Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:help: Sound like what? I'M actually saying it was a great idea...I didn't think about Scandella personnally.

What is wrong with this board lately? You are bashed even when you congratulate now???? Wow....

Yeah, wth. :laugh:

Regarding Scandella, I don't know if the Wild would be interested in picks, they haven't had a ton of picks in the last few years so their prospect pool is pretty thin. Maybe Hudon + some of our picks could get it done.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
:help: Sound like what? I'M actually saying it was a great idea...I didn't think about Scandella personnally.

What is wrong with this board lately? You are bashed even when you congratulate now???? Wow....

Sorry. It sounded like sarcasm... My bad.

Really sorry... Usually people around don't share the same view as me..!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sorry. It sounded like sarcasm... My bad.

Really sorry... Usually people around don't share the same view as me..!

Okay. No problem. My sarcasm ALWAYS comes with smileys. And your post was a very good one. Just checked, didn't know Scandella didn't have a whole lot of stats right now.....maybe he could be available. Again, good idea. (No sarcasm) ;)

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Okay. No problem. My sarcasm ALWAYS comes with smileys. And your post was a very good one. Just checked, didn't know Scandella didn't have a whole lot of stats right now.....maybe he could be available. Again, good idea. (No sarcasm) ;)

Appreciated! :)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Pacioretty plus ( Beaulieu /pick(s) ?) for Rackell and Fowler ? Ducks need goals. We need a 2C and an unsheltered 3C, as well as a top pair LD. Really weakens LW, but if Rackell can drive the offense...

Shaw..........Galchenyuk..........Radulov
Lehkonen....Rackell................Gallagher
Danault.......Pleks...................Carr
Byron..........Mitchell................Flynn

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Pacioretty plus ( Beaulieu /pick(s) ?) for Rackell and Fowler ? Ducks need goals. We need a 2C and an unsheltered 3C, as well as a top pair LD. Really weakens LW, but if Rackell can drive the offense...

Shaw..........Galchenyuk..........Radulov
Lehkonen....Rackell................Gallagher
Danault.......Pleks...................Carr
Byron..........Mitchell................Flynn

Patch is one of the best goal scorers in the league, the captain (much to the chagrin of some), and on a great contract, you don't trade him to fill out depth. Why do we need to have an unsheltered 3C? Because its not fair that a player everyone hates gets soft minutes? With the team performing how it is we shouldn't try and make a radical move.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Patch is one of the best goal scorers in the league, the captain (much to the chagrin of some), and on a great contract, you don't trade him to fill out depth. Why do we need to have an unsheltered 3C? Because its not fair that a player everyone hates gets soft minutes? With the team performing how it is we shouldn't try and make a radical move.

I don't hate DD. I don't hate Patches.

We are doing very well but it is a Cup I want, not a dandy regular season.

We are weak down the middle and apparently need a top pair LD. What I suggest is not a depth move.

Come play-offs we will need all our lines to be able to kick in.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-will-canadiens-able-get-defenceman/

7. Two years ago, looking to upgrade his blue line, Montreal GM Marc Bergevin traded for Sergei Gonchar in early November. He’s looking again, even before Mikhail Sergachev was sent back to junior. According to a couple of executives, the problem is while there are some available, they aren’t really top four guys — since Anaheim is determined to keep Cam Fowler and Winnipeg’s asking a huge price for Jacob Trouba. So, teams aren’t certain what’s out there is an upgrade.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
First off i not sure if these guys are available but how about Thomas Hickey and Brendan Smith coming to Montreal?
They both are good skating defencemen and are young and cheap.
Do you People think they would be good in Montreal? If so what would be the asking price?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
First off i not sure if these guys are available but how about Thomas Hickey and Brendan Smith coming to Montreal?
Do you People think they would be good in Montreal? If so what would be the asking price?

Maybe on trade deadline if NYI/Det are out of the playoffs. They would be available for a pick(s).

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal

Beaulieu is better than Smith and Hickey is not really an upgrade on what we have

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Interested in Minny's D situation. Any comparables to Spurgeon, Brodin and Scandella? Since they are not contenders yet we can trade for one of their Ds by giving them Juulsen+? I assume they wouldn't want Beaulieu back, as they would most likely lose him at the end of the year anyways.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, wth. :laugh:

Regarding Scandella, I don't know if the Wild would be interested in picks, they haven't had a ton of picks in the last few years so their prospect pool is pretty thin. Maybe Hudon + some of our picks could get it done.

Wild are having a pretty good start of the season, I had them out of the playoffs this season but Dubnyk and Boudreau could carry them into the playoffs. I don't see them selling on Scandella or Brodin while they are fighting for a playoff spot.

I'd offer Beaulieu + 1st/Scherbak + Desharnais @ 50% (cap dump)

The Wild will get Beaulieu to partially replace the part Brodin/Scandella did and a potentially good offensive forward. Most importantly, we don't screw ourselves with expansion draft where we have 4 valuable D to protect.

This trade could only be done later in the season when McCarron will be ready to be in the NHL (as a 3C or a RW) and the Wild are out of the playoffs (hypothetical).

The third line would look like Carr - McCarron - Shaw or Shaw - Danault - McCarron :handclap:

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Interested in Minny's D situation. Any comparables to Spurgeon, Brodin and Scandella? Since they are not contenders yet we can trade for one of their Ds by giving them Juulsen+? I assume they wouldn't want Beaulieu back, as they would most likely lose him at the end of the year anyways.

Right now Minny is in hot waters with the expansion draft, they have 5 valuable D : Suter, Brodin, Scandella, Spurgeon and Dumba.

If they choose to protect 4 forwards and 4 D, 3 out of Coyle, Zucker, Niedereitter and Haula will be unprotected. As well as 1 out of Brodin, Scandella, Spurgeon and Dumba (most likely Spurgeon).

If they choose to protect 7 forwards and 3 D, there won't be any valuable forwards unprotected and 2 out of Brodin, Scandella, Spurgeon and Dumba.

The way I see it for Minny, if they downgrade Scandella for Beaulieu, they can gain assets as well as diminish the expansion draft loss. In the first case, they'll expose the one they like the least out of Spurgeon and Beaulieu and in the second case they kept their forward depth and lose a 2nd pairing D in Beaulieu or Spurgeon.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Wild are having a pretty good start of the season, I had them out of the playoffs this season but Dubnyk and Boudreau could carry them into the playoffs. I don't see them selling on Scandella or Brodin while they are fighting for a playoff spot.

I'd offer Beaulieu + 1st/Scherbak + Desharnais @ 50% (cap dump)

The Wild will get Beaulieu to partially replace the part Brodin/Scandella did and a potentially good offensive forward. Most importantly, we don't screw ourselves with expansion draft where we have 4 valuable D to protect.

This trade could only be done later in the season when McCarron will be ready to be in the NHL (as a 3C or a RW) and the Wild are out of the playoffs (hypothetical).

The third line would look like Carr - McCarron - Shaw or Shaw - Danault - McCarron :handclap:
Thing is Beaulieu is worthless to them. The whole idea of them trading a D is to create a spot on D for the expansion.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Thing is Beaulieu is worthless to them. The whole idea of them trading a D is to create a spot on D for the expansion.

But then it would create a problem for the Habs, Beaulieu would be draft expansion bait and the Wild would still have to expose one of their top 4 D or one of their forwards.

Sending back Beaulieu allows them to keep a solid top-4 if one of their D gets claimed in the expansion draft.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'd take Brodin in a heartbeat, he's a great fit with Weber.

De Haan would be my 2nd LD target.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Scandella or Brodin would be pretty good. Although you could debate if it's really an improvement over Beaulieu or not. Like CC says, trading an LD for an LD doesn't do much for the Wild though. We'd have to either find a third dancing partner or add parts to the deal.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I'd take Brodin in a heartbeat, he's a great fit with Weber.

De Haan would be my 2nd LD target.

Weber should be matched up with a more mobile PMD. Brodin had 7 points last year, you should be able to get more than that by accident when you play 20+ minutes on a playoff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad