Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
We weren't in on this? I'm questionable on Tarasenko but come on, leaving him exposed means that he was cheap...

His shoulder's a mess and he takes up a pile of cap space in a flat cap world. He's also going to turn 30 in a few months. The 40 goal Tarasenko is a thing of the past and he's poor defensively.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
His shoulder's a mess and he takes up a pile of cap space in a flat cap world. He's also going to turn 30 in a few months. The 40 goal Tarasenko is a thing of the past and he's poor defensively.

It's a risk, but it's not that much of a long shot. Would it be a surprise to anyone if Tarasenko came back with a 30 goals season next year?

In any case, any trade for him had to start with Drouin to offset some of the money. It would be worth a shot, but for St-Louis, offloading his contract at the ED might be better than Drouin + whatever additional assets we would theoretically be willing to toss in.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Duchene I'd probably stay away, but I'd have a hard time passing on the other ones.
Voracek declining, 3 more years at his cap hit no thanks.
Giordano signed for only 1 year at 37
Tarasenko with his shoulder
mybe Domi since his younger and much cheaper than the others.

I'd pass on most of them unless teams have nothing of value available or they pay me to take them.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm wondering why Appleton didn't get traded. 900k forward who was on pace for 37 points in an 82 game season. Thought for sure Tampa would get him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

I'd pass on most of them unless teams have nothing of value available or they pay me to take them.

They have to reach the cap floor and need some of these higher salary types.

They can retain on their contracts and swap them for some additional assets in a couple months too.

It's hard to have a clear picture without the full scope of the ED lists, but I have a hard time imagining there will be significantly better options than those guys on their respective teams (minus Dunn for STL).

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
They have to reach the cap floor and need some of these higher salary types.

They can retain on their contracts and swap them for some additional assets in a couple months too.

It's hard to have a clear picture without the full scope of the ED lists, but I have a hard time imagining there will be significantly better options than those guys on their respective teams (minus Dunn for STL).
there will be enough 4, 5 or 6M players available it should not be a problem to reach.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
We know we have a lot of trouble to sign the big guys.

Don't think we'll get Hamilton, Jones, Eichel...

Better trade for Tarasenko than have 8M free like we had couple years ago.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's a risk, but it's not that much of a long shot. Would it be a surprise to anyone if Tarasenko came back with a 30 goals season next year?

In any case, any trade for him had to start with Drouin to offset some of the money. It would be worth a shot, but for St-Louis, offloading his contract at the ED might be better than Drouin + whatever additional assets we would theoretically be willing to toss in.

Because of the flat cap, teams are more afraid than ever to take on high risk contracts. Tarasenko was awful last year and is a complete liability if he isn't scoring. Gallagher (another bad contract) at least plays a strong defensive game when he isn't scoring.

I'm not sure if Seattle takes him in the ED. I think Dunn is a more attractive option if he's available.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Giordano might be a nice one year selection for the Kraken for his leadership and stability he'll bring on defense to a brand new organization. Domi would be a half decent pick. I agree on Voracek and Tarasenko being no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad