Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why would we need a center rental?

A bottom six one at that.

Because we have arguable the worst depth at centre in the NHL

Not saying I would want Boyle...but at some point, Bergeron needs to address this.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's going to be extremely difficult and costly for Bergevin to address our issue down the middle.

Everyone knows thats where the Habs weakness is, at some point, Bergevin is going to have to bite the bullet.

It's like when the Oilers shopped Taylor Hall out of Edmonton for Adam Larsson...when you steadfastly refuse to address an organization weakness via the draft or free agency, you'll end up paying the premium in the trade market.

Kinda easy to trade Hall when you have McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Eberle and Puljujarvi!

What do we have if we trade Sergachev? Ryan Johnston? Joel Hanley? :facepalm:

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:bolts

Mikhail Sergachev
Brendan Gallagher
1st 2017
2nd 2017

:habs

Jonathan Drouin
Ondrej Palat

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Palat-Galchenyuk-Drouin
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Byron-McCarron-Mitchell

void

Jan 5, 2006
If Bergevin does nothing before March 1st, 3PM, he should be fired on the spot.

Sell, buy, but don't pull a status quo and try to convince the fan you're 'comfortable with this team'.

Status quo is my prediction. Either that or a very safe and/or cheap trade. Deep down he knows the team isn't good enough so he's not going to be a mega buyer like Minnesota. There's also no way he'll be a seller since that'd be like admitting that he ****ed up with the roster that he assembled.

So yeah, don't expect anything big on Wednesday. You'll probably see some big changes this summer, though. Bye bye Gallagher, imo.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kinda easy to trade Hall when you have McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Eberle and Puljujarvi!

all the more reason to accumulate more assets then

Again, I fully acknowledge it's not easy position to address, but he's the GM and he's had ample time to fix this issue, he's actually made it worse.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Status quo is my prediction. Either that or a very safe and/or cheap trade. Deep down he knows the team isn't good enough so he's not going to be a mega buyer like Minnesota. There's also no way he'll be a seller since that'd be like admitting that he ****ed up with the roster that he assembled.

So yeah, don't expect anything big on Wednesday. You'll probably see some big changes this summer, though. Bye bye Gallagher, imo.

So In 5 years he hasn't made the team contend and you're saying deep down he knows this?
He needs to be relieved of his duties ASAP if that's the case

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Five years and he hasn't accumulated assets? Who's fault is that?
This mess 2 years In a row is on him

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's going to be extremely difficult and costly for Bergevin to address our issue down the middle.

Everyone knows thats where the Habs weakness is, at some point, Bergevin is going to have to bite the bullet.

It's like when the Oilers shopped Taylor Hall out of Edmonton for Adam Larsson...when you steadfastly refuse to address an organization weakness via the draft or free agency, you'll end up paying the premium in the trade market.

Kind of hard to draft the C we so covet when we're constantly picking in the mid-twenties. Therein lies the problem.

Now we had the #7 pick last year and he went D, which would've become a glaring weakness as well in 2 years. Should we have gone Brown or Jost? Only time will tell.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Five years and he hasn't accumulated assets? Who's fault is that?
This mess 2 years In a row is on him

What assets do you want to accumulate? How do you want to accumulate them?

This team has no assets because when he took the job there was nothing in the pipeline! The guys drafted under his tenure are just starting to get a sniff at the NHL.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
I'm really disapointed in Bergevin for not getting Boyle at that price. Huge upgrade over Mitchell in terms of faceoff %, experience and a big body.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't have paid that price for Hanzal, but I would've paid that price for Boyle.

Even still, I hope we're aiming bigger than Hanzal or Boyle. We need some bonafide top six talent, getting more bottom sixers is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

void

Jan 5, 2006
So In 5 years he hasn't made the team contend and you're saying deep down he knows this?
He needs to be relieved of his duties ASAP if that's the case

I'm not defending him. I think he's an awful GM that should've been fired the moment he even considered trading Subban for Weber.

I'm just trying to figure out what his thought process is right now. Does he buy even though everyone knows that the team isn't good enough? Does he sell and admit that he ****ed up? Or does he just make a minor-ish/safe trade and then tell the press that he "tried" to do more but the prices were too high? The last option seems like the most realistic one to me.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Yea bergevin crapped the bed on this one.

An equivalent trade would have been terry and a second.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kind of hard to draft the C we so covet when we're constantly picking in the mid-twenties. Therein lies the problem.

Now we had the #7 pick last year and he went D, which would've become a glaring weakness as well in 2 years. Should we have gone Brown or Jost? Only time will tell.

The last 2 years, he's managed to add Philip Danault and had some additional 2nd round picks (picks are like currency)

So he's started to do it, but he needs to find a way to accelerate the process.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I wouldn't have paid that price for Hanzal, but I would've paid that price for Boyle.

Even still, I hope we're aiming bigger than Hanzal or Boyle. We need some bonafide top six talent, getting more bottom sixers is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

at this point, I think they have to be going after something bigger... no other logic for not doing a 2nd + rando prospect for Boyle. Would have been a huge help with a weak draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad