....wait till you see RNH. Talented but still weak physically. He makes Cottonelle look like sandpaper

Jul 6, 2016
Habs need a real big 4th line.

Lee from the Isles, Clifford, McCarron should be on that line. They gonna need such a big physical line down the road after Christmas and for the next Playoffs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

When you're contending, getting the player that fills the need, also can "win" the trade. One can't simply look at a trade in a vacuum.

As for trading Pacioretty and the favorable contract he has, it would only make sense that the contract adds to his value so any return on the player may involve getting a better player, maybe salary retention by the trading counterpart on the assets being sent the Habs' way and/or may involve including other assets in order to act as compensation.

It appears to me that the argument of not trading Pacioretty solely based on his favorable contract is not in and of itself, justified. It all depends what the return would be, just as for any other trade scenario.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I think the Islanders are probably the ideal trade partner for the habs at the moment. I think we're lacking sandpaper up front and guys like Clutterbuck and Anders Lee could really help us in that regard.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Trading your captain and one of your core players is not going to happen mid-season so people need to stop with these ridiculous trade proposals. If you think you are a contender you add to your core mid-season not trade a player like Pacioretty. MB is only going to trade fringe players, draft picks or prospects to try and fill any voids during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad