Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah let’s get Reinhart who doesn’t even play centre and can’t skate. That’ll solve the centre issue.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd like to see if NSH or DAL would let go of Jarnkrok or Janmark for one of our 2nds. Both good distributors and can play all positions and at both ends of the ice. Stuck behind some pretty great depth, I think one of them could fit the bill as the Habs 2C.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd like to see if NSH or DAL would let go of Jarnkrok or Janmark for one of our 2nds. Both good distributors and can play all positions and at both ends of the ice. Stuck behind some pretty great depth, I think one of them could fit the bill as the Habs 2C.
Janmark has flown under the radar but he has pretty solid numbers.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree about only targeting a bona fide top 6C who has no skating issues.

We've already gone the compromises route, it can't happen again.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I like Janmark before Jarnkrok, but can DAL really spare him. Hanzal, and perhaps even the younger Faska may not be more than 3rd line material. Spezza is closing in on Ninety...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Would you trade Pacioretty for a 2019 non-protected 1st round pick, with a conditional 2nd (condition being if the team makes the playoffs the Habs get the 2nd, if not they get a 4th or 5th round pick).

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Would you trade Pacioretty for a 2019 non-protected 1st round pick, with a conditional 2nd (condition being if the team makes the playoffs the Habs get the 2nd, if not they get a 4th or 5th round pick).

Even if management were in full rebuild I would say no. My answer would change if it were a 2018 1st and a 2018 2nd.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
You have to try to get Borgstrom out of Florida if you trade Max there... He's gonna be good!

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

This is pure gambling.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You have to try to get Bjorkstrom out of Florida if you trade Max there... He's gonna be good!

Yes, Borgstrom is the guy I want. What will appeal to MB is he looks like he could step in right away, and that is very important to MB. Given that MB was trying to land Bonino, a 25 point centre over the summer, logically he should be ok with a youngster who should at least be able to do that.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
If MB misses on Tavares, I sincerely hope he doesn't give obscene money/term to guys like Stastny or Bozak. I'd much rather they stink for another year and have a chance to draft a top end center in 2019. The only way out of this mess is to draft and develop their own core. What team in the cap era has UFA'd their way to success? Hell, even pre-cap when the Rangers were buying every UFA star under the sun, they couldn't even make the damn playoffs.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If MB misses on Tavares, I sincerely hope he doesn't give obscene money/term to guys like Stastny or Bozak. I'd much rather they stink for another year and have a chance to draft a top end center in 2019. The only way out of this mess is to draft and develop their own core. What team in the cap era has UFA'd their way to success? Hell, even pre-cap when the Rangers were buying every UFA star under the sun, they couldn't even make the damn playoffs.

Nashville signed Bonino in 2017 to a $4.1M contract. He is a 25 point 3C. MB offered more, but was turned down is what I read.

So be afraid , very afraid.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Nashville signed Bonino in 2017 to a $4.1M contract. He is a 25 point 3C. MB offered more, but was turned down is what I read.

Yeah, I feel a great swell of trepidation for July 1. The aformentioned players are in all likelihood, looking for retirement contracts. Signing a 33 year old Stastny to a 5 year/32.5 million contract seems right in MB's wheelhouse.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
f*** it, lets just throw money at Voynov. If we've already got 15-20 character problems on the team it can't hurt to add another.

We can lead the league in three stats: highest paid goaltending tandem, dumbest management, most character problems- hell, we can even be right up there in the arms race to see who can sign the most criminals!

We won't sign Voynov though. He's too Russian

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
ROR, would be a catch
Not sure how real a dream that is
Probably very difficult.

I’d expect the Sabres would be looking for a top pairing dman as a return, likely with either some term, or at least decent length team control.

By my calculations, they habs have 1 player who fits the bill...IF what I think what the Sabres want is correct.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Bonino at 4.1mil is a little much, but he wasn't signed for the regular season, he was added for his playoffs performance and he's proven again that he is worth it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
**** it, lets just throw money at Voynov. If we've already got 15-20 character problems on the team it can't hurt to add another.

CFE2F4D3-C848-4912-B4C4-81EEC3518715.jpeg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Voynov is such a piece of shit, but I would still sign him at a 1 year deal. We should be looking yo get as many free agents as possible so we can trade them at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad