Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Their 2nd round pick is almost 1st round. Don't think you'll get much better than that for Patch.
I wouldn't want to use him as an asset unless we get a potential center in return, to me that's absolutely key. I don't care if it's not a guy that's ready to play right now, I absolutely want a potential top 6 center in a Max Pac deal, unless we're losing him for nothing, which isn't the case right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't want to use him as an asset unless we get a potential center in return, to me that's absolutely key. I don't care if it's not a guy that's ready to play right now, I absolutely want a potential top 6 center in a Max Pac deal, unless we're losing him for nothing, which isn't the case right now.

Pax is probably our best shot to land a top 6C, however, unless it's a sign and trade (not likely), I don't think he gets it done by himself. I agree with montreal, no one should be immune for the right price.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Could LA be so pissed off about their performance against LVK that they'd now be open to trade Vilardi for a scoring winger like Pac?

They scored 3 goals in 4 playoff games...

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Could LA be so pissed off about their performance against LVK that they'd now open to trade Vilardi for a scoring winger like Pac?

They scored 3 goals in 4 playoff games...
That would be a terrible move for them. I think JAD+1st as the base could work.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
That would be a terrible move for them. I think JAD+1st as the base could work.

I would also be really be surprised if they would be ready to trade Vilardi, a blue chip center prospect for a 29yrs old winger with 1 year left on his contract.

Would you take Kempe or JAD in a deal for Pax?? Im not sure how high Kempe's offensive potential is??

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We should be looking at 30yr+ assets in the UFA market that we can flip at the TDL for picks, we can pay a little more than others on a one-year deal

UFA players that will sign a 1 yr deal aren't likely worth very much at the trade deadline, even though they can likely land us some sort of pick. As an attempt to keep tanking, sure. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

Longer term UFAs of worth will usually ask for some sort of NMC as they would likely enjoy not being on the move constantly for their final years

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
With McNiven, Hawkey and Primeau in the pipeline and several interesting undrafted FA goalies out there, I would have no problem trading Lindgren but then again I would trade anyone for the right price.

If Don Cherry says that McNiven is gold, he must be ;)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Pax is probably our best shot to land a top 6C, however, unless it's a sign and trade (not likely), I don't think he gets it done by himself. I agree with montreal, no one should be immune for the right price.

Better odds of getting a young puck-moving, LHD with upside that plugs a big hole by trading Pacioretty, plus a decent draft pick. I'm not sure we get equal return for him in terms of a top-6C and a draft pick.

I also have zero problem adding Lindgren to a Pacioretty trade, provided that the player in return isn't a project or a hopeful solution to one of our problems.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Do you mean an established top 6 Centre? Or prospect?
Can’t see any team giving you a 50-60 pt centre for Pacioretty.
We’ve seen through the years that teams with centre depth win cups.
Honestly at best I think we end up with a 1st round pick or a second and prospect.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
FWIW: Found this guy on twitter who spent 6 years as an OHL/AHL scout (so he claims) and dubs himself an insider (red flag right there).

So, here is a nugget to be taken with the usual dose of salt:

According to his sources, the Habs are currently negotiating with 3 teams in order to acquire a top 4D. It would mean that they are planning to take a forward with their (presumably) first round pick and in their dealings, the Habs are not intending on including their first round pick. One is a western team, the other 2 are eastern teams.

Some LD Montreal might be trying to acquire....Brodie,Brodin,Slavin,Muzzin but knowing Bergevin he probably wants one of those horrible contracts from his beloved Chicago.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
FWIW, Part 2: guy claims the Habs and Sabres had a deal that got annulled:

Pax and Lindren to Sabres for Sam Reinhart, Marco Scandella and their 2nd round pick this year.

We can't cross-check any of this so, let's just discuss it as a fake trade.

Would you make the deal if it were offered?

I guess the trade works out as Reinhart and Scandella for The Patch and a 2nd for Lindgren. I would do it. Do you know why it was annulled and who annulled it?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
FWIW, Part 2: guy claims the Habs and Sabres had a deal that got annulled:

Pax and Lindren to Sabres for Sam Reinhart, Marco Scandella and their 2nd round pick this year.

We can't cross-check any of this so, let's just discuss it as a fake trade.

Would you make the deal if it were offered?

I would be ecstatic if we did that deal. Heck, I would trade Pacioretty straight up for Reinhart + 2nd. Adding Scandella whos a good top 4 is just an overkill for the sabres.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm pretty sure Los Angeles, Minnesota and Anaheim will make a few moves this summer, like Chicago did after getting swept. If I'm LA/ANA, I'm keeping one or two veterans around for the foreseable future and trade the rest. Say I'd keep Getzlaf, but trade Kesler and Perry and I'd trade Quick and Kopitar, but trade Carter and Doughty. Dont think we will be in for any of those players, but who know...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

This doesnt make sense to me.
He says the Pacioretty trade for the Reinhart package was supposed to happen at the end of season, but got cancelled by both teams because the nhl took too long to review it.
Why would either team cancel the trade? Its not like they are in a hurry and have something else to do.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

He says the Pacioretty trade for the Reinhart package was supposed to happen at the end of season, but got cancelled by both teams because the nhl took too long to review it.
Why would either team cancel the trade? Its not like they are in a hurry and have something else to do.

When you’re looking for traffic on Twitter, you don’t have to make sense. Just be sensational.

Reactions: Milhouse40

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I like Scandella and Reinhart still has a lot of potential. The Habs have been searching for a center for a long time and his could be a good time with Pacioretty 29 and only one year left and looking for a big raise after. Been a gong show with the media here with him this passed season.

Buffalo could be a bit more under the radar city to play in. Closer to home where his family is from. He has a chance to be captain there as well. Though he would probably end up with an “A”.

I like it for the Habs solving two spots for them with only 1 player going out in Pacioretty.

If the Habs could then look to sign Tavares in the offseason what a transformation it could be in just a few months of offseason.

Drouin Tavares Gallagher
Galchenyuk Reinhart ????
Byron Danault Scherbak
Hudon Shaw Lehkonen
Deslauriers

Scandella Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Mete Schlemko Benn

Price
Niemi

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Before this year how did you feel about Drouin? Reinhart put up comparable numbers on a terrible team. I think he's ready to reach the next level.
It's a positional thing for me, I don't see RW as a need at all, if anything we're mostly set on the right side with Drouin moving to the wing . If we're not using Max Pac to get a potential center than we're wasting our best trade asset yet again. I don't mind if it's not a guy that's ready to play right now but there's HAS to be a center with potential in there. Any other return is unacceptable.
I like Scandella and Reinhart still has a lot of potential. The Habs have been searching for a center for a long time and his could be a good time with Pacioretty 29 and only one year left and looking for a big raise after. Been a gong show with the media here with him this passed season.

Buffalo could be a bit more under the radar city to play in. Closer to home where his family is from. He has a chance to be captain there as well. Though he would probably end up with an “A”.

I like it for the Habs solving two spots for them with only 1 player going out in Pacioretty.

If the Habs could then look to sign Tavares in the offseason what a transformation it could be in just a few months of offseason.
Reinhart hasn't played center at all since his Kooteney days. He's been a RW 95% of the time.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Is there any anonymous, purported insider who has ever come through with anything?

The question mark in the avatar isn't comforting. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do you mean an established top 6 Centre? Or prospect?
Can’t see any team giving you a 50-60 pt centre for Pacioretty.
We’ve seen through the years that teams with centre depth win cups.
Honestly at best I think we end up with a 1st round pick or a second and prospect.

I wouldn't go with an established top 6 center in a trade -- you're going to take on a big salary for a guy who is likely nearing 30. Why lose assets in a trade when you can try and land that type of player for free as a UFA? Try and get a younger player but obviously add what you need to add to make it work -- within reason. I agree that Pacioretty alone doesn't get you a quality center -- he only has one year left on his contract, not gonna happen.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there any anonymous, purported insider who has ever come through with anything?

The question mark in the avatar isn't comforting. :laugh:

I tripled-down on caveats as I knew it was a fishing expedition out into the deep ocean. There are a few "insiders" who use that question mark avatar -- I would have thought they'd have caught on by now that it's not going to help their already tenuous standing. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad