Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread -- Expect the Unexpected June 2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
After the Schenn trade how about 2 1st and Galley for Matt Duchene ?

I'm not sure what the love affair with Duchene is, but personally I don't value him nearly that high. I'd much rather trade for a guy like Mikael Backlund. Good all round centre on a nice contract. I'd use Gallagher as the main piece, assuming Radulov gets signed.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
We have a pretty good asset that we can sell at a high....Paul Byron.

Love the guy, he adds tremendous depth, but can he repeat last years totals in a diminished role? He won't be in our top 6.

He could be the tipping point in a trade.

Like Brent Gilchrist in the Damphousse trade. Hated losing him at the time but inconsequential in hindsight.

You have a good point.

sureloss

Jan 5, 2006
Chris Johnson of Sportsnet on Calgary radio says he heard the Habs were close to acquiring the rights to Karl Alzner at the draft, but it fell through because Alzner was not willing to sign a contract right away. He said Alzner is interested in Montreal but wants to test the market.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Chris Johnson of Sportsnet on Calgary radio says he heard the Habs were close to acquiring the rights to Karl Alzner at the draft, but it fell through because Alzner was not willing to sign a contract right away. He said Alzner is interested in Montreal but wants to test the market.

Alzner? The Habs don't have a Carlson to make him look good. I guess he would be decent with Petry.

What's this obsession for a Scandella/Alzner type? Need a mobile puckmover.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014

I don't really like Alzner that much. He will probably be overpaid.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Alzner? The Habs don't have a Carlson to make him look good. I guess he would be decent with Petry.

What's this obsession for a Scandella/Alzner type? Need a mobile puckmover.

Don't forget we also tried to get Methot. I really don't get it either.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Oshie was just signed for 8 years so I doubt Radulov will want less than 7 years since caps were willing to give that term.

It will come down to:

Get a Center from UFA and retain Chucky

Or

Trade Chucky for a Center and sign Radulov

Mind you, it won't be for a Center a la Duchesne, we won't be able to fit it under the cap.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Get Price to convince jumbo Joe and Marleau to come here for one season. Sign Rads and get that D like Shattenkirk or Trouba.

Patches Jumbo Rads
Marleau Chucky Drouin
Lehkonen Plex Gally
Byron Danault McCarron

Trouba Weber
Markov Petry
Schlemko Benn
Davidson

Price

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006

If we must make a choice between Alzner and Markov....our defense is getting old...if Alzner really does have the interest and we can sign him for under $4.5M then sorry Marky

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Get Price to convince jumbo Joe and Marleau to come here for one season. Sign Rads and get that D like Shattenkirk or Trouba.

Patches Jumbo Rads
Marleau Chucky Drouin
Lehkonen Plex Gally
Byron Danault McCarron

Trouba Weber
Markov Petry
Schlemko Benn
Davidson

Price

I agree then trade shaw and a pick or prospect for kovalchuk

pac-big joe-rads
kovalchuk-drouin-galchenyuk

wow

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I agree then trade shaw and a pick or prospect for kovalchuk

pac-big joe-rads
kovalchuk-drouin-galchenyuk

wow

Drouin at centre is not likely a wow. Kovalchuk is unnecessary now with the signing of Drouin, unless Pacioretty is moved for a centre. I also sincerely doubt that Thornton would sign in Montreal.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I'm not sure what the love affair with Duchene is, but personally I don't value him nearly that high. I'd much rather trade for a guy like Mikael Backlund. Good all round centre on a nice contract. I'd use Gallagher as the main piece, assuming Radulov gets signed.

I don't love MD that much either and see him more as W/C like Schenn/AG.

But just spitballing an idea based of the Schenn deal. I see them as pretty similar players so I see the price would be about the same as well.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Patches Jumbo Rads
Marleau Chucky Drouin
Lehkonen Plex Gally
Byron Danault McCarron

Trouba Weber
Markov Petry
Schlemko Benn
Davidson

Price

Lol what?!?

1. You can't afford Thornton and Marleau.
2. How did you acquire Trouba for nothing?
3. Schlemko was picked by Vegas from the Sharks, not by the Habs.
4. Where is Shaw?

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't love MD that much either and see him more as W/C like Schenn/AG.

But just spitballing an idea based of the Schenn deal. I see them as pretty similar players so I see the price would be about the same as well.

I wouldn't mind Duchene, Scrub. Just not at the asking price. Pleks is the is odd man out. Danault was to take over Eller's spot, which should be Plekanec's now. Trade Pleks for a pick or a prospect, retaining some salary. Keep Galchenyuk at centre, Danault is 3C, and we need only one centre. We could move either Gallagher or Pacioretty for that player, depending if it's for a 1C or 2C.

Worst case is Danault becomes 2C behind Galchenyuk and DLR or McCarron is 3C. Obviously, that's not the best option at this time.

That's why I've been suggesting Backlund, who would be a fine 2C IMO. He's on a cheap contract and I believe the Flames would love to have Gallagher. Lehkonen takes over at 2RW.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I wouldn't mind Duchene, Scrub. Just not at the asking price. Pleks is the is odd man out. Danault was to take over Eller's spot, which should be Plekanec's now. Trade Pleks for a pick or a prospect, retaining some salary. Keep Galchenyuk at centre, Danault is 3C, and we need only one centre. We could move either Gallagher or Pacioretty for that player, depending if it's for a 1C or 2C.

Worst case is Danault becomes 2C behind Galchenyuk and DLR or McCarron is 3C. Obviously, that's not the best option at this time.

That's why I've been suggesting Backlund, who would be a fine 2C IMO. He's on a cheap contract and I believe the Flames would love to have Gallagher. Lehkonen takes over at 2RW.

I'm not sold on Backlund as a 2C, to me he's a 3C that overperformed last year, in part because of Bennett's inability to secure the 2C spot. Plus, he's a UFA at the end of the season...personally, I'm not paying Gallagher for that, unless there's something about Gallagher's health that we don't know.

...that being said, I would trade Gallagher for Bennett if he's available.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

Patches Jumbo Rads
Marleau Chucky Drouin
Lehkonen Plex Gally
Byron Danault McCarron

Trouba Weber
Markov Petry
Schlemko Benn
Davidson

Price
Where did we find the cap space for Thornton/Marleau?

We also acquired Trouba for free?

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'm not sold on Backlund as a 2C, to me he's a 3C that overperformed last year, in part because of Bennett's inability to secure the 2C spot. Plus, he's a UFA at the end of the season...personally, I'm not paying Gallagher for that, unless there's something about Gallagher's health that we don't know.

...that being said, I would trade Gallagher for Bennett if he's available.

I would prefer Bennett as well, but the asking price would be higher than Backlund, and he's yet to prove he's a top 6. I was thinking Backlund for a season, and look at a trade or UFA the following year. I was thinking Gallagher plus for Backlund; should have added that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lol what?!?

1. You can't afford Thornton and Marleau.
2. How did you acquire Trouba for nothing?
3. Schlemko was picked by Vegas from the Sharks, not by the Habs.
4. Where is Shaw?
Dude... Judging by Shaw's contract he was probably traded 1 for 1 for Trouba!

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Pacioretty-Duchene-Radulov
Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron

DLR-Mitchell-Shaw
Martensen

Theodore-Weber
Markov-Petry
Schlemko-Benn
Davidson

Price