Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I don't see Duclair as a Bergevin type player at all. In his draft year he was tagged as having character flaws. Don't know if he's worked through that but his body of work at the NHL level has been extremely inconsistent.

I also wonder why the Rangers gave up on him so soon. I know they got Yandle for him but I find that it says alot.

I say "Bergevin move" because he appears to have no qualms about trading for, or acquiring perceived 'attitudes' at a lower cost and giving them a second chance (Semin, Kassian, Radulov), also reportedly has/had some level of interest in Kane.

He likes to buy low, not saying Duclair would necessarily come cheap though.

Roussel and Shaw freaking hate each other! This would be funny... :laugh:

They've had a couple great fights against each other. Roussel is probably the best in the NHL at what he does.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I say "Bergevin move" because he appears to have no qualms about trading for, or acquiring perceived 'attitudes' at a lower cost and giving them a second chance (Semin, Kassian, Radulov), also reportedly has/had some level of interest in Kane.

He likes to buy low, not saying Duclair would necessarily come cheap though.

Very true.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
He scored 20 goals and over 40 points just last season as a 20 y/o rookie. Of course he has value.

He for sure has value but I think he'd be someone we could get for cheap. Maybe Carr + 2nd for him? Definitely a low risk, high reward situation.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
For once, I agree with you :)

Wow! You know you've finally made it as an HF poster when you get Jaffy's approval! Maybe I could be as fortunate one day! :yo:

Sure, but that badly ?

Anyway, McCarron for him. That's crazy.

Not so sure how crazy it is, they are both the same age and one has shown a whole lot more of top 6 NHL potential than the other.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd like to give Hudon a real shot on our team before giving up on him. Swap him for Ghetto or Carr and that's a done deal

Hudon is still an intriguing prospect. He still has NHL upside. At this point, Ghetto & Carr barely have any mystique has prospects anymore. They've played over 50 games and what you see is pretty much what you get.

I'd be curious to see Duclair under Julien rather than a guy like Tippett.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Hudon is still an intriguing prospect. He still has NHL upside. At this point, Ghetto & Carr barely have any mystique has prospects anymore. They've played over 50 games and what you see is pretty much what you get.

I'd be curious to see Duclair under Julien rather than a guy like Tippett.

For sure! There's no doubt about that. Just trying to get Duclair for cheaper :laugh: and I think Julien could get him being productive again. He uses his size well too!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Don't think Duclair is solid between the ears and I question his Hockey Sense and Hockey I.Q.

I see a lot of people do this and I always wonder where this comes from?

I'm guessing it's probably hockey talk and pre-conceived notions.

But maybe something I don't know?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I think the prices will be too high for ol purple tights to make a significant move. Maybe he adds a depth dman like Oduya and a veteran forward like a Sharp, Burrows or maybe Vanek again. He'll probably trade Pateryn and Ghetto as well.

I don't see much on the rental market that can help this team much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad