Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
This is what it looks like if we do. I say we try to add a pick for him to go to Seattle. This way we keep all of Chairot, Edmundson, Allen... and we free up cap space. It's more workable than some will realize. Seattle will need some PP help and Drouin offers that.

Another option is Drouin, 1st, and prospect for Tarasenko... if Tarasenko want to join the Habs. I believe he has a full NTC.

mnfjOMp.jpg
Thx
For the info. Let me rephrase it though. Can Drouin be bought out if he’s on ltir. Or does ltir end when the season is over. thx

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thx
For the info. Let me rephrase it though. Can Drouin be bought out if he’s on ltir. Or does ltir end when the season is over. thx

I don't know. If he is on LTIR, you leave him there but it's tricky on when he potentially comes back. Only the Habs and Drouin know why he is on LTIR and how long it may happen.

Drouin on LTIR starting next year is holding our cap space hostage IMO. If we don't know when he comes back or is ready to play again.

But if he stays on LTIR over the buyout period, I believe you might be able to buy it out but not sure any team tried that before

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Go hard after Landeskog. Perfect fit (young, talented, grit) who we can outbid anybody for.

Only works if he is like Radulov and is after the most money possible. I think he prefers to stay with the Avs and they will come to terms. If they don't Sakic gets very cheap with him and negotiations get sour

He is a great fit for us yes but are we on his mind? Not sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No. He’s 21 and he’s a 3 0ver all pick who’a production is underwhelming. With Danault coming back, kk is a 3rd liner at max

Habs need to drop the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th liner narrative for a bit cause we roll lines. Context is much deeper than penciling them down on value lines like other teams have. We are not built that way

It's possible that if KK steps up to another level, we have three 2nd lines of quality

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Seth Jones apparently wants to go to market next summer (2022), and will not agree to an extension prior, even if that’s a condition of a trade

Listening to today’s 31 thoughts podcast they said they don’t think he would commit to an extension with Philly now. But Friedman thinks there are a couple of places he would consider signing long term now (doesn’t name those teams).

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Even if ya did I gotta feeling you would ignore it n move the goalposts ;)
you can think whatever you want, I'm OK with it.

Although you talked about goalposts enough in the last few pages, I thought for a sec we were in the Carey Price thread.

You can keep going though, just know I wont reply as I do not know what you're talking about anymore.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
UFA/Trade-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli
Poehling-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry
Pezzetta(i know, but i like the player)

This is pretty much the lineup i expect going into next season!

One 5M and one 6.5M player on the third line

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Nico Hischier is a player I’m interested in, if the Devils draft Beniers, not so sure Nico is going to be a long term resident there.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
This is what it looks like if we do. I say we try to add a pick for him to go to Seattle. This way we keep all of Chairot, Edmundson, Allen... and we free up cap space. It's more workable than some will realize. Seattle will need some PP help and Drouin offers that.

Another option is Drouin, 1st, and prospect for Tarasenko... if Tarasenko want to join the Habs. I believe he has a full NTC. I also believe the Blues are having a hard time finding a trade partner for the tank. High salary next year could be a problem for many teams! Team that can add him will also try to send a contract the other way as well.

mnfjOMp.jpg

Maybe even get creative there and try to get Dunn while you’re at it. If nothing else, a Drouin/Tarasenko swap is intruiging

Reactions: Habs Halifax

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
My ideal targets would be Hamilton or Hall, but I doubt either would sign here.

Would be very happy with a Saad or Schwartz though (around $5M)

Really curious to see how the Drouin situation plays out, we should know when the expansion lists are made public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad