Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Just my opinion.

I don’t think Tavares would do that. He can’t officially talk to other teams till July 1st. I think he would want to see what kind of deals teams are offering. And how teams are going to build around him.

I think that’s worth a lot more than an extra year.

Free Agents can talk to teams after the NHL Entry Draft. They can't officially sign until July 1. The idea is he picks where he wants to go, works with that team to come up with an 8 year term with a lower cap hit than a 7 year term contract would have and the team he wants to sign with gives the Islanders something to facilitate an 8 year deal.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Free Agents can talk to teams after the NHL Entry Draft. They can't officially sign until July 1. The idea is he picks where he wants to go, works with that team to come up with an 8 year term with a lower cap hit than a 7 year term contract would have and the team he wants to sign with gives the Islanders something to facilitate an 8 year deal.

Uhh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think it would gut a team of assets to do a sign and trade. Its an idea whereby the Islanders, instead of getting nothing, get a 2nd/3rd round pick and/or interesting prospect, Tavares gets an 8th year with a the team he wants to join and the team signing him gets a lower cap hit than they would have gotten had Tavares signed with them. That looks like a positive for everybody in that situation.

Um. If thats all the Isles get, sure.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Thanks was just coming to ask when it was they were allowed to talk to the UFAs, too bad it wasn't a week earlier. As much as it's a long shot to get JT having Pacs is probably a selling feature but the draft is our best opportunity to move him for highest value, do we go for the bird in the hand or 2 in the bush?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
There’s some real dummies posting habs related trades on main boards. Real dummies. These dummies need to have their dumb ideas vetted here before

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There’s some real dummies posting habs related trades on main boards. Real dummies. These dummies need to have their dumb ideas vetted here before

Those dummies are making the rest of us look like idiots. We should call them out every chance we get. They've created a hoarde of haters that are relentlessly piling on all Hab fans.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The trade and main boards have always been good for "interesting" comments. I remember way back in '04 or so on the main or trade board when some blues fans were trying to convince me that Konstantin Zakharov was better then Andrei Kostitsyn. Or one Hab poster got so much heat for saying that Pleks would be better then Chistov and Svitov (5th and 3rd overall picks) He got so much heat for that but stuck to his guns, posters swore up and down how wrong he was until it became clear he was right.

People give Hab fans a hard time for overrating their players and at times it's going to be true when you have such a large, rabid, bi-polar fan base, but each team has it's share of homers.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember when most of main board said that Brodie>>>>Subban and is easily more worth it considering contracts.

Now you have these imbeciles concocting one-sided fake trades where they have a token francophone player headed the Habs way and using that as their rationale for fleecing. :laugh:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'll probably get crucified for this but:

Gallagher, Pacioretty, Shaw and Lindgren
for
Hanifin, Lindholm, Darling & their first (or Necas)

Logic for trading Gallagher: looking at a guy like Simmonds, it's probably best we trade him while his value it at his highest. His style of play will make him regress in the next 3-4 years when the rebuild will be done.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

for

Logic for trading Gallagher: looking at a guy like Simmonds, it's probably best we trade him while his value it at his highest. His style of play will make him regress in the next 3-4 years when the rebuild will be done.

Elias Lindholm is a guy i'd like to be our 2nd line center...

Reactions: Chris Cutter

ArsHabs

Nov 4, 2017

for

Nope, I think that trade looks great. Lindholm, Hanifin alone would have me jump on that. Necas is a great "throw in".

Reactions: Chris Cutter

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I remember when most of main board said that Brodie>>>>Subban and is easily more worth it considering contracts.

Was even better when Price lost a pool to Hannu Toivonen in 2006. Sadly the pool doesn't exist anymore. If i remember correctly the pool was not even close Price lost it by a fair margin. Toivonen had a great season in the AHL the previous year but I mean Price was a top 5 pick ...

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Trading Gallagher.... brilliant. OMG Habs fans !!! FACEPALM

What’s wrong with trading Gallagher? This team is not going to compete during his prime? If there is legitimate value in trading him, you do it.

Now, If we win the lottery and somehow know we are a favourite to land Tavares, then i understand keeping Gallagher.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

for

Why would you? It's potentially a good trade for the habs if Hanifin takes the next step. You got to take some risks if you want to progress.

I defended Patch many times but he lost a step and he will be 30 soon. I have no doubt he will have some other good seasons in the upcoming years but there's no denying he lost a step. Shaw is a guy you can replace rather easily he's overrated by this board. With AG, Drouin, Hudon, Lehkonen as young wingers in place and with Scherbak showing some positive signs coupled with the many picks we have this year i think we would be fine without Patch and Gallagher specially if we end up with a winger at the draft this year (which could very well happen). Lindgren showed very worrying sign this year. I mean Fucale did better than him in the AHL this year (and it's not because Fucale was good).

Hanifin is not progressing as fast as Carolina probably would want him to progress (he's 21 and at the same age Subban was better than him imo) but he's a good left handed young dman which we need desperately. Lindholm is a good 2nd line center in the making and imo a better option than Danault for this role. Adding a first would be good.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Trading Gallagher.... brilliant. OMG Habs fans !!! FACEPALM

The Habs just had one of their worst seasons ever. No one should be safe, and Gallagher will yield an excellent return. I'd start by talking to the Flames, Oilers and Canucks.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What’s wrong with trading Gallagher? This team is not going to compete during his prime? If there is legitimate value in trading him, you do it.

Now, If we win the lottery and somehow know we are a favourite to land Tavares, then i understand keeping Gallagher.

Of course it would makes no sense to trade Gallagher is we land both Dahlin and Tavares. I mean with those two we would be missing a 2nd line center and that's pretty much it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Why would you? It's potentially a good trade for the habs if Hanifin takes the next step. You got to take some risks if you want to progress.

I defended Patch many times but he lost a step and he will be 30 soon. I have no doubt he will have some other good seasons in the upcoming years but there's no denying he lost a step. Shaw is a guy you can replace rather easily he's overrated by this board. With AG, Drouin, Hudon, Lehkonen as young wingers in place and with Scherbak showing some positive signs coupled with the many picks we have this year i think we would be fine without Patch and Gallagher specially if we end up with a winger at the draft this year (which could very well happen). Lindgren showed very worrying sign this year. I mean Fucale did better than him in the AHL this year (and it's not because Fucale was good).

Hanifin is not progressing as fast as Carolina probably would want him to progress (he's 21 and at the same age Subban was better than him imo) but he's a good left handed young dman which we need desperately. Lindholm is a good 2nd line center in the making and imo a better option than Danault for this role. Adding a first would be good.
It depends how aggressive their owner and new GM is. Francis was let go for accepting mediocrity and their management might want to make a splash with their first move. The owner also added that he wants the team to become tougher to play against. Shaw & Gallagher fit that bill. Hanifin they can afford to trade because of how stacked their D is. Gallagher fills a big role for their team since they have no one really who crashes the net. They get rid Darling's contract and get a good prospect in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->