Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Guess we losing Allen to the draft

Won't be the end of the world if they did. That's a better option than paying the ridiculous price Francis was likely asking for to take someone else. Plus there should be lots of options in UFA to sign a vet backup to replace Allen

Reactions: loudi94

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The ask for him with an extension would be crazy. I'd still like Jones on a 1 year. If Weber comes back for the playoffs, our defense suddenly gets very good. Hamilton doesn't produce that much in the playoffs (kinda like Petry) but Jones is a playoff monster. Even if he won't resign, I feel like he could be a good add to this year.
We could just trade Forsberg without extension but yeah the cost will be high.
I still think if Weber is not playing this season , he's not coming back for a playoff run , he would be really out of shape and his knee balance could be at risk. He's just a goner for me in my point. Perhaps we could trade him back to Nashville in a Forsberg trade?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Vegas is banking on Patrick and Howden to fix the center issue next season? They have 16 points combined last year. Eric Staal alone had 13 lol.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Who cares lol
We might sign an even cheaper backup and get more cap space out of it lol
The Allen love fest has been mind blowing honestly
Hes ok, but hes also dime a dozen, sheesh
No he carried us to the playoffs this year. Compare him to the last 5 back-ups we had and he’s head and shoulders above the rest.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

We weren't in on this? I'm questionable on Tarasenko but come on, leaving him exposed means that he was cheap...

EDIT: Forgot that St.Louis likely wants no cap coming back

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Where are you seeing this.... can't see anything on his twitter

He speculated this right after Weber injury news was released a few days ago. He simply mentioned Habs could be a player because of new found cap space if Weber goes on LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad