GDT: Trade Deadline - Where does Toff go? (answer: Winnipeg) Do we get a goalie?? (answer: Jake Allen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
So we moved Toffoli and Miller, both of whom were UFA at end of season, and received 3 picks that can be used in the offseason toward the goalie we want (or other trades). We moved Vanacek, who was owed $3.4M next year and just wasn't going to be the guy. We picked up Jake Allen who is a perfectly serviceable backup or even 1B. Kahkonen was brought in just to deal with roster spots and cap in San Joe, but it's a 27 year old guy getting a look perhaps who had better stats than Vanacek ever had.

Smith is still here, but I bet this is the end for him here.

All good stuff, some cleanup and getting ready for offseason.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
If we hadn’t given Palat a NTC we could’ve traded him with Holtz and protected ‘25 first for Hertl. Can you imagine having Hertl at 6.7 instead of Palat at 6? That’s exactly why that signing was so bad

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If we hadn’t given Palat a NTC we could’ve traded him with Holtz and protected ‘25 first for Hertl. Can you imagine having Hertl at 6.7 instead of Palat at 6? That’s exactly why that signing was so bad
lol what are you talking about

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’m glad we have Palat and I don’t think we should allocate that much cap and that many resources to getting another center.

Reactions: Guadana

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Weird, what changed??
B5G84HZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad