Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Tarasenko has seven goals in the last two seasons combined. Hearing the way Blues fans talk about him makes him seem like quite the liability.

Plus he's making 7.5m next year and the year after. Pretty risky pickup with some young guys coming off their RFA deals this summer and next.

I'd give quite a lot to nab Forsberg, but not sure it's possible.

He's also barely played and basically hasn't had a proper offseason since winning the cup. He could be busted in a way that his game wont recover, but his situation may be less chronic injury issues and more that the Blues medical staff messed up his surgery twice and he had to go to an outside surgeon to have done properly the 3rd time. This might be a Markov-type situation.

And if Drouin goes the other way (which seems palatable to some Blues fans from the main boards) or is off the books, you're looking at net-2 mil addition to the cap. Considering Suzuki's (I guess maybe Romanov) the only major contract for the duration of the contract and Montreal will have other contracts (and a reduction to Alzner's cap penalty) coming off the books, it seems like a workable situation.

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Capfriendly looks updated today (I was wrong in a previous post) - do we think that the flat cap might drive down some costs and we might not have to pay a premium for UFAs this year?
PROJECTED CAP HIT : $66,828,809

PROJECTED LTIR USED : $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE : $14,671,191

Assuming we lost Chiarot & Drouin (either trade or LTIR) , we will have $23,671,191 to spend

Resign:
Danault (4.5-5M x4)
Armia (2.75-3Mx3)
Perry (1-1.5Mx1)

So 8-9.5M on these three leaves us with 15M or so to fill some holes

Alec Martinez (LHD): 2 years x $5M-5.5M
We have enough to target a true 1LW (Landeskog, Forsberg, E. Kane, Ovi)

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
UFA/Trade-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli
Poehling-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry
Pezzetta(i know, but i like the player)

This is pretty much the lineup i expect going into next season!

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry

Why is kk on the second line ? Why? Seriously I’m asking why?? He was scratched in the cup and ha d horrible regular season.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With Matthew Tkachuk’s name in the rumor mill, do wonder if that’s potentially MBs target. Not sure what Cgy’s looking to deal him or return they’re looking for etc.

Tkachuk - Suzuki - Caufield ...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry

Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Granlund-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry
Teasdale/Ylonen/Pezzetta

I could absolutely live with this and see us do quite well with that forward group IF the LD/Top-3 PMD hole is filled properly... if not, if we're still looking at both Chia/Edm playing in the top-4 opposite Weber/Petry, we're in for a tough slog.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Why is kk on the second line ? Why? Seriously I’m asking why?? He was scratched in the cup and ha d horrible regular season.

I’m not a fan of his either. Go read his thread. But we drafted him. KK has to start showing something and we gotta find a way to make it worth.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With Matthew Tkachuk’s name in the rumor mill, do wonder if that’s potentially MBs target

Not sure if Cgy’s looking to deal him or return they’re looking for etc.

Tkachuk - Suzuki - Caufield ...​

koivu2k1

Oct 1, 2017
Hes only what 20 years old? I dont think hes even close to his full potential yet, he's going to need icetime to develop, big skinny centers take a few years to be dominant, I really hope he does leg day for the next 2 months.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Hes only what 20 years old? I dont think hes even close to his full potential yet, he's going to need icetime to develop, big skinny centers take a few years to be dominant, I really hope he does leg day for the next 2 months.
He’s 21. He’s played 200 games

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I’m not a fan of his either. Go read his thread. But we drafted him. KK has to start showing something and we gotta find a way to make it worth.
He will be on the 3rd line with Armia and leks. You’re not gonna pay Phil five million to be a 3rd liner. Also a line with KK and tofolli is too slow

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
He will be on the 3rd line with Armia and leks. You’re not gonna pay Phil five million to be a 3rd liner. Also a line with KK and tofolli is too slow

If Armia and Lehks are on third line, you’re in trouble.

Danault will be re-sign. Around 4 milions is my guess.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I'm allowed to dream no?
habs.jpg

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Seth Jones apparently wants to go to market next summer (2022), and will not agree to an extension prior, even if that’s a condition of a trade

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Go hard after Landeskog. Perfect fit (young, talented, grit) who we can outbid anybody for.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
What you should say is "He is only 21. And has already played 200 games. Most guys don't make the show that young".
No. He’s 21 and he’s a 3 0ver all pick who’a production is underwhelming. With Danault coming back, kk is a 3rd liner at max

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can drouin be bought out??

This is what it looks like if we do. I say we try to add a pick for him to go to Seattle. This way we keep all of Chairot, Edmundson, Allen... and we free up cap space. It's more workable than some will realize. Seattle will need some PP help and Drouin offers that.

Another option is Drouin, 1st, and prospect for Tarasenko... if Tarasenko want to join the Habs. I believe he has a full NTC. I also believe the Blues are having a hard time finding a trade partner for the tank. High salary next year could be a problem for many teams! Team that can add him will also try to send a contract the other way as well.

mnfjOMp.jpg

Reactions: Supersonic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad