Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He makes 4.375M vs 3.9M but his deal ends a year earlier. He's a RH centerman and can PK. It's not ideal by any means but he might be a better fit than Shaw due to discipline and being a better C.
Just wondering was is the purpose though? Do we really need a 29 years old 30~35 points center?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
And with this scenario, we are still missing a top 4 dmen, which we wouldn't be able to afford, which leaves one of Benn, Schlemko, Reilly, Vialev, Mete, Lernout or Juulsen in the top 4. We will score a few more goals but will allowed as much. Its still a ****ty team.
Still a ****ty team with the addition of O'Reilly + Tavares + Dahlin ? We will score " few more goals " only ? :laugh:
A team doesn't need to be perfect to be contender . A top 4 d-man missing is nothing that can't be corrected or that you can't deal with . Look at the Pens defensive last season ; far to be perfect but they still manage to win the Cup

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Still a ****ty team with the addition of O'Reilly + Tavares + Dahlin ? We will score " few more goals " only ? :laugh:
A team doesn't need to be perfect to be contender . A top 4 d-man missing is nothing that can't be corrected or that you can't deal with . Look at the Pens defensive last season ; far to be perfect but they still manage to win the Cup
Ok sure!
How do you fit Tavares and O'Reilly under the cap?
How many assets or roster players do we need to trade to make it happen?
What about after next year when Pacioretty, Byron, Scherbak, Hudon, Lehkonen and Reilly need to be resigned?
So you are going all in for one season following a 28th overall finish?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
ROR would be interesting, but MB better not trade our #1 pick this year, we earned that, by sucking

100% agree. This team isn’t going to contend again until they draft and develop elite talent. They need to restock their prospect pool, and it’s going to take a few years to do it properly. This team is so far away from contending right now against top teams.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
100% agree. This team isn’t going to contend again until they draft and develop elite talent. They need to restock their prospect pool, and it’s going to take a few years to do it properly. This team is so far away from contending right now against top teams.
Tavares and ROR are elite talent but both will cost 20mil!
When is the last time we drafted players that turned into elite talent? 10+ years ago with Subban, Price and Pacioretty. 10 f***ing years!!!

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Ok, this is dependant on us winning the lottery....

To Florida
Pacioretty

To MTL
Bjudstad, 2018 1st

To Buffalo
2018 1st (FLA), Mete, Mccarron

To MTL
ROR

Sign CDH
Buyout Alzner

Drouin-ROR-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Bjudstad-Lehkonen
Hudon-Danault-Scherbak
Deslaurier-DLR-Byron
Shaw

Dahlin-Weber
CDH-Petry
Reilly-Benn/Juulsen

Jul 6, 2016
Ok, this is dependant on us winning the lottery....

To Florida
Pacioretty

To MTL
Bjudstad, 2018 1st

To Buffalo
2018 1st (FLA), Mete, Mccarron

To MTL
ROR

Sign CDH
Buyout Alzner

Drouin-ROR-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Bjudstad-Lehkonen
Hudon-Danault-Scherbak
Deslaurier-DLR-Byron
Shaw

Dahlin-Weber
CDH-Petry
Reilly-Benn/Juulsen

He is a third line centerman at best. I want Trocheck, minimum from Florida

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Tavares and ROR are elite talent but both will cost 20mil!
When is the last time we drafted players that turned into elite talent? 10+ years ago with Subban, Price and Pacioretty. 10 ****ing years!!!

Substract Plekky's salary + Patches salary (Or Galchy's) + the 8 M$ that were available last Fall, and cut some deadwood on D, and you will get those 20M $ And IF they could trade Price, that would help too.

Habs need centermen NOW.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Substract Plekky's salary + Patches salary (Or Galchy's) + the 8 M$ that were available last Fall, and cut some deadwood on D, and you will get those 20M $

Habs need centermen NOW.
I really dont understand why would we want to do this. What quality prospect on ELC are on the team or close to make the team who will have an major impact on this team? We have none and it's with those top 4 dmen and top 6-9 forward that you win cups.
Our cup window is gone and its time to rebuild.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It's unlikely, but there's no disputing we'd be contenders with JT, ROR, and Dahlin.

Paciorettty-Tavares-Gallagher
Drouin-O'Reilly-Galchenyuk
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-DLR-DLO

Dahlin-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

Jul 6, 2016
I really dont understand why would we want to do this. What quality prospect on ELC are on the team or close to make the team who will have an major impact on this team? We have none and it's with those top 4 dmen and top 6-9 forward that you win cups.
Our cup window is gone and its time to rebuild.

I hate that form of thinking. Most of our forwards are 25 or less.

And don't tell me that the 16 teams making the Playoffs this year are all in their "Cup Window".

Montreal came from 100 points season to the cave in one season. Colorado went from dead last to make the Playoffs this year. Anything can happen in a short while.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

And don't tell me that the 16 teams making the Playoffs this year are all in their "Cup Window".

They have better teams, better players, better GMs, better prospects, better farm systems...
There is a reason why we are 28th overall and Laval dead last in the AHL. Its because we suck and we need a total and complete rebuild. Its right there in everyone's face to see.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Montreal came from 100 points season to the cave in one season. Colorado went from dead last to make the Playoffs this year. Anything can happen in a short while.

A 100 point season where they lost in the 1st round.

Whose the Habs MacKinnon who is going to score 90+ points and be a Hart contender next year? Who is equal to Rantanen who can put up 84+ points. A big reason they turned it around so fast is because of their top elite draft picks who made the next step.

And Colorado snuck into the playoffs. I wouldn’t consider them contenders.

Montreal can’t beat the top teams and don’t have the elite talent in their system to beat them in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
A 100 point season where they lost in the 1st round.

Whose the Habs MacKinnon who is going to score 90+ points and be a Hart contender next year? Who is equal to Rantanen who can put up 84+ points.

And Colorado snuck into the playoffs. I wouldn’t consider them contenders.

Montreal can’t beat the top teams and don’t have the elite talent in their system to beat them in the future.
But with a good attitude anything can happen in the playoffs...f*** me!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
We'd be contenders for the next half decade...

Cap Space.

Already a bit over, and that's if you trade Schlemko and Shaw for picks.

If they add Tavares, Dahlin and O'Reilly, then Max will likely be gone. He'd be needed, directly or indirectly, to acquire O'Reilly and they'd need to clear the cap space.

Expiring contracts:
2019 - Max
2020 - Chucky
2021 - Dahlin, Gallagher

If the cap keeps going up, they might be okay, but they probably don't want to rely on that with too many long-term contracts.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's unlikely, but there's no disputing we'd be contenders with JT, ROR, and Dahlin.

Even if the cap went to 80M, that lineup would have about 16.5M in cap space to add Danault, JT, ROR and Dahlin. So if JT gets 11M you can fit Danault and Dahlin maybe, unless you can trade Schlemko, Benn, Scherbak to save 4M. But then you still need spare players.

As for contenders, they won't be if Price is letting in 3 goals per game. If he's back around his usual 2 or 2.25 then they should make the playoffs for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad