Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread -- Expect the Unexpected June 2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Revolutionary hockey. You see penguins win with no defense well step back in amazement as the habs win the 25th with no centers

Never gonna happen. Crosby and Malkin would dominate drouin/Galchenyuk and Danault. It would be a sad sight

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Honestly, I feel that Price could be expendable sooner than later.

Lindgren seems to be a legit back up. Could he pull off a Murray situation in Pittsburgh and have Price become expendable, likely not. But we never know. McNiven too seems like a very decent prospect that could join us in the AHL and actually pan out really good. Halak was part of the same process. Doesn't take a top lottery goaltender pick to become a #1 goaltender. Rinne, Jones, Murray, etc.

I think Price is the one who holds the most value in this organization and if we can use him to land a franchise center + can actually bring us closer to the Cup.

Draisaitl, Tavares, MacKinnon would be my targets.

Btw, I'm not saying we should trade Price. We should trade the whole team before trading Price. But, we have to think of this idea.

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
OK, and maybe two forwards and three defensemen. Lots of D, that's the way MB is picking up players.:)

Going to be interesting to see how he adds centers and left d now. Not much assets to trade and can't see the players we just drafted having much value yet. Time to trade Max PAC I think. We're at least 2 years away barring moves and I don't want to pay big money to a playoff ghost

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB over 5 years has backed himself into a corner, and now every GM knows he needs a centre bad, so they ask him for a steal...and laugh

chucky will be our centre. book that.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What centres are out there, as ufa's besides Thornton and Hanzal? Anyone worth while??

There isn't only the UFA market. And we don't need, nor can we afford (esp. if Radulov is signed) a stud #1 like Kopitar. I think we would want someone cheaper and younger than Kopitar.

But obviously a guy like Derek Stepan was available, and probably RNH could be had for a fair price, now that Edmonton has McDavid and Draisatl as 1-2. Maybe a guy like Tyler Toffoli given more ice time could be a good 2C and since LA needs help on the wings, he could be looked into.

Trades ARE possible if a good piece is returned. So long as the Habs sign Radulov and Galchenyuk, there are enough good pieces to move one to get a top-6 center shy of stud status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->