Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread -- Expect the Unexpected June 2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'd be fine with trading our 1st for Scandella or any other serviceable top 4 D. Looking at how we've been drafting and developing prospects the odds of us getting a guy like that are not good.

At least we'd have a capable NHL body now to help and not one maybe in 3-5 years.

This is exactly the case. Now that we have a name Poehling, trade him! He is minimum 3 years away from meaningful hockey in NHL if at all

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well hopefully this means the Wild were told to pound salt by two teams with their Scandella demands.

They have no power. They need cap space and have too many defencemen.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Well hopefully this means the Wild were told to pound salt by two teams with their Scandella demands.

They have no power. They need cap space and have too many defencemen.

I would like to pick up Scandella as long as their isn't any prime assets going back the other way. He would be a good 2nd pairing guy.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
If Bergevin is adding a defenseman I'd like Calvin DeHaan. Add a little physicality to Petry. I think they would make a great pairing.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Apparently according to Dreger the Habs were in on Schenn but felt the price was too high.

The price is always to high. back to back 20 goal 50 point campaings for a late 1st **** veteran roster player and a conditional 1st?

I would have, that is like trading Scherbak and 25th for Schenn.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Schenn is listed as a C but he always plays more wing, and LW for that matter. No room for him. He's also a pretty ineffective ES player.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
The price is always to high. back to back 20 goal 50 point campaings for a late 1st **** veteran roster player and a conditional 1st?

I would have, that is like trading Scherbak and 25th for Schenn.

Not really , more like Danault/Byron and 2 firsts
He's not a full time centre. We'd have another Galchenyuk on our hands

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder what Shaw could have returned with some retention after seeing the return for Reaves lmfao.

I guess Bargainbin is done...what a joke. Done nothing to address the team. Get rid of this sack of **** already.

Done on June 24 after one draft round? Get real.

Last edited by a moderator:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not really , more like Danault/Byron and 2 firsts
He's not a full time centre. We'd have another Galchenyuk on our hands

yeah, and we don't want that, Habs have more than enough offense as it is.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I guess Bargainbin is done...what a joke. Done nothing to address the team. Get rid of this sack of **** already.

Free agency yet? Habs have quite a bit of caproom as it sounds like Radulov is moving on. I think he will take a run at a center like Big Joe, likely sign a d-man also.

Last edited by a moderator:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Two 1st's and a roster player.

Not a significant roster player. A guy like Byron. One of those 1st picks is conditional that it isn't a top 10.

So mid to late 1st round picks. And this years was at the end of the 1st.

I'm just saying, maybe the Blues did overpay a bit but they targeted a young player with size that is coming off back to back strong offensive years and got him.

Habs did the same with Drouin but it took Bergevin 5 years to target real top 6 forwards. And this team still has a center depth of Danault - Plekanec

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not a significant roster player. A guy like Byron. One of those 1st picks is conditional that it isn't a top 10.

I'm just saying, maybe the Blues did overpay a bit but they targeted a young player with size that is coming off back to back strong offensive years and got him.

Habs did the same with Drouin but it took Bergevin 5 years to target real top 6 forwards. And this team still has a center depth of Danault - Plekanec

Overpaying = bad
Fair value or under paying = good

austin316

Oct 4, 2016

Come on man, this isn't PlayStation!! Trades are hard!

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
If i am Carey Price if Bergevin does not pick up a #1 center and 2 top 4 defense by July 2nd i do not sign a contract extension,i just play out my contract and move on as a UFA at the end of next season.....Get off your hump Bergevin and start improving this team if you are in win now mode than damn well prove it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If i am Carey Price if Bergevin does not pick up a #1 center and 2 top 4 defense by July 2nd i do not sign a contract extension,i just play out my contract and move on as a UFA at the end of next season.....Get off your hump Bergevin and start improving this team if you are in win now mode than damn well prove it.

Happy to hear Price is more loyal than you are.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can't trade Galchenyuk for a center that's a worse player
can't lose juulsen

well there you go. A big, gritty C/LW that is far and away better than anything the Canadiens have had at center since (??) for a roster player + picks

"nah thanks we're good. Keep getting bounced from the playoffs every year because we don't have a player like Brayden Schenn but we're good."

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006

MB is in a position where is doesn't have a choice. He will need to overpay in order to correct our weaknesses.

Only thing is that Schenn wasn't a good fit for us in the first place, since our LW is clogged now - unless Drouin is pushed onto RW or even Centre.

Other thing is that Schenn isn't a regular Centre, taking only around 400-500 FO per season with a week FO% (around 45%). This makes him an excellent complementary winger which is not our need.

But yeah, this is a type of deal that MB has to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad