Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He can skate just fine. That whole team is a mess. You really want to compare Oduya to Pateryn?

He's got one goal and always injured. You really think this is what the Habs need? Another 5-7 d man? That's where he'd be slotted

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I'm happy seeing guys like Hanzal and Burrows being moved. Those are band-aid players and wouldn't help us win. Let's go for the big impact guys, not 35 pt. players.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Honestly, if that 2nd isn't used to a better end than getting Brian Boyle, there are legitimate reasons to be pissed.

But if that 2nd is sent to get a better player, well...

Well, there's still time for Bergevin to make a move. Now or at the draft. There's also the fact that, bad draft or not, Montreal needs as many kicks at the can as they can to improve their prospect pool. Drafting , to some extent, is a crap-shoot and taking as many chances as you can get is beneficial. Remember, the last awful draft was 2007, and Montreal drafted 3 of the top-5 players from that draft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly, if that 2nd isn't used to a better end than getting Brian Boyle, there are legitimate reasons to be pissed.

But if that 2nd is sent to get a better player, well...

You never know the real circumstances in any trade. Maybe Yzerman didn't want to trade Boyle to the Habs or maybe MB wasn't interested in Boyle. Regardless, Jumping to conclusions and blaming MB on every deal is childish

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's got one goal and always injured. You really think this is what the Habs need? Another 5-7 d man? That's where he'd be slotted

I'd love a 1st pairing D more than the next guy but unless you know of one that's available, I can definitely settle for Oduya, absolutely, and yes I know he has 1 goal. I also suggested they try to get a 2nd line winger for scoring.

To think people want us to trade Sergachev....

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You never know the real circumstances in any trade. Maybe Yzerman didn't want to trade Boyle to the Habs or maybe MB wasn't interested in Boyle. Regardless, Jumping to conclusions and blaming MB on every deal is childish

It's just another reason to crap on him, even if it makes no logic.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Well, there's still time for Bergevin to make a move. Now or at the draft. There's also the fact that, bad draft or not, Montreal needs as many kicks at the can as they can to improve their prospect pool. Drafting , to some extent, is a crap-shoot and taking as many chances as you can get is beneficial. Remember, the last awful draft was 2007, and Montreal drafted 3 of the top-5 players from that draft.

If the team misses the playoffs will Bergevin be around for the draft?? Does he deserve to be?

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
No matter what happens, I hope Bergevin doesnt pull a move trying to save the season by sinking the team long term.

I hate reading that he's shopping Chucky...if thats true.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'd love a 1st pairing D more than the next guy but unless you know of one that's available, I can definitely settle for Oduya, absolutely, and yes I know he has 1 goal. I also suggested they try to get a 2nd line winger for scoring.

To think people want us to trade Sergachev....

Where did I say trade sergachev? Not once. But Oduya is done man. He's 35 and he's slow and inured. Who does he replace? Nesterov? Wow so you want Bergevin to trade for a 6d man

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Burrows really getting a 2 year 2.5 million extension too??? Wow Sens wtf is the logic there

Probably only way they get him to waive his NTC. Wonder if they're giving him that contract thinking they'll make him available in the expansion draft.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Where did I say trade sergachev? Not once. But Oduya is done man. He's 35 and he's slow and inured. Who does he replace? Nesterov? Wow so you want Bergevin to trade for a 6d man

Oduya has been injured this year and he's a solid defensive defenseman, way better than Emelin, Nesterov, Pateryn.

If we're going in the playoffs you want those veteran defenseman and he's nowhere slow as you make him out to be. He's not a speedster but he's definitely not slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad