Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Ok, but ROR can score goals from the wing.

Then, he does sooo much more than Pacioretty. Face offs, pk, general defense and shut down play.

Not to mention the giant discrepancy in contract and team control.

It makes no sense whatsoever. Who trades centers for wingers with worse contract scenarios and get older at the same time?

can score goal but he is not a goal scorer caliber like Pacioretty

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think you can compare someone who have said gay to someone and a guy that have beat his wife...
Exactly. I honestly don't care what one player says to another in the heat of battle in order to get their opponent off their game. Sticks and stones (and in the case of Voynov's wife, fists) break bones but names... yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't buy that Shaw is a homophobe simply because he used the word against an opponent on the ice. You use whatever is handy to get your opponent mad. What happens within the confines of that 200' x 85' sheet of ice is not a reflection on the real world. I don't care if a player calls Subban the n-word during a scrum on the ice because the purpose of doing that in the context of a game is to cause Subban to freak out and take a penalty. What happens on the ice should stay on the ice. But if the same guy does it on the street or in a tweet then the league should come down on him like a ton of bricks. On the ice it's just gamesmanship. Plenty of worse things have been said on the ice, it's only that now we have microphones picking up the audio and people lip-reading. But it's been going on since before Reg Dunlop caused Hanrahan to go berserk by telling him that his wife was a lesbian.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Exactly. I honestly don't care what one player says to another in the heat of battle in order to get their opponent off their game. Sticks and stones (and in the case of Voynov's wife, fists) break bones but names... yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't buy that Shaw is a homophobe simply because he used the word against an opponent on the ice. You use whatever is handy to get your opponent mad. What happens within the confines of that 200' x 85' sheet of ice is not a reflection on the real world. I don't care if a player calls Subban the n-word during a scrum on the ice because the purpose of doing that in the context of a game is to cause Subban to freak out and take a penalty. What happens on the ice should stay on the ice. But if the same guy does it on the street or in a tweet then the league should come down on him like a ton of bricks. On the ice it's just gamesmanship. Plenty of worse things have been said on the ice, it's only that now we have microphones picking up the audio and people lip-reading. But it's been going on since before Reg Dunlop caused Hanrahan to go berserk by telling him that his wife was a lesbian.

I think there are lines you can cross even on the ice and you just hit on a couple.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I think there are lines you can cross even on the ice and you just hit on a couple.
The whole point is to cross a line. If you don't cross a line your intended target won't have any reason to get upset, freak out and take an ill-timed penalty. You check a guy into the boards: no problem. You check a guy into the boards and ram his face into the glass: now you've crossed a line.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The whole point is to cross a line. If you don't cross a line your intended target won't have any reason to get upset, freak out and take an ill-timed penalty. You check a guy into the boards: no problem. You check a guy into the boards and ram his face into the glass: now you've crossed a line.

I dont agree. Neither does the league.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

It's called progress. You used to be able to hit people from behind, or target their head but times change.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It's called progress. You used to be able to hit people from behind, or target their head but times change.
Physical acts such as hitting from behind and head shots are policed because they are physically dangerous and could be career-ending and/or life-altering. Being called a name doesn't do any harm to you unless you choose to let it. Playing sports for money is not for the faint of heart and enduring threats, epithets and slurs is the least of your worries when you're trying to keep from getting your head separated from your body on every shift.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Physical acts such as hitting from behind and head shots are policed because they are physically dangerous and could be career-ending and/or life-altering. Being called a name doesn't do any harm to you unless you choose to let it. Playing sports for money is not for the faint of heart and enduring threats, epithets and slurs is the least of your worries when you're trying to keep from getting your head separated from your body on every shift.

You're naive to think the NHL cares about the health and safety of the players. They care about money, and having people taking each other's heads off every game would cost the NHL tons of money, that's why they police it now but didn't in the past. Because today fans and sponsors, don't want to see someone crippled on the ice. And they also don't want the controversy when players use racial/homophobic slurs. In the ends it's always about money.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
With Marian Hossa set to retire, could Chicago be interested in Max Pacioretty?

Goal sniper on a friendly contract.
Bergevin connection with Chicago.
I would mind picking up another first round pick maybe top 10?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I Don't say that I don't like him but not vs pacioretty

That's fair, I only brought him up since I read there was interest in Jankowski. To me their value is pretty much the same, if not higher for McCann even though he's not the new, sexy toy in the league and has gone a bit under radar since leaving the Canadian market.

I doubt you'd get a blue chip prospect like Borgstrom for a year of Pacioretty though. So in that sense a guy like McCann or Jankowski is a reasonable starting point IMO.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Last summer I thought if we were going to trade Patches for a winger Panarin was the guy. Hawks I thought would have interest as they would both be UFA in 2 years but Panarin was at $6M and Patches at $4.5M. Now I just dont see trading him there.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

That’s actually interesting. Chicago can’t justify tanking just yet.

I’m sure fans expectir

Interesting. Hawks can’t justify another tank just yet.

They f***ed up and paid for past performance.

I’d be very pissed off if I was a hawks fan. And i’d Expect them to make another run or 2.

Let’s see how they play it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Because Tavares is not dumb enough to play on a team with 0 2 good def out of 6
missing 2 top 6 center
awful wingers
no big skilled players
awful GM and annoying fans
no incoming rookies
Snow
hate medias

enough?

There's only on sales pitch here is....immortality and maybe Carey Price.
Having said that, hard to say no to Vegas.
No winter. Fun town. Fun fans. Good coach.
Young group with top prospects coming up. Lots of money available.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
missing 2 top 6 center
awful wingers
no big skilled players
no incoming rookies
Snow
hate medias

enough?
Enough of those kind of comments ? yes !

You don't know Tavares , you don't know what he has in his mind . And you don't even know your own team ; Awful wingers ? really ?
Maxpac=multi 30 goals scorer ,
Galchenyuk one 30 goals season ,
Gally one 30 goals season

Reactions: 417

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Enough of those kind of comments ? yes !

You don't know Tavares , you don't know what he has in his mind . And you don't even know your own team ; Awful wingers ? really ?
Maxpac=multi 30 goals scorer ,
Galchenyuk one 30 goals season ,
Gally one 30 goals season

bla bla bla i bet Tavares want to join a mediocre win so he wont win a cup? no way.
Pacioretty will be traded
Gallagher got 1 freaking season of 30 goals. Gold be a fluke , would not surprise me.
Galchenyuk may be traded this off season with Pacio (most likely) Because Bergevin is 2 much of an idiot to put him Center where he belongs.

Forget Tavares , at this point he should stay in NY OFF team is way better
our team sucks hard and it goes deep in our roots.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
missing 2 top 6 center
awful wingers
no big skilled players
no incoming rookies
Snow
hate medias

enough?

Just because YOU think that doesn’t make it so. Price and Weber are considered as some of the best players in the world at their positions. Not my opinion but the players. Are a player? No, so I’d say your opinion doesn’t count as much as there’s.

Second, we don’t have terrible wingers. We have a top 10 NHL goal scorer. We have 2 other 30 goal scorers and another who’s supremely talented who was asked to play out of position for an entire season.

We have more than enough cap space to pay him more than anyone else can offer. We also have enough cash to sign another 3nd line centre or LHPMD to build the roster.

We’re going to have a top 7 pick and already have some very promising young players coming up like Mete, Juulsen, Lehkonen, Scherbak etc.

We’re the Montreal freaking Canadiens. That still means something to NHL players. He can become immortalized in the winnigest and storied franchise in the history of the sport and help bring this franchise back to greatness on the biggest stage in the country on the most loved team in the country. That’s something a winner wants more than anything.

So to recap, just because you choose to see this team through a negative lens doesn’t mean others share your extremely pessimistic and narrow view point. Habs have a ton of positives that you chose to ignore to fulfil your negative narrative.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Just because YOU think that doesn’t make it so. Price and Weber are considered as some of the best players in the world at their positions. Not my opinion but the players. Are a player? No, so I’d say your opinion doesn’t count as much as there’s.

Second, we don’t have terrible wingers. We have a top 10 NHL goal scorer. We have 2 other 30 goal scorers and another who’s supremely talented who was asked to play out of position for an entire season.

We have more than enough cap space to pay him more than anyone else can offer. We also have enough cash to sign another 3nd line centre or LHPMD to build the roster.

We’re going to have a top 7 pick and already have some very promising young players coming up like Mete, Juulsen, Lehkonen, Scherbak etc.

We’re the Montreal freaking Canadiens. That still means something to NHL players. He can become immortalized in the winnigest and storied franchise in the history of the sport and help bring this franchise back to greatness on the biggest stage in the country on the most loved team in the country. That’s something a winner wants more than anything.

So to recap, just because you choose to see this team through a negative lens doesn’t mean others share your extremely pessimistic and narrow view point. Habs have a ton of positives that you chose to ignore to fulfil your negative narrative.

Great post. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Adding a player of Tavares caliber completely reworked the mentality of this team. Especially with a great young talent out of the draft to go with it

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

1- Weber might be good but alone he sucks , Literally nobody to play with him , including Mete who should be playing in the AHL next season.

2- We have terrible wingers , Lekhonen is a bottom 6 , Scherbak not established top 6 , Drouin not even playing wings , Galchenyuk should be playing center , Byron 3rd liner , Pacioretty will be traded at this draft of this summer 100% sure , ill paypal u 150$ if not .

3- Who cares if we have Cap Space? Price will eat 4m of it , Danault will get around 2.5m-3m. here already 6m down the drain , Also our Third line Center is Phillip Danault , hes not good enough to play in the top 6. Bergevin will sign dumpster players like Jack Johnson , Paul Stastny , Riley Nash , Tyler Bozak and will probably be super overpaid. Forget John Carlson and John Tavares. Bergevin will sign trash 33+ year olds player to keep his job and laugh at us.

4- Who cares if we have a top 7 pick? Except top 3 that prospect wont be playing the habs next season. Also Mete is barely 3rd pair Def right now , So is Juulsen and Scherbak needs more AHL. Also Lekhonen is a bottom 6. stop dreaming he lack skills.

5- Nobody f***ing cares we are the Montreal Canadiens , we are not in 1980 , people dont give a shit about that , they want money , fame and the freaking cup. (except for couple players) Bergevin wont ever be the GM that will make the habs shine again. Its sinking deeper and deeper everyday. Molson is also a big idiot. He should hire a Hockey President above Bergevin atleast. Molson knows batshit about hockey. I know 100x more that Molson in hockey.

6- Im not negative , look where are we going. We traded Weber for Subban , we overpaid our goalie by atleast 3.5m. We Traded Andrew Shaw for Debrincat and Girard. We traded Sergachev our future star Defs For a ''fake french center''. Bergevin is destroying Galchenyuk Career by playing him at wings. Our AHL club is god garbage tier. Our GM is an idiot. We have no good prospects except maybe for McNiven and maybe Poehling. Whats positive about this? This team will finish bottom 10 again next season if no GM is fired and a rebuild is made. We wont go anywhere. End of the story.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

There has been no talk of Hossa retirement and because of contract it would be bad for Hawks if he did retire. He will finish out his career on LTIR if he cant come back which seems unlikely at this point

As for Pacioretty he isn't worth Hawks top 10 pick. The Hawks would get thrashed by fans and media for trading a top 10 pick for 1 year of Max Pacioretty

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Let's just grant this to start: how much longer do you think this will be the case?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't have a trade proposal really. But does anyone know about Jaret Anderson-Dolan? He's a center prospect for the Kings. Everyone had their eye on Vilardi as a center prospect that Habs should get in a potential trade involving Max. But it's been reported that LA won't move him.

Anderson-Dolan is a center, played in Junior for the Spokane Chiefs in the WHL and just got off a 91 point season (40G, 51A) in 70 games as an 18 year old. It's his third season there as he started in Major Junior at 16, where he had 26 points in 65 games as a rookie. He had 76 points in 72 games in his 17-year old sophomore season.

He joined LA's AHL team, Ontario Reign, after Spokane were eliminated from the WHL playoffs. He had 2 points in 5 games and is now with them in Calder Cup playoffs.

He's 5'11" and 181lbs. So he's more on the smallish side. But he's only 18 and can still bulk up a little more as he grows into his man-body.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I don't have a trade proposal really. But does anyone know about Jaret Anderson-Dolan? He's a center prospect for the Kings. Everyone had their eye on Vilardi as a center prospect that Habs should get in a potential trade involving Max. But it's been reported that LA won't move him.

Anderson-Dolan is a center, played in Junior for the Spokane Chiefs in the WHL and just got off a 91 point season (40G, 51A) in 70 games as an 18 year old. It's his third season there as he started in Major Junior at 16, where he had 26 points in 65 games as a rookie. He had 76 points in 72 games in his 17-year old sophomore season.

He joined LA's AHL team, Ontario Reign, after Spokane were eliminated from the WHL playoffs. He had 2 points in 5 games and is now with them in Calder Cup playoffs.

He's 5'11" and 181lbs. So he's more on the smallish side. But he's only 18 and can still bulk up a little more as he grows into his man-body.

He's someone I think is a realistic target along with their 1st

They aren't giving up Vilardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->