Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Wish there's a way to acquire a first pairing RD. I think Weber just needs to play less minutes. He can't be overused at this point.
Imagine having Weber, Petry and say Hamilton out in the ice for 100% of the games. That would be worth having Chairot, Edmundson and Romanov as your 3 left side D again

Reactions: No More Subban

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Surely Bergevin will go after his boy Saad? I don’t have any particular feelings about it, but doesn’t it just feel like such a Bergevin move?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Going to the finals may attract some UFAs. Hamilton and a top winger would make this team contend. Ovi would be nice.

Reactions: BLONG7

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
At the end of the day we learn that we need offence to win. Carey Price can’t stop everything and we shouldn’t be relying on our goalie. Tamp has a Carey Price. They also have a Kucherov Stamkos and a Point. They also have a lot of depth.

We need a Jack Eichel and we need a Patrick Laine. We also need a top 4 power play puck moving defenceman.

I don’t know if it’s possible but Bergevin needs to address these concerns as Price and Weber aren’t getting younger.

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Apparently Tarasenko wants out. What you guys think about that?

they guy played like 40 games in last two years so not sure. A $7.5 mil per for next two years is high.
I don’t see him worth much on the block.

maybe Drouin $5.5 mil and Kulak $1.8 mil for Tarasenko. Your problem for my problem experiment. All players need a change of scenery

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Pipe dream scenarios

-Ovie decides he wants to live the Montreal life and signs here cheap
-Weber gets the Kucherov treatment, Habs sign Hamilton, Weber returns in the playoffs rested
-Habs unload Drouin's cap amd use it on getting Tarasenko

A guy can dream right? :laugh:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
At the end of the day we learn that we need offence to win. Carey Price can’t stop everything and we shouldn’t be relying on our goalie. Tamp has a Carey Price. They also have a Kucherov Stamkos and a Point. They also have a lot of depth.

We need a Jack Eichel and we need a Patrick Laine. We also need a top 4 power play puck moving defenceman.

I don’t know if it’s possible but Bergevin needs to address these concerns as Price and Weber aren’t getting younger.
A song by the Eagles comes to mind...............called Wasted Time....
Bergevin knows this tune well.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Pipe dream scenarios

-Ovie decides he wants to live the Montreal life and signs here cheap
-Weber gets the Kucherov treatment, Habs sign Hamilton, Weber returns in the playoffs rested
-Habs unload Drouin's cap amd use it on getting Tarasenko

A guy can dream right? :laugh:

I'm guessing a LOT of teams are going to give the '' season long wink wink injury '' Kucherov gimmick a go next season :laugh: Until the league finds a way to rule it out at least.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I feel like we're closer than most thought, but need one or two bold moves to push it over the top.

With all our picks and a pretty deep prospect pool/roster, we can definately be in the running for some of the big names that might be out there.

Need a true 1 LW and 1/2 PM LHD

LW
1st Tier: Ovechkin*, Forsberg, Landeskog,
2nd Tier: Saad, Schwartz, Tarasenko,

LHD
Martinez...

*I don't think there's a chance in hell he leaves WSH.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Drouin and a high pick for Tarasenko? Yeah it's a higher cap hit and Vladdy's shoulder is made of screws and duct tape, but would that be a risk worth taking if he'd accept it? St. Louis gets rid of a guy that wants out and saves a couple mill on the cap

Tarasenko - Suzy - Caufield
Toffoli - KK - Anderson

That's two very good lines

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Tarasenko has seven goals in the last two seasons combined. Hearing the way Blues fans talk about him makes him seem like quite the liability.

Plus he's making 7.5m next year and the year after. Pretty risky pickup with some young guys coming off their RFA deals this summer and next.

I'd give quite a lot to nab Forsberg, but not sure it's possible.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tarasenko has seven goals in the last two seasons combined. Hearing the way Blues fans talk about him makes him seem like quite the liability.

Plus he's making 7.5m next year and the year after. Pretty risky pickup with some young guys coming off their RFA deals this summer and next.
Word is he was pissed at how Blues handled his shoulder and 3rd surgery was done outside then organization and doctors found it wasn’t done properly. Hopefully it’s behind him and his value is super low. Drouin + swap would be offer. If not, plenty of other/better options out there. Just not that I can think of where Habs shed Drouin at the same time.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Surely Bergevin will go after his boy Saad? I don’t have any particular feelings about it, but doesn’t it just feel like such a Bergevin move?
It does, although purely theoretically.

We can hardly commit to another $5M winger with kids coming off ELCs and major decisions soon to be made on defence.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Dream off-season:

Guhle + ‘21 1st + ‘21 3rd for Fillip Forsberg (50% retained)

We sign Dougie Hamilton to 7.5M x 8

Danault signed below 4.5M

Perry signed to a 1 x 1 deal

Drouin claimed by Seattle

Forsberg - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
X - Danault - Gallagher
X - Evans - Perry

Edmundson - Hamilton
Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Weber

Price