Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Trading Gallagher.... brilliant. OMG Habs fans !!! FACE PALM
There's 2 kind of fans regarding a trade ;
1- those who just look at the player you trade and say "Trading Gallagher.... brilliant. OMG Habs fans !!! FACEPALM "
2- and the hose who look at the return and say " Hanifin, Lindholm, Darling & their first is a very good return ; just do it "

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
The Habs just had one of their worst seasons ever. No one should be safe, and Gallagher will yield an excellent return. I'd start by talking to the Flames, Oilers and Canucks.

Reward one of the few players who has shown heart and enthusiasm throughout a crap year, sounds like an exponent of the "you want loyalty buy a dog" brigade. As if the attitude and morale of the team isn't low enough. Just keep signing prima donnas and mercenaries. Yea team!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Reward one of the few players who has shown heart and enthusiasm throughout a crap year, sounds like an exponent of the "you want loyalty buy a dog" brigade. As if the attitude and morale of the team isn't low enough. Just keep signing prima donnas and mercenaries. Yea team!

I love Gallagher. That doesn't mean I believe he should be immune from trade. The lineup is terrible and we should be rebuilding. That entails moving players with value for picks, prospects and young, skilled NHL players. Value out = value in.

Reactions: Runner77

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
There's 2 kind of fans regarding a trade ;
1- those who just look at the player you trade and say "Trading Gallagher.... brilliant. OMG Habs fans !!! FACEPALM "
2- and the hose who look at the return and say " Hanifin, Lindholm, Darling & their first is a very good return ; just do it "

And those that still ball about Subban right ? Please.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Now you have these imbeciles concocting one-sided fake trades where they have a token francophone player headed the Habs way and using that as their rationale for fleecing. :laugh:

Lol. You are right.

One day I went through proposals on the main board and one after another had crappy trades for us and each had a low quality Quebecois or two coming back our way. It was just an added annoyance.

At the same time I have seen us fans and our media propose stupid trades whereby we get a Quebecois. Other fans read this stuff who also note we traded away Sergachev for a Quebecois winger ( when we needed a centre ) and think that is a priority for is.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I try to look for a real center who's good on faceoffs who could be available for cheap! Any suggestions...
Are you Marc Bergevin?

We won't do your job for you, Marc

1- we're too dumb to understand anything
2- Trades are too hard
3- this isn't PlayStation

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Other fans read this stuff who also note we traded away Sergachev for a Quebecois winger ( when we needed a centre ) and think that is a priority for us.
It is.

MB QUOTE

"Quebec-born players are always a priority, but there are fewer and fewer of them

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW: Found this guy on twitter who spent 6 years as an OHL/AHL scout (so he claims) and dubs himself an insider (red flag right there).

So, here is a nugget to be taken with the usual dose of salt:

According to his sources, the Habs are currently negotiating with 3 teams in order to acquire a top 4D. It would mean that they are planning to take a forward with their (presumably) first round pick and in their dealings, the Habs are not intending on including their first round pick. One is a western team, the other 2 are eastern teams.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW, Part 2: guy claims the Habs and Sabres had a deal that got annulled:

Pax and Lindren to Sabres for Sam Reinhart, Marco Scandella and their 2nd round pick this year.

We can't cross-check any of this so, let's just discuss it as a fake trade.

Would you make the deal if it were offered?

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
FWIW: Found this guy on twitter who spent 6 years as an OHL/AHL scout (so he claims) and dubs himself an insider (red flag right there).

So, here is a nugget to be taken with the usual dose of salt:

According to 4 of his sources, the Habs are currently negotiating with 3 teams in order to acquire a top 4D. It would mean that they are planning to take a forward with their (presumably) first round pick and in their dealings, the Habs are not intending on including their first round pick. One is a western team, the other 2 are eastern teams.

A little early to know for sure what they’re taking, no?

Draft order hasn’t been settled, and who knows how the order goes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A little early to know for sure what they’re taking, no?

Draft order hasn’t been settled, and who knows how the order goes.

I agree. I thought the idea was to land the BPA.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really hope we can do much better than that. Reinhart doesn't do it for me at all.

I wonder what Bergevin turned down as offers for Pax at the TDL.

Should we be reticent to include Lindgren in a trade proposal, if it gets us the player we're after (and I don't mean Reinhart)?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wonder what Bergevin turned down as offers for Pax at the TDL.

Should we be reticent to include Lindgren in a trade proposal, if it gets us the player we're after (and I don't mean Reinhart)?
Nah, as much as I like the kid he's not going to be a number 1 with us, we're committed to Price all the way. If a team is really high on him I'd have no qualms about using him as an asset. It's a position of strength in our organization anyway, we've got 3 other good goalie prospects in the system, plus Fucale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->