Proposal: Trade of many bodies (MTL/TOR) Kapanen, Gauthier...

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
To MTL
Kapanen
Gauthier
Aaltonen
Pickard
3rd round pick in 2018
conditional 5th round pick in 2019

To TOR
Petry
Lindgren
Juulsen

Montreal strengthens their C position with prospects, gains a NHL ready backup, and a dynamic scoring winger.

Toronto gains a D player for the playoffs, a G prospect, and a future D.

This is my 1st proposal. Go easy on me.

VinceHabs

Aug 2, 2015
Montréal
I wouldn't do it from a mtl point of view. At this point I'm not giving up any pics or prospects. Petry can be had for the right price though, but he's not the first guy I move out.

To MTL
Kapanen
Gauthier
Aaltonen
Pickard
3rd round pick in 2018

To TOR
Petry
Lindgren
Juulsen

Montreal strengthens their C position with prospects, gains a NHL ready backup, and a dynamic scoring winger.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
The value isn't lopsided, I just have a hard time seeing Lou and Co dealing Kapanen to a rival. Despite his meagre production, I believe he's still slotted for a big role on this team in the coming 3 years. Petry would be an awesome add, though.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Kapanen and Gauthier for Petry would be a decent deal to work around... Always depends what Montreal could acquire else where and if they prefer near NHL ready prospects or picks.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I like Kapanen but he isn't a piece that we need.

The other pieces do nothing for us. You get a top 3 D, our best G and D prospects.

All in all, that is really bad for Mtl.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Kapanen and Gauthier for Petry would be a decent deal to work around... Always depends what Montreal could acquire else where and if they prefer near NHL ready prospects or picks.

Kapanen and 1st or Liljegren straight up for Petry.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Terrible for Montreal, I don't see a top 6 C or a top 4 d-man in that package you offered. Hopefully this is your last proposal.

Which NHL team is going to give you a top 6 C? Especially for what is going the other way? None of those MTL players command a top 6 C. Take those draft picks TOR is offering and take your best shot at drafting a C.

Hopefully that was your last post.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Which NHL team is going to give you a top 6 C? Especially for what is going the other way? None of those MTL players command a top 6 C. Take those draft picks TOR is offering and take your best shot at drafting a C.

You mean the late 3rd and 5th round pick you generously proposed in your offer??

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal

Habs are not trading a top 4 d-man, a prospect with top 4 potential and a goalie with the potential to be a starter for your absolute garbage proposal. Yeah I would want a top 6 C or a top 4 d-man in return, if you can't offer that look somewhere else.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
How does this help Montreal? 2 guys who are at best 3rd centers, and another winger in Kapanen. Also, pretty sure the Leafs couldn't afford Petry's contract unless they give back Bozak or someone.

Does MTL have a top 9 C in their prospect pool. Take the quantity being offered: two C's and two chances to draft a C. Kapanen still helps your team (even if you don't see it).

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Does MTL have a top 9 C in their prospect pool. Take the quantity being offered: two C's and two chances to draft a C. Kapanen still helps your team (even if you don't see it).
Other teams might offer something Montreal would need... so why should Montreal comply for something they don't need?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

WE have Poehling and Ikonen we just drafted in 1st and 2 round in 2017. Nothing you offered is or will be better than those 2.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
To MTL
Kapanen
Gauthier
Aaltonen
Pickard
3rd round pick in 2018

To TOR
Petry
Lindgren
Juulsen

Honestly, after Kapanen, those Leafs pieces aren't much. Lindgren to me isn't a target...goalie prosoects aren't worth much, but Petry and Juulsen do hold some solid value.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Honestly, after Kapanen, those Leafs pieces aren't much. Lindgren to me isn't a target...goalie prosoects aren't worth much, but Petry and Juulsen do hold some solid value.

I agree about Lindgren. And If Petry goes, Juulsen is seen as a potential replacement for him, so doesn't make sense trading future with Petry when the objective is getting futures.

Reactions: Liferleafer

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
To MTL
Kapanen
Gauthier
Aaltonen
Pickard
3rd round pick in 2018

To TOR
Petry
Lindgren
Juulsen

this doesn't help montreal. And there's a long line of guys to go before juulsen and lindgren. Next!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Please continue to forget....Liljgren is not available, he's our Sergachev.

perfect, so please continue to forget...lindgren and juulsen are not available. Come up with a package for Weber, but make it good. He might be available. Weber on the leafs makes you potential cup finalists

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

no one's giving us a top 6...but that is garbage offer for two of our best prospects. not interested. and it's laughable to suggest those picks find us a top 6 C..kadri and Matthews are both top 10 picks. notice a pattern?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Kapanen is a top 15 draft pick. Gauthier is a 1st rounder. Pickard is an upside player with draft pedigree.

Look no further than last night's loss vs snow angel Reimer to admit that MTL needs skill at wing in their top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad