GDT: Trade Deadline - Where does Toff go? (answer: Winnipeg) Do we get a goalie?? (answer: Jake Allen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
I hope Craig Button is advising GMs trying to acquire Toff. Called him an all around play driver that can play PK and said there’s no price too high to pay for someone like that 😂

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Emily Kaplan said a similar thing on the game broadcast last night, NJ almost certainly will acquire a goalie today but it won't be a long-term guy. Just a stopgap to take some of the heat off Schmid/Daws.

The whole Markstrom thing is bizarre. The owner thinks that trading Markstrom sends the wrong message to the fans and the locker room, yet they had no issue giving up Lindholm, Tanev, Hanafin.

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
I would take Ned if he’s not too expensive. Give him an audition for the backup job next year

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024

So no Ullmark/Markstrom today, lookin like

Interesting. Devils may want to see what they have in Dawes the rest of way and schmidt. they need a back up.. to whoever they sign. i don't have an issue with this. it doesn't matter for this season. get rid of toffoli is the only thing that must get done today. number 1 pick and a good tough fast young bottom six center or winger. and im happy

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
okay, just a fun thought exercise. You see the following: "(LeBrun) Devils have acquired PLD. Trade return not known yet."

What would the trade details have to be for you to not throw a full blown temper tantrum?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Not too excited about the Toffoli return, I think most likely the team trades him for dry powder (picks or possibly picks) to handle goaltending in offseason. High end would be LA's 1st, possibly a 2nd and 4th or something like that.

Think NJ will add a veteran G to eat goalie starts too, possibly Raanta. No idea what's up with Vanecek, wouldn't be suprised if NJ has decided he can't play for the team again and the injury is partially a mental reset / face saving maneuver and they figure how to dump him this offseason.

Reactions: My3Sons

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
okay, just a fun thought exercise. You see the following: "(LeBrun) Devils have acquired PLD. Trade return not known yet."

What would the trade details have to be for you to not throw a full blown temper tantrum?
There's no version of a PLD deal that wouldn't have me calling for Fitz to be sent to the guillotine

Oh?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think a big part of it will be that the team doesn't want to let both Schmid and Daws' waiver eligibility slip through the remainder of the year. Acquiring a veteran stopgap to help take the load off of them, let one go back to Utica for the rest of the year and the other stay up to get their share of starts here.

This lets them kick the can down the road to next year, acquire a stopgap, and not lose one of your two young goalies before you might have to.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
weird one. 6 goals in 43 games played this year. matches his pace last year (12 in 81). One of those players with a name and a huge memorable goal/celly that just isn't that guy any more. I guess for ~4m cap hit it's not that big of a risk but... he's not worth ~4m.

Just not the kind of guy I picture Carolina pursuing.

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
And if there are no takers for Toffoli, what do we do here?

Do we re-sign a 3 year deal and give him some money, or longer term but less money and hope not to go through the whole term?

Or are we all convinced he shouldn't be on the team going forward?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
And if there are no takers for Toffoli, what do we do here?

Do we re-sign a 3 year deal and give him some money, or longer term but less money and hope not to go through the whole term?

Or are we all convinced he shouldn't be on the team going forward?
there's noooo way he won't have a taker

think fitz would rather take some kind of cut price than lose him for nothing. but it sounded like we weren't close on term/AAV. maybe we circle back during summer

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad