Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
I hate that form of thinking. Most of our forwards are 25 or less.

And don't tell me that the 16 teams making the Playoffs this year are all in their "Cup Window".

Montreal came from 100 points season to the cave in one season. Colorado went from dead last to make the Playoffs this year. Anything can happen in a short while.

That's why I'd go after Rick Nash

Reactions: stanley25

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
It's unlikely, but there's no disputing we'd be contenders with JT, ROR, and Dahlin.

Paciorettty-Tavares-Gallagher
Drouin-O'Reilly-Galchenyuk
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-DLR-DLO

Dahlin-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

Agreed but who are you trading for ror ( too lazy to look at your previous posts). Our 1st?

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
If we dont get tavares and dont draft in the top 5 would guys trade our 1st for ror and get:

Drouin 5.5m -ror 7.5m -chucky 4.9m
Pacioretty 4.5m -statsny 6m -gallagher 3.75m
Lek .839m -danault 3.5m -sherbak .863m
Delaurier .950m -de la rose .85m -shaw 3.9m

X-weber 7.86m
Mete .748m -petry 5.5m
Alzner 4.63m -juulsen .863m

Price 10.5m
Lindgren .75m
Forwards: 43.052 mil
Defence: 19.601 mil
Goalie: 11.25 mil

Total: 73.903 mil

Which would give us 6.097 mil to sign a ld/13f/7d. If we could offer buffalo more to retain 15%(1.125m) or 20% (1.5m) we'd be in great shape with only patches, lekhonen, sherbak and byron to sign next year.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I hate that form of thinking. Most of our forwards are 25 or less.

And don't tell me that the 16 teams making the Playoffs this year are all in their "Cup Window".

Montreal came from 100 points season to the cave in one season. Colorado went from dead last to make the Playoffs this year. Anything can happen in a short while.

They're not. Most of them are just there to lose. This is why the ''anything can happen'' mindset is stupid.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If we dont get tavares and dont draft in the top 5 would guys trade our 1st for ror and get:

Drouin 5.5m -ror 7.5m -chucky 4.9m
Pacioretty 4.5m -statsny 6m -gallagher 3.75m
Lek .839m -danault 3.5m -sherbak .863m
Delaurier .950m -de la rose .85m -shaw 3.9m

X-weber 7.86m
Mete .748m -petry 5.5m
Alzner 4.63m -juulsen .863m

Price 10.5m
Lindgren .75m
Forwards: 43.052 mil
Defence: 19.601 mil
Goalie: 11.25 mil

Total: 73.903 mil

Which would give us 6.097 mil to sign a ld/13f/7d. If we could offer buffalo more to retain 15%(1.125m) or 20% (1.5m) we'd be in great shape with only patches, lekhonen, sherbak and byron to sign next year.

That lineup maybe gets them into a wildcard spot. Boston, Toronto, and TB are all better. Most likely get bounced out in the first round if that happens. Still can’t compete against the top teams in the NHL.

Their prospect pool again would be one of the worst in the NHL with zero elite talent.

I don’t think people understand how truly bad Montreal was this season against the top teams. It’s going to take a lot to compete with them. Quick fixes like this one are not going to do it.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
That lineup maybe gets them into a wildcard spot. Boston, Toronto, and TB are all better. Most likely get bounced out in the first round if that happens. Still can’t compete against the top teams in the NHL.

Their prospect pool again would be one of the worst in the NHL with zero elite talent.

I don’t think people understand how truly bad Montreal was this season against the top teams. It’s going to take a lot to compete with them. Quick fixes like this one are not going to do it.

I agree, but I dont think we're as bad as most people think either. A healthy price and Weber make a big difference and placing drouin on the wing and having a competent and defensively liable center will help alot.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I agree, but I dont think we're as bad as most people think either. A healthy price and Weber make a big difference and placing drouin on the wing and having a competent and defensively liable center will help alot.

Maybe, but with Weber they were 10-13-3, on track for 73 points (they finished with 71). They didn’t win their first game against a playoff team until a month into the season.

They got shutout 12 times, 1 goal or less 27 times.

They played playoff teams 43 times this season and had a whopping 8 wins. They were 13-1 against Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit, and Vancouver though.

And Weber, Price, and Pacioretty will all be a year older and they have zero elite prospects coming to help them. Their prospect pool was ranked 28/31.

Enough with the quick fixes, rebuild properly and maybe draft a player that could put up 70 points or more, something a Hab player hasn’t done in a decade.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Maybe, but with Weber they were 10-13-3, on track for 73 points (they finished with 71). They didn’t win their first game against a playoff team until a month into the season.

They played playoff teams 43 times this season and had a whopping 8 wins.

And Weber, Price, and Pacioretty will all be a year older and they have zero elite prospects coming to help them. Their prospect pool was ranked 28/31.

Enough with the quick fixes, rebuild properly and maybe draft a player that could put up 70 points or more, something a Hab player hasn’t done in a decade.
Couldn't agree more with you. A full rebuild while only keeping guys 23 and under is the way I'd go. Especially with this year and next years drafts supposed to be good ones.

However after hearing all the pressers this will not happen so I'm trying to think of what could realisticaly be done as I believe we have no chance at tavares unless we win the lottery.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
You sound just like the purple clown.
What's with the hating? I agreed a rebuild is what's needed but there's no point in debating what we all know wont happen so I'm just trying to think of valid alternatives. Trust me I'm in no way a bergevin fan.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
What's with the hating? I agreed a rebuild is what's needed but there's no point in debating what we all know wont happen so I'm just trying to think of valid alternatives. Trust me I'm in no way a bergevin fan.
There are no valid alternatives with MB at the helm, none, it's a hopeless situation, you are just getting your hopes up by dreaming up these scenarios, most of us are way past that, we are at the acceptance stage, just trying to get you there faster.
Did you even watch his presser? Most of our players probably hate him at this point, especially Carey despite the crazy deal he was handed.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009

They played playoff teams 43 times this season and had a whopping 8 wins. They were 13-1 against Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit, and Vancouver though.

This sums up the situation we are in so well. We need to re-stock the cupboards!

To play devil's advocate though, if you presented this to Bergevin he would simply say that if Price is Price we win a lot more games. It is technically true but it means that - a) the teams is bad such that we can't win without a vezina winner in net and b) the GM finds this situation to be reasonable which means c) we are screwed unless Price re-gains his form and this is far from certain given d) the way he played this year and the "diagnosis".

Damn rabbit hole of despair.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Judging by this comment, you haven't watched O'Reilly at all. O'Reilly is light years away from anything we have in the organization. And if you even do the least amount of research, you'd see that O'Reilly is amongst the best centers of the league. Sure, he isn't Crosby or McDavid and won't score 90 pts but no center we can get will score that. There is certainly no center prospect that has that potential this year.

Dont know what you're talking about attitude wise. We need MORE vocal players that can produce results on ice. That was Subbans number one quality.

So again,who cares about a pick that cant getus a center. We can draft top 3 for 3 years ,never draft a center and still be in the same spot. You cant win cups without centers.
ROR but not at price of our first pick. Too much difference in age, 9 years of control we lose. That pick be a #1 defenseman.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Hey any interest in
If Montreal doesn't win the draft they are looking at something like 5OA

ROR + 32nd pick for Galchenyuk + 5OA

The 32nd pick is almost a 1st round pick given you could easily grab a guy who fell out of the first at 32nd I also see during the season Galchenyuk was in most Montreal trade proposals.

close?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There are no valid alternatives with MB at the helm, none, it's a hopeless situation, you are just getting your hopes up by dreaming up these scenarios, most of us are way past that, we are at the acceptance stage, just trying to get you there faster.
Did you even watch his presser? Most of our players probably hate him at this point, especially Carey despite the crazy deal he was handed.
Agreed...there is no way out for the Habs, if they continue to let MB stay in control...none.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
not happening.

they didnt play Drouin at C every single game of the season just to put him at LW the following season...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Hey any interest in

The 32nd pick is almost a 1st round pick given you could easily grab a guy who fell out of the first at 32nd I also see during the season Galchenyuk was in most Montreal trade proposals.

close?

Get out.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Hey any interest in

close?

Nah. I don't see it as being coherent with our overall goal. I think we trade Pacioretty to get back another 1st and a prospect. We need a big ''lump of talent'' coming in all around the same age, and trading away Galchenyuk and our 5th overall for an older, albeit superior player, seems antithetical to our purposes.

Same reasoning I received in rejection of my proposal to trade Pacioretty to NYR for Chytil and their 1st in about December.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Hey any interest in

close?

No from me. Don’t want the Habs to trade that top pick for O’Reilly alone (I’ve stated my reasons in this thread already (similar to the above post)), as well as Galchenyuk for a top 2nd round pick, which is terrible.

BTW I think ROR is a very good player, just not the direction I want to see the Habs go. They need to start drafting and developing talent.

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty straight up for O Reilly.

Otherwise I have absolutely zero interest, and neither should anyone else. Ideally we trade Pacioretty for another first round pick and we start the retool.

O Reilly just prolongs the mediocrity, unless like I said before we get Tavares and O Reilly is the 2C.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Are you planning on using magic beans to get Oreilly?
Yeah and they're called Scherbak, Benn, Schlemko, A. Shaw and to really help seal the deal L. Shaw. (Take note they're not in his lineup.) If the Sabers like strawberries with their beans, he's willing to include Froese. That would be the cherry on a bean-strawberry cake. Magical indeed.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I wonder if The Idiot will really address this team's weaknesses in the off season? My instincts tell me he won't - not in our eyes anyway.

If I were in his Gucci loafers with laces I would make sure I sign Tavares then get either Stastny or Bozak under contract for the #2 spot. Then I would package Captain Ready for that top pair left PMD. Unload any or all of the dead weight on the NHL bubble to help with the cap space. And most importantly sign Niemi. Lindgren is not ready and who knows if he'll ever be ready and quite honestly I'm tried of lining up the Price duck with the rest of the team's ducks. Niemi is more than an adequate starter. Best case scenario if Price returns to some semblance of himself don't overplay him during the regular season. Give Niemi 35-37 games. Keep Price alert but fresh with 47-45 regular season games. If Price craps the bed you can always defer to Aunty Mimi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->