Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Don't know what Bergevin is going to do but if he stays idle, this team is going to suck major ass next year.

He's going to be calling around - maybe more than any other GM. But whether he makes moves will depend on whether he can get MB type players at the prices he wants.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Don't know what Bergevin is going to do but if he stays idle, this team is going to suck major ass next year.

This is just a roster freeze for less than a week, still going to be a lot of trades after the expansion draft plus all of free agency left to go

I think an Allen deal would've been the only possible move we'd have seen today

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
This is just a roster freeze for less than a week, still going to be a lot of trades after the expansion draft plus all of free agency left to go

I think an Allen deal would've been the only possible move we'd have seen today

I think the Habs really want to keep Allen. We'll find out in a few days how negotiations with Seattle have gone.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
This narrative is kind of old. MB has made some of the biggest trades in the NHL over the latest 5 years.

We’re about to find out what he’s made of. Losing Weber for the year at the very least leaves a huge hole, he can’t afford to sit on his hands.

we’ll see.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No idea what he will do, especially since we don't know if we can use Weber's cap hit beyond next season or not.

I could see him signing Savard (multi year) and Deangelo (one year/full value) to fill RD spots and address the PP quarterback issue. It would give us enough flexibility to fit the captain under the cap if he plays in 2022-23.

Savard is definitely a possibility but no way I see DeAngelo being an option that MB would consider. MB is big on character and team unity........AD is the antithesis of these dynamics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad