Proposal: Trade of many bodies (MTL/TOR) Kapanen, Gauthier...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Letting go is the only way both teams will benefit.
let's spell it out one last time. None of your players impact montreal. Kapanen is a nice piece but habs are fine on the wing - with gallagher, galchenyuk, drouin, lehkonen etc...

your other pieces and mid-round picks do nothing. We're not giving you a top 4 dman + our best d prospect and one of the best goalie prospects outside the NHL for that. period.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Kapanen is a top 15 draft pick. Gauthier is a 1st rounder. Pickard is an upside player with draft pedigree.

Look no further than last night's loss vs snow angel Reimer to admit that MTL needs skill at wing in their top 6.

kapanen is not what habs need for the return / pickard is nothing. habs are loaded with goalie prospects / gauthier is a bust...look elsewhere for what you want

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Kapanen is a top 15 draft pick. Gauthier is a 1st rounder. Pickard is an upside player with draft pedigree.

Look no further than last night's loss vs snow angel Reimer to admit that MTL needs skill at wing in their top 6.
Kapanen was taken somewhere between 27-30 I believe. He originally was ranked top 10 (and #1 Euro) but dropped hard on draft day.

To MTL
Kapanen
Gauthier
Aaltonen
Pickard
3rd round pick in 2018
conditional 5th round pick in 2019

To TOR
Petry
Lindgren
Juulsen

Montreal strengthens their C position with prospects, gains a NHL ready backup, and a dynamic scoring winger.

Toronto gains a D player for the playoffs, a G prospect, and a future D.

This is my 1st proposal. Go easy on me.

Want no part of Petry @ 5.5 a year, especially if I have to give up kapanen for the honour of paying him.

Hjallmerson is the guy we should be going after if available.

Hard pass from the leafs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My first instinct is what kind of hot garbage is Toronto even getting back here to pull off such a large and complicated deal?

Lindgren is nothing, Petry is nothing except paid like a top pairing guy, and Juulsen is on his way to being nothing special.

I wouldn't trade Kapanen alone for that junk.

Don't propose deals that wreck your own franchise!

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Habs are not trading a top 4 d-man, a prospect with top 4 potential and a goalie with the potential to be a starter for your absolute garbage proposal. Yeah I would want a top 6 C or a top 4 d-man in return, if you can't offer that look somewhere else.

You overvalue your players quite a bit, under that premise....Kapanen is a top 6 winger, Gauthier and Aaltonen 3rd line centres, Pickard has the potential to be a starter, the 3rd round pick might end up being a star. See what I did there?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Why would Montreal want Toronto's dead wood honestly? And why of all prospects would we trade Noah Juulsen?
My first instinct is what kind of hot garbage is Toronto even getting back here to pull off such a large and complicated deal?

Lindgren is nothing, Petry is nothing except paid like a top pairing guy, and Juulsen is on his way to being nothing special.

I wouldn't trade Kapanen alone for that junk.

Don't propose deals that wreck your own franchise!
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
They aren't huge value guys but Kap and Aalto have a place on our roster next year.

They are going to be the cheap ELC contracts to replace departing guys like JVR / Bozak / Moore etc.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Juulsen is in every trade proposed by Habs fans lol. I'm more than happy to keep Kapanen, he's a full time NHLer next year
Isn't that what Leafs fan said last year as well? It's true has proven a lot in his 23 NHL games.

Juulsen is included by fans who think he is unimpressive by stat watching. He is already the Rocket's best D at 20. I guess you'll see when he makes the show. I'll remind you Kapanen is included in every proposal by Leafs fans.
We should give you Hemsky. He's a top 15 draft pick as well.

Gauthier is a bust. Pickard is AHL material. Kapanen is a top 9 forward. Nothing to see.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Juulsen is in every trade proposed by Habs fans lol. I'm more than happy to keep Kapanen, he's a full time NHLer next year

If you are not ready to pay a ''good to pretty good prospect'' of what you already have for a top 4 RD, then i can't do nothing for you and your hopes of winnig a cup anytime soon.

Reactions: DJKhaled

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You overvalue your players quite a bit, under that premise....Kapanen is a top 6 winger, Gauthier and Aaltonen 3rd line centres, Pickard has the potential to be a starter, the 3rd round pick might end up being a star. See what I did there?

Montreal fans should stick with the tabloid side of hockey reporting, and leave the actual hockey talk to others.

It's quite an embarrassment to see Habs fans get indignant about giving up scraps:

Jeff Petry: you got this guy for a second and a fourth and he's been around for some good times, but at this rate and with that contract, he's going to get you a 4th round pick. No one wants him.

What is special about Charlie Lindgren? You're probably getting back a better goalie in Calvin Pickard who is a year older but has actual solid NHL experience.

Noah Juulsen: notice how Juulsen's thrown into every Habs deal along with a second rounder and someone like Victor Mete isn't?

In terms of the Leafs hot garbage in this deal? It's all garbage too, except Kapanen. Whom you're not going to get!

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Isn't that what Leafs fan said last year as well? It's true has proven a lot in his 23 NHL games.

Juulsen is included by fans who think he is unimpressive by stat watching. He is already the Rocket's best D at 20. I guess you'll see when he makes the show. I'll remind you Kapanen is included in every proposal by Leafs fans.

We should give you Hemsky. He's a top 15 draft pick as well.

Gauthier is a bust. Pickard is AHL material. Kapanen is a top 9 forward. Nothing to see.

The Leafs have a ton of depth up front, with 3 top 9 players being UFA's and money needing to be spent on the back end....some younger guys will get more prominent roles.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
The Leafs have a ton of depth up front, with 3 top 9 players being UFA's and money needing to be spent on the back end....some younger guys will get more prominent roles.
Yes, I get why he will join the team next year. But I think Leafs fan are overrating him big time. He hasn't proven much.

The fact that some actually believe the Habs would give up Petry, Juulsen and Lindgren for him, Gauthier, Pickard and a 3rd is quite hilarious.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Petry doesn't put us over the top though and at 5.5 mil, that's way too steep

It is always a matter of evaluating players. Petry is a 22 minutes player with decent offense production. You wont get that kind of D under 5M$ AAV, unless it is one of your own drafted and developed D on his ELC or bridge contract.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Petry doesn't put us over the top though and at 5.5 mil, that's way too steep

There isn't much that would get your team over the top, except maturation. You guys are not ready yet.

But that's a leafs fan that made the thread, so i would guess some of you guys think Petry would make you a better team.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
perfect, so please continue to forget...lindgren and juulsen are not available. Come up with a package for Weber, but make it good. He might be available. Weber on the leafs makes you potential cup finalists
I have no interest in Weber...his contract and the cost to acquire make me say no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad