Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think the prices will be too high for ol purple tights to make a significant move. Maybe he adds a depth dman like Oduya and a veteran forward like a Sharp, Burrows or maybe Vanek again. He'll probably trade Pateryn and Ghetto as well.

I don't see much on the rental market that can help this team much.

All those players you names are just horrid. I don't know if Oduya can even skate anymore and he's got one goal
Where does he play??

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Well let's take a look. Right now:

Top 6:
Pacioretty, Danault, Radulov, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk, Gallagher

Bottom 6:
Byron, Plekanec, Shaw, Andrighetto, Desharnais, Mitchell, Flynn, McCarron

Lehkonen probably drops down if they get a LW. I'm fine if Byron goes on the 4th line but I still think we can upgrade over Mitchell and Flynn. I would rather have Boyle over those two.

And for those talking about Mitchell and faceoffs, McCarron and Desharnais have been playing C over him.

Well Flynn would be knocked out of the lineup if we acquired said top-6 player, so improving on the 13th forward is not worth much. So it's really down to Mitchell. Can we upgrade, sure. Will it make much of a difference, probably not.

Chances are Boyle will be overpriced for what he brings. And even though he's better then Mitchell it increases our odds of winning a game/series by a pretty minuscule amount.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I see a lot of people do this and I always wonder where this comes from?

I'm guessing it's probably hockey talk and pre-conceived notions.

But maybe something I don't know?

He had well known issues in junior so that's where the off ice things come from I assume but his lack of hockey sense is obvious in his play.

If he had poise and vision hed literally be a superstar. Love his wheels and hands but don't think he's what we need.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If habs dealt with Tampa I could see them going after Palat and Boyle.

Pacioretty - Danualt - Radulov
Palat - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Pleks - Shaw
Mitchell - Boyle - McCarron

or

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Palat - Pleks - Shaw

Option two is a real nice balance. Either way the team is way deaper with those acquisitions.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If habs dealt with Tampa I could see them going after Palat and Boyle.

Pacioretty - Danualt - Radulov
Palat - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Pleks - Shaw
Mitchell - Boyle - McCarron

or

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Palat - Pleks - Shaw

Option two is a real nice balance. Either way the team is way deaper with those acquisitions.

I like the idea of Palat. But to not have him in our top 6 would be a waste

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If Bergevin does nothing before March 1st, 3PM, he should be fired on the spot.

Sell, buy, but don't pull a status quo and try to convince the fan you're 'comfortable with this team'.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's going to be extremely difficult and costly for Bergevin to address our issue down the middle.

Everyone knows thats where the Habs weakness is, at some point, Bergevin is going to have to bite the bullet.

It's like when the Oilers shopped Taylor Hall out of Edmonton for Adam Larsson...when you steadfastly refuse to address an organization weakness via the draft or free agency, you'll end up paying the premium in the trade market.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Boyle just got traded to Toronto.

So a first division rival getting better.

Not sure what the price is, but good for them. They should be adding to try to make the playoffs and get the young guys some exposure and experience to real hockey

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Another player I didn't want is gone.

I wanted Hanzal as a secondary addition behind the addition of a top 6 center/winger

Boyle would have added some size and toughness down the middle for the playoffs.

But seeing the guys go that have gone should be an indication that Bergevin is hunting bigger game

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I wanted Hanzal as a secondary addition behind the addition of a top 6 center/winger

Boyle would have added some size and toughness down the middle for the playoffs.

But seeing the guys go that have gone should be an indication that Bergevin is hunting bigger game

Boyle isn't really tough though. Same for Hanzal.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Both Boyle and Hanzal to me are meh additions.

We need top 6 talent - Hanzal was wayy to expensive and Boyle is a bottom 6 centre. No biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad