Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I will be very unhappy with another Shaw like trade. Idiot didn't even wait to see what was available at his first 2nd.
Yes,you don't need to give up picks for players like Shaw you can see those types of players for free on July 1st like...Roussel,Komarov or just go with your own from the minors.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes,you don't need to give up picks for players like Shaw you can see those types of players for free on July 1st like...Roussel,Komarov or just go with your own from the minors.

Shaw has more potential vs Komarov and Roussell and is younger. The only things holding Shaw back is bad penalties which he is getting better at and injuries. If he can shake that, people will start to see how much disruption and space he clears out for others. He is also very good on face offs.

There are way more teams interested in Shaw than most admit. His style of game is sought after and he is only 26.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I actually think Florida is a good destination for Pacioretty. At the trade deadline, them making the playoffs was no where near a sure thing. I can see them not wanting to give up a possible lottery pick.

Now it looks like they will make it, so they would be way more likely to give up that 1st. Pacioretty is apparently ok with being moved to Florida & they have some good depth to get a deal done.

Reactions: montreal

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Prediction
Marc Bergevin fired.

Draft day.

Habs trade Alex Galchenyuk to Chicago for #7th overall pick.

Habs trade Max Pacioretty and Michael McCarron to Los Angeles for Dustin Brown, Gabriel Vilardi and 2nd round pick.

Habs trade two second round picks for the 18th overall pick.

Habs pick 4th overall and selects Adam Boqvist.
With the #7th overall Habs take Oliver Wahlstrom. With the 18th overall pick Habs take Rasmus Kupari.

Out: Max Pacioretty Alex Galchenyuk Mike McCarron 2 second round picks.

In: Gabriel Vilardi Dustin Brown Adam Boqvist Oliver Wahlstrom Ramus Kupari second round pick.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
At the draft, I would trade Pacioretty for a 12-20th pick in 2018, 2nd rounder in 2019, and a conditional 3rd in 2020 (If the team wins the cup or resigns him, Montreal obtains a 3rd, otherwise no pics exchanged). That's Tatar-level of return which makes sense since Pacioretty is older but has better skills.

I then trade Benn and Byron together to a team looking for cheap depth due to an early round exit/barely missing the playoffs in 2018 for two 3rd rd picks (Or a 2nd and a 7th if there's overbidding.)

I look at trading A. Shaw (maybe by retaining $1M on his contract) for 2 2nds, or a 2nd and a 3rd.

That way we decrease the logjam on the wings and can go ahead with a full-on rebuild in a deep draft.

Mtl would have a top 8 pick, a top 20 pick, 6 to 7 2nd rd picks, an early 3rd, potentially two early 4ths, an early 5th and a 7th this year to properly refurbish our prospect pool.

Top 8 you either draft an elite winger or a top 4 defenseman.

Top 20 you draft the best C available.

You use half of your 2nd rounders for Cs, and the rest are BPA as you go deeper into the draft.

Obviously, the 2019 version of the habs will be highly weakened, but at least we'll have something to look forward to going into the future, and we'll have another early draft pick (a shot at Hughes) in 2019.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's so hard to know what the f*** the plan is. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens. Does MB get fired, I know it's not likely as cheap ass Molson won't want to pay all that money for him to sit on his ass. If not what they f*** will they do? Suck again unless Price is back to his old self and letting in 2 or less a game.

if somehow a new gm came in, I would want CJ to be fired and hope they would blow it up. I know it's really far fetched but if they approached Price about waiving his NMC and then were willing to say add Weber in a package along with 4M in cap space for several years since we are talking about over 18M in cap space so if we are talking Price and Weber at 14M a year, wonder how much interest and what the return could be. I know nucks fans will curse this but wonder if they would be dumb enough to be interested,

Nucks -
Price
Weber
4M in cap space per year.

Habs -
Adam Gaudette
1st round pick 2019
Jacob Markstrom (3.66M cap hit)

Gaudette is killing it this year, teammate of Primeau's. Markstrom and say 4M in cap space would mean Nucks taking on just over 10M in cap space but if they thought they can bounce back instead of rebuilding and were stupid enough to take on Price/Weber's contracts on a 4M discount (say 2M a year on each or 3 for Price, 1 for Weber) I know nucks fans will throw up reading this but it's not about them, it's about how stupid or not their gm is. For the Habs it's based on MB being fired since no way does he trade his bread and butter imo.

So for the Habs, too much, not enough. I know this will never happen just thought that maybe the nucks would be one team Price would want to waive his NMC to go to since it's close to home and the Habs could suck for many years to come.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I want to at least get an NHL player back for Pacioretty, or else you dig your hole deeper. Preferably somebody younger, who can play centre, with versatility. Domi, Fabbri, Jenner, or someone with a lot of potential like Borgstrom, Chytil.

I'd consider trading Weber for Seabrook, Chicago's 1st, 2nd (19) and another prospect. I think the Hawks would want him, for a good price. Weber seems like he was made for the West, where the game is played bigger and rougher. Seabrook would distract fans from hating Alzner, with that contract. Maybe buy him out the following year, when CAP SPACE is needed again.

Seabrook, falls down down to #2, behind Petry. With Weber out, Juulsen gets more ice time.

I figure the big off-season acquisitions will be something like Soderberg since he played for Julien, and Yakupov. Maybe a trade for Jason Pominville.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
The problem here is everyone seems to think we'll get top end C prospects or such in return for Pacioretty, which, newsflash, we won't. We have to draft those otherwise the team drafting them puts a premium on these guys. We'll get a much better return if we stick to picks and let the rebuild take place. We have too many wingers anyway for next year. Enough to fill out an entire forward lineup. So we better start selling for picks.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The big risk in not trading Max this year came to fruition...

Gotta hope this injury rehabs well, but either way his currency as a trade chip this summer just took a hit.

Don't anyone be surprised if we end up with a return similar to what Snow got for Vanek a few years back.

Bargainbin continues to amaze...

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The big risk in not trading Max this year came to fruition...

Gotta hope this injury rehabs well, but either way his currency as a trade chip this summer just took a hit.

Don't anyone be surprised if we end up with a return similar to what Snow got for Vanek a few years back.

Bargainbin continues to amaze...

I think they can get value from Florida if they are to move him there. Florida knows they'll be able to re-sign him for less than other markets because of tax breaks, as well as it seems like Max wants to go there.

I can't imagine they'll get Borgstrom, but maybe Matheson, 1st and 2nd (2019) if they make the playoffs. Panthers have some depth on the blue line and could afford to give him up and he fits a need for Montreal. It would be rough to lose Pacioretty without a centre prospect coming back, but at the end of the day, they're really weak on the left side as well.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think they can get value from Florida if they are to move him there. Florida knows they'll be able to re-sign him for less than other markets because of tax breaks, as well as it seems like Max wants to go there.

I can't imagine they'll get Borgstrom, but maybe Matheson, 1st and 2nd (2019) if they make the playoffs. Panthers have some depth on the blue line and could afford to give him up and he fits a need for Montreal. It would be rough to lose Pacioretty without a centre prospect coming back, but at the end of the day, they're really weak on the left side as well.

This is where MB has to do everything to get what we need , and perhaps overpay a bit.

So if Patches alone will not get the C, expand the trade, and at least offer to add.

Nobody wants to over pay, and I am not talking about Hall for Larsson. But if MB has gone through the whole league and the offer is not there that tells you Patches alone falls short. Then add. But this C issue has to be dealt with. If the price is right almost everybody is available.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I actually think Florida is a good destination for Pacioretty. At the trade deadline, them making the playoffs was no where near a sure thing. I can see them not wanting to give up a possible lottery pick.

Now it looks like they will make it, so they would be way more likely to give up that 1st. Pacioretty is apparently ok with being moved to Florida & they have some good depth to get a deal done.

I would love to know what the offer we got from the Panthers for Patch. I would of been all over the unprotected lottery pick and other draft picks or a grade A type Prospect. I would also love to know the gap between what Bergevin was asking for and what was offered.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Hey guys..just for the fun of it....on jase là

Price
Weber
Paccioretty

vs
Draisatl
Nurse
Edm first pick ( Top 7 overall)

Would you do it ? Is Edmonton do it?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Price
Weber
Paccioretty

vs
Draisatl
Nurse

Yes for Montreal.

Hell no for Edmonton, even if they could afford it cap wise (and they definitely can't).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No the team was mediocre coming in. That's on the gm. You expected us to have a successful season?

Disagree. I think if Patch and Price were on their games, we are a bubble playoff team this year. I don't cherry pick my blame... It goes to Bergevin, Molson, Price, and Patch. Players need to show up not matter what. Gallagher does.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Price
Weber
Paccioretty

vs
Draisatl
Nurse

Yes.

Weber > nurse

but getting that money off the books and a top 7 pick is a lock for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad