Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
it's so hard to know what the **** the plan is. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens. Does MB get fired, I know it's not likely as cheap ass Molson won't want to pay all that money for him to sit on his ass. If not what they **** will they do? Suck again unless Price is back to his old self and letting in 2 or less a game.

if somehow a new gm came in, I would want CJ to be fired and hope they would blow it up. I know it's really far fetched but if they approached Price about waiving his NMC and then were willing to say add Weber in a package along with 4M in cap space for several years since we are talking about over 18M in cap space so if we are talking Price and Weber at 14M a year, wonder how much interest and what the return could be. I know nucks fans will curse this but wonder if they would be dumb enough to be interested,

Nucks -
Price
Weber
4M in cap space per year.

Habs -
Adam Gaudette
1st round pick 2019
Jacob Markstrom (3.66M cap hit)

Gaudette is killing it this year, teammate of Primeau's. Markstrom and say 4M in cap space would mean Nucks taking on just over 10M in cap space but if they thought they can bounce back instead of rebuilding and were stupid enough to take on Price/Weber's contracts on a 4M discount (say 2M a year on each or 3 for Price, 1 for Weber) I know nucks fans will throw up reading this but it's not about them, it's about how stupid or not their gm is. For the Habs it's based on MB being fired since no way does he trade his bread and butter imo.

So for the Habs, too much, not enough. I know this will never happen just thought that maybe the nucks would be one team Price would want to waive his NMC to go to since it's close to home and the Habs could suck for many years to come.

Canucks lose a lot of cap space if the Sedins retire. I can see them wanting Weber, a leader on their defense. I think Canucks would offer Tanev, with one year left on his contract. For both Price and Weber, I would ask for Juolevi, and a 1st, which would be a score. Gaudette I don't know, maybe makes more sense. I'd ask for Demko, to have a #3 behind Lindgren/Niemi. Goldobin for sure, as a winger who would complement Scherbak, maybe between a centre obtained for Pacioretty. Say Chytil. Because the Rangers rebuild will probably consist of signing Tavares and Carlson, or trading for Ekman-Larsson, and drafting Dahlin. I would still one off Patches for Domi.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Disagree. I think if Patch and Price were on their games, we are a bubble playoff team this year. I don't cherry pick my blame... It goes to Bergevin, Molson, Price, and Patch. Players need to show up not matter what. Gallagher does.

Bubble playoff team to me is mediocre . Especially after a 6 year tenure where the gm hasent made the team any better . Sorry but the team is mediocre and you can blame patches and price all you want but the D core is pathetic. All this is on mb for you to say otherwise is nuts. The team is constructed in his image and paciorrety was never a player that could put a team on his back

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I would love to know what the offer we got from the Panthers for Patch. I would of been all over the unprotected lottery pick and other draft picks or a grade A type Prospect. I would also love to know the gap between what Bergevin was asking for and what was offered.

Rumours were we asked for Trocheck. Can completely understand why they'd say no to that.

Sounds like Bergevin wants a roster player back. Teams aren't willing to do that mid-season.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Rumours were we asked for Trocheck. Can completely understand why they'd say no to that.

Sounds like Bergevin wants a roster player back. Teams aren't willing to do that mid-season.

Lol that can't be true . There's no way he asked for trocheck or Mb is truly delusional. He clearly hasent watched any Florida games if he thinks patches lands you trocheck

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If that rumor was true... Bergevin is Pejorative Slured. Like I said, I agree with setting the price high but you have a low point and the "warm" NHL body was the problem. Asking a team to trade a current roster player was not going to get the deal done.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol that can't be true . There's no way he asked for trocheck or Mb is truly delusional. He clearly hasent watched any Florida games if he thinks patches lands you trocheck

Agreed. I just can't see that. Asking for Trocheck who is younger and signed for more term was not reasonable.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hey guys..just for the fun of it....on jase là

Price
Weber
Paccioretty

vs
Draisatl
Nurse
Edm first pick ( Top 7 overall)

Would you do it ? Is Edmonton do it?

I don't think you can trade all 3 in one deal, would rather split them up and hope for the best.

I would look to offer up money on a Price/Weber trade since we have it and don't need it while Price/Weber are going to eat up a ton of cap space but if you eat 3-4-5M a year that should hopefully increase their value a good bit.

No the team was mediocre coming in. That's on the gm. You expected us to have a successful season?

I expected them to be a playoff team for sure. I expected Price to kill it, Pac to be near 40 goals playing with Drouin, I expected Drouin to be a 50-60 pt player, Galchenyuk to score 30, Lehkonen to be around 40 pts.

But i should have know that blueline would suck since they can't move the puck and I certainly knew how much the Habs have sucked over the years when they didn't have Markov who i said at the time, losing him was MB's worst mistake, well that or the 2nd re-hiring of Lefebvre but that's more to do with my personal hate of the guy and the job he's done. I don't watch a single non Habs NHL game but even then I didn't think Alzner, Benn and Schlemko would suck as much as they do.

Canucks lose a lot of cap space if the Sedins retire. I can see them wanting Weber, a leader on their defense. I think Canucks would offer Tanev, with one year left on his contract. For both Price and Weber, I would ask for Juolevi, and a 1st, which would be a score. Gaudette I don't know, maybe makes more sense. I'd ask for Demko, to have a #3 behind Lindgren/Niemi. Goldobin for sure, as a winger who would complement Scherbak, maybe between a centre obtained for Pacioretty. Say Chytil. Because the Rangers rebuild will probably consist of signing Tavares and Carlson, or trading for Ekman-Larsson, and drafting Dahlin. I would still one off Patches for Domi.

even if the Sedins don't retire, they should be able to bring them back much cheaper although I fully admit I don't follow the nucks at all and know nothing about what their plans are. I don't see why the Habs would want Tanev since we need youth. Juolevi I wasn't a big fan of when watching Mete, would not be interested in him. Gaudette is a beast and since I didn't think we could get Pettersson. We don't need Demko since who cares who we have as a 3rd string since we suck anyway and if the nucks were to trade for Price, then they need to trade Marksom so by getting him and his contract helps off-set Price/Weber's cap hits along with us eating 4M a year.

Goldobin is ok and I'm sure Galchenyuk would be happy.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd still do it.

Lucic, maybe a guy like Sekera to make it work money wise.

The Lucic contract is tough, cause it has so much term. Edmonton would have to have a deal in place to drop Talbot as well. There would be so many moving parts, tough to do.

However, to get a #1C in Draisitl; I'm doing the move. You can figure out Lucic later.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The Lucic contract is tough, cause it has so much term. Edmonton would have to have a deal in place to drop Talbot as well. There would be so many moving parts, tough to do.

However, to get a #1C in Draisitl; I'm doing the move. You can figure out Lucic later.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well. We have a ton of money anyway, especially if you trade Price, Weber and Pacioretty in one go. I didn't bother with the math, but that might take us under the salary floor, even if we take on Draisaitl's contract.

Then you still have Schlemko that's coming off the books soon enough.

Money wise, it wouldn't be a concern for me. Now, does it mean that trade is feasible, let alone realistic? That's an entirely different question.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
It the proposition Price, Weber, Pacioretty for 2018 1st, Draisaitl, Talbot Lucic, Nurse and Sekera?

That is 23mil going to Edmonton and around 30 mil coming our way.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think they can get value from Florida if they are to move him there. Florida knows they'll be able to re-sign him for less than other markets because of tax breaks, as well as it seems like Max wants to go there.

I can't imagine they'll get Borgstrom, but maybe Matheson, 1st and 2nd (2019) if they make the playoffs. Panthers have some depth on the blue line and could afford to give him up and he fits a need for Montreal. It would be rough to lose Pacioretty without a centre prospect coming back, but at the end of the day, they're really weak on the left side as well.

hope so... though Tallon has been around long enough to know how to smell desperation, the leverage of knowing he has a great shot at signing him in 2019 isn't something that will up his willingness to outbid anyone imo

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe in the summer if the Panthers miss the playoffs. If they think Bjugstad can actually be a 2C or if Borgstrom is ready for the NHL. I mean I still doubt they trade Trocheck for Max, but with an extension agreed upon...perhaps?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Maybe in the summer if the Panthers miss the playoffs. If they think Bjugstad can actually be a 2C or if Borgstrom is ready for the NHL. I mean I still doubt they trade Trocheck for Max, but with an extension agreed upon...perhaps?
Nope no way. VT>MP AINEC. He's the reason why they are in the playoffs or real close.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Well so many rumours over the NHL deadline who knows what was real & what wasn't. That was one of them.

One thing most pundits seem to agree on was MB was asking for a young roster player. The price was high & no one bit.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Well so many rumours over the NHL deadline who knows what was real & what wasn't. That was one of them.

One thing most pundits seem to agree on was MB was asking for a young roster player. The price was high & no one bit.

You mean no one decided to do LSD the morning of the TDL.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If that rumor was true... Bergevin is ******ed. Like I said, I agree with setting the price high but you have a low point and the "warm" NHL body was the problem. Asking a team to trade a current roster player was not going to get the deal done.

Montreal's big problem is that while everyone talks about getting a Duchene type trade, the Duchene trade completely f***ed over the Senators.

Everyone is scared now to go all in like that with a player who is under performing. What if he doesn't play better on your team & it back fires spectacularly?

Don't see it happening now if it was ever going to. MB wants to make a hockey deal, which usually means roster player.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
July 1st, trade Pacioretty with a pre-negotiated extension of 6x6.75 to florida panthers in exchange for Borgstrom, a 2019 1st and Nick Bjugstad. That’s the most realistic return I can think of.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
July 1st, trade Pacioretty with a pre-negotiated extension of 6x6.75 to florida panthers in exchange for Borgstrom, a 2019 1st and Nick Bjugstad. That’s the most realistic return I can think of.
Never happen as Max doesn't have that type of value.

Drop one of Bjugstad or the pick and maybe add a lower prospect and it might imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad