Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
"Why should I compare Price to a similar goalie being paid similar money who had a similar season?". Because it's so obvious that Holtby actually had a defense in front of him and still sucked while Price only had Petry.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They both suck. I’m not denying this. Eriksoon is also making 1.25 more
If you’re ok with Erikkson at 6million for 4 more years than surely you’re ok with Stasny at 7million for 4-5 year. He’s a better player and a centre
Btw I don’t want Stastny
No I am not. Both Alzner and Ericksson have negative value whereas signing a player to a horrific contract is creating ANOTHER negative value.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
agreed, but aside from this past season, since the lockout he's had save % of .927, .923, .933, and .934 so the the question is was it just an off year for him or say health problem vs can he get back to that level. We'll find out in a few months.
I think price will bounce back. He’s too good not too
I just don’t want him to mask more holes. We need to add legit centres or just blow this team up

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think price will bounce back. He’s too good not too
I just don’t want him to mask more holes. We need to add legit centres or just blow this team up

I think Price bounces back but to what degree. As for adding legit centers vs blowing it up, don't think they will do either. They haven't been able to get legit centers and I think MB would have to be fired before he would blow up the team.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Please tell me what Alzner does well.
There's nothing this guy does well, he's a minute eater and never injured. He's just steady.

Will kill penalties and and do a decent job at preventing goals.

I mean maybe some of you had some crazy expectations or something... I knew what we got and I wasn't extremely disappointed.

The whole team looked like crap, and it's not a guy like Alzner that I would blame for this horrible season.

He was not good but he's not a difference maker, the team sucked because the top players sucked.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think Price bounces back but to what degree. As for adding legit centers vs blowing it up, don't think they will do either. They haven't been able to get legit centers and I think MB would have to be fired before he would blow up the team.
Then there’s no point in keeping Price or Weber.
This two are still terrific players but they’re in their 30s now
You either surround these guys with talent or you have to trade them for picks and prospects
We can’t wait 4 years to have a good team when you have these 2 guys. It’s win now or blow it up

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
There's nothing this guy does well, he's a minute eater and never injured. He's just steady.

Will kill penalties and and do a decent job at preventing goals.

I mean maybe some of you had some crazy expectations or something... I knew what we got and I wasn't extremely disappointed.

The whole team looked like crap, and it's not a guy like Alzner that I would blame for this horrible season.

He was not good but he's not a difference maker, the team sucked because the top players sucked.
Paid $23M over 5 years to not be a "difference maker"

That's a solid investment for a guy that does nothing well, but being a minute eater and never injured

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From a money standpoint I wouldn't do it. Eriksson is owed 20M vs Alzner who's owed 16.625M so 3.375M more in salary and 1.375M in cap space per year (4 years) I wouldn't want another winger but he might be a good linemate for DLR in a 3rd line role.

It would depend on what other advantage we could pry by adding Eriksson. One for one wouldn't make any sense.

Reactions: groovejuice

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Paid $23M over 5 years to not be a "difference maker"

That's a solid investment for a guy that does nothing well, but being a minute eater and never injured
Again, you guys just see flashy plays and nice passes, it's the same with a guy like Plekanec.

Ohhhh he can't score anymore...He's trash!

Coaches have another idea.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Scoring chances against:

Petry 596
Benn 550
Alzner 531
Not sure what your point is. Perry was excellent this year, you couldn't ask him to do any more. Being the #1 dman and only top 4 dman will obviously result in some bad stats. And you won't get any argument from me with Benn, he was also awful. However, he doesnt have a brutal contract.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Not sure what your point is. Perry was excellent this year, you couldn't ask him to do any more. Being the #1 dman and only top 4 dman will obviously result in some bad stats. And you won't get any argument from me with Benn, he was also awful. However, he doesnt have a brutal contract.
Petry was good offensively but he was not so good defensively.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Would the Islanders give up one of their 1sts for Petry?

They got a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad