Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
we all know he's going to retool but he needs to be smart about it. yeah good luck.
obviously signing tavares and drafting top 5 changes everything. But they need to have a home run draft-
especially first 5 picks --and Bergevin needs to find a top 2 young C for pacioretty - and yes RNH would suffice for now

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will Snow trade JT's rights around the draft, to give a team negotiating rights to JT? Would MB be in on that?

If not, come July 1 would MB load up his offer to JT with a signing bonus that other teams can't match? 25M the day of the signing?? Higher? The Habs do have money other teams don't and they certainly have the desperation...

he would have to, if you know he's not coming back you have to at least get something for him. what a blow to lose a player like that.

If the cap goes up 3M and Danault gets around 3M the Habs will have 0ver 12M in cap space depending on what the roster looks like.

But I would hate if they got JT unless they really believe Price, Pac, Weber, Galchenyuk, Drouin all will do much better next year and somehow find a way to improve the blueline as well.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Anyone else thinks that signing Tavares would mean Patches stays? Also, I don't think we can resign him if that's the case.

If we keep Max for a year and let him walk it will be a huge error. If we sign him at market value we will regret it. Regardless of what JT does, I'm convinced the best thing to do with Max is to get value out of him for the future. He should have gone last week but alas, that train has left the station.

Reactions: WinterLion

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
What I want.

Trade Patches, Weber, Andrew Shaw ( in a package ). to get young players/ prospects with top 6C and top pair potential, along with 1sts.

I would be prepared to look at moving Chucky and Gallagher if need be.

Yea , means im throwing in the towel for a couple of years anyway. I want a Cup, not one and out playoffs.

What I fear:

MB , who by the way thought getting Bonino was a good idea and offered more money apparently than the Preds. ( too bad he didnt do that with Rads, huh) goes for a half ass borderline 2C/ 3C for centre. Overpays for yet another damn 4D.

So we are set up for trying to hit a wild card spot for the next 3 years until Weber starts to possibly decline with a greatly declining value.

Welcome to the Dark Ages Part Deux. ( from that Charlie Sheen movie comedy ).

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If we keep Max for a year and let him walk it will be a huge error. If we sign him at market value we will regret it. Regardless of what JT does, I'm convinced the best thing to do with Max is to get value out of him for the future. He should have gone last week but alas, that train has left the station.
But with Tavares and a high pick, Bergevin might think that the team could go for it. This would mean Patches gets extended to a terrible contract thanks to playing with Tavares. Or he walks for nothing.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
What I want.

Trade Patches, Weber, Andrew Shaw ( in a package ). to get young players/ prospects with top 6C and top pair potential, along with 1sts.

I would be prepared to look at moving Chucky and Gallagher if need be.

Yea , means im throwing in the towel for a couple of years anyway. I want a Cup, not one and out playoffs.

What I fear:

MB , who by the way thought getting Bonino was a good idea and offered more money apparently than the Preds. ( too bad he didnt do that with Rads, huh) goes for a half ass borderline 2C/ 3C for centre. Overpays for yet another damn 4D.

So we are set up for trying to hit a wild card spot for the next 3 years until Weber starts to possibly decline with a greatly declining value.

Welcome to the Dark Ages Part Deux. ( from that Charlie Sheen movie comedy ).

Would any of the teams that didn't make the playoffs (and thus have lottery picks) be interested in giving up their 1st round pick for Pacioretty at the draft?

I doubt it. The league is getting younger. I'm not sure any team wants to give up say a pick betweeen 8 and 15 for Pacioretty.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
But with Tavares and a high pick, Bergevin might think that the team could go for it. This would mean Patches gets extended to a terrible contract thanks to playing with Tavares. Or he walks for nothing.

No question I could see that happening. It wouldn't surprise me. (IMO it would be a mistake) At this point I'm not really sure what Berg & co. will do. I never expected PK to go and he did. I assumed they wouldn't think of trading Serg and they did. I was sure Radulov would get signed and he didn't. I'd be punting in the dark if I guessed what was next.

I know (roughly) what I would(n't) do...that's all I can speak to. I only get $0.02 for my opinion, Bergevin gets millions....

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
what is going to happen as per my thoughts:

1. at the draft they trade 2 2nd round picks for a low key centre
2. they get a top 6 pick at the draft
3. the keep maxy
4. they try to sign JT and fail
5. they try to sign stastny, but wpg resigns him
6. once again we start camp lacking a #1 centre,
7. as I have no faith in MB getting a centre, we will have that tag forever..

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Would anyone move Galchenyuk for another top 10 pick and a large haul?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The new rule is you can negotiate with UFAs a week before July 1, isn’t it? The only advantage buying JT’s rights gives is you can give him 8 years instead of 7. I don’t think that will be the factor that makes him choose one team over another.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Would anyone move Galchenyuk for another top 10 pick and a large haul?

Stepan got the Rangers 7th overall last year. And he is a centre. I could see a team giving up a top 10 pick, but that is the extent of the haul.

Of course the team we trade with likely will use him at centre and we can use their pick to draft a centre who will take 3 to 4 years to develop.

Funny that.

MB wont trade Chucky for that. He wants somebody for now.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Hmm. Maybe you should talk to Carter Hutton and his league-leading .934 save percentage.

The way the Blues have been playing lately, I don't think he'll lead the league for much longer

0gnYgj7.png

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I would keep playing lindgren and see what we could get for him with the blues

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would keep playing lindgren and see what we could get for him with the blues

They just signed him for 3 years at 750K per. I think if the team plans on being competitive that you need to keep him for at least a year or two. It’s like having an equal chance at winning a game with him in net as you do with Price. That’s pretty huge. You can also trust him to play 25 games.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Get the 1st overall by giving up our 1st rounder and 2 of our 2nd rounders.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
There's also no point in trading up with a top 10 pick. Our prospects are not that good, 4 seconds will help that.

You know what I think is the prototypical Timmins move? I see the Habs having the 8th pick and trading a 2nd to move up and make sure they get Dobson.

Kind of like in 2007 they tried hard to move up to get McDonagh who just fell into their lap anyways. But I see Trevor loving Noah.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You know what I think is the prototypical Timmins move? I see the Habs having the 8th pick and trading a 2nd to move up and make sure they get Dobson.

Kind of like in 2007 they tried hard to move up to get McDonagh who just fell into their lap anyways. But I see Trevor loving Noah.
Bergevin said that trading up is hard, I don't expect him to do it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Imagine if Florida offers a good package including their 1st this year, but Bergevin refuses since Veleno already got drafted even though Kotkaniemi is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad